Solved

Quick 730$ dollar pc overview

Hello, Pretty much would like a quick scan for any bottlenecks, (shouldn't be, hope so)

Feel free to recommend me something On the same Website if there is a bottleneck

Here are the parts:

RAM
(have some in my house, 4gb, 1333mhz)

HDD
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX32264

Case
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX37327
(EDIT: Probably going to get this case ((Pretty much out of stock)http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX47403)

PSU
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX34935

GPU
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX39458

CPU
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX42729

MOBO
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX39068

EDIT: Forgot to add the DVD drive and Fan

DVD drive
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX45542

Fan
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX34324

EDIT 2: Forgot to add Windows 7

(You dont need a link... Windows 7 home premium 64bit, 119$)


Thats pretty much it
(I am not useing 4th gen, Since, There still quite expensive, UNLESS, you can find something for that price On the page

Thank you for any answers!
19 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about quick 730 dollar overview
  1. why does it have to be on this site
  2. You can buy the MB/CPU as a bundle: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/BDL_3220_B75MCSM

    See if you can stretch to a 7750: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX42655
  3. Its not all from that place but
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1DNUm
  4. Someone Somewhere said:
    You can buy the MB/CPU as a bundle: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/BDL_3220_B75MCSM

    See if you can stretch to a 7750: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX42655


    Yeah, I am aware that i can get them in a bundle

    (We are now able to stretch to 740$ so, I will update with new parts)

    Is the CPU bottlenecked by the gpu right now?
  5. If you can stretch your budget get this one

    This is a lot more powerful than the one currently made,

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($179.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($82.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($24.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($283.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $738.89
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-14 23:40 EDT-0400)
  6. Best answer
    Definitely more GPU. 7950 or 7970 at that budget.

    I'd go for 8GB RAM though.
  7. Someone Somewhere said:
    Definitely more GPU. 7950 or 7970 at that budget.

    I'd go for 8GB RAM though.


    Yep, but it said he already has 4GB so...
  8. RazerZ said:
    Someone Somewhere said:
    Definitely more GPU. 7950 or 7970 at that budget.

    I'd go for 8GB RAM though.


    Yep, but it said he already has 4GB so...


    Yes, Thanks for Understanding!
    Anyways, Im able to stretch the budget to a I5 3330 and a gt 640

    Would this be better? Less of a bottleneck (trying to avoid my i5 660 and Gt 620 Oc'd to 630

    Updated parts:

    CPU
    http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX41285

    GPU
    http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX39799

    DVD drive

    http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX45542

    EDIT, Would this GPU be any better? (I personally dont like Radeon, Heard bad things, But i'll give it a go, Would still like the Gt 640.)

    http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX39011

    Edit2, Would this case be better then the one im currently planning? (Review says it doesnt fit dual slot cards well)

    http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX42032

    Any Bad bottleneck?
  9. Im probably going to either go with a gt 640 and Overclock it, or get a 7750, Which do you guys recommend?
  10. Xyloriuphon said:
    Im probably going to either go with a gt 640 and Overclock it, or get a 7750, Which do you guys recommend?


    Why are you getting everything from memory express. For that price you can get a way better build.
  11. RazerZ said:
    Xyloriuphon said:
    Im probably going to either go with a gt 640 and Overclock it, or get a 7750, Which do you guys recommend?


    Why are you getting everything from memory express. For that price you can get a way better build.


    Beacuse, I live in canada, And, Its the closest store to me, And, I do not like buying things online....

    EDIT: just picked the parts, And, Most of them are In-store pickup only, So, if i was to buy online, its the same price, But, Its more with shipping..
  12. Xyloriuphon said:
    RazerZ said:
    Xyloriuphon said:
    Im probably going to either go with a gt 640 and Overclock it, or get a 7750, Which do you guys recommend?


    Why are you getting everything from memory express. For that price you can get a way better build.


    Beacuse, I live in canada, And, Its the closest store to me, And, I do not like buying things online....

    EDIT: just picked the parts, And, Most of them are In-store pickup only, So, if i was to buy online, its the same price, But, Its more with shipping..


    Not true, online is a lot cheaper and they usually ship for free or they might charge for shipping but it will still be cheaper than in store.
  13. RazerZ said:
    Xyloriuphon said:
    RazerZ said:
    Xyloriuphon said:
    Im probably going to either go with a gt 640 and Overclock it, or get a 7750, Which do you guys recommend?


    Why are you getting everything from memory express. For that price you can get a way better build.


    Beacuse, I live in canada, And, Its the closest store to me, And, I do not like buying things online....

    EDIT: just picked the parts, And, Most of them are In-store pickup only, So, if i was to buy online, its the same price, But, Its more with shipping..


    Not true, online is a lot cheaper and they usually ship for free or they might charge for shipping but it will still be cheaper than in store.


    okay, But, I just realized i can get a 4th gen processor, As i said, I live in canada, So, Im planning to buy here... But, here are the new updated parts
    CPU
    http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX45433

    MOBO
    http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX45860

    Hopefully that should fix the bottleneck
  14. This built is a lot more powerful and is around the same price.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($154.99 @ Canada Computers)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($124.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Memory: Kingston Value 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($23.99 @ Amazon Canada)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.50 @ Vuugo)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($204.99 @ NCIX)
    Case: BitFenix Merc Beta (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ NCIX)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($54.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.79 @ DirectCanada)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.99 @ NCIX)
    Total: $806.21
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-16 18:26 EDT-0400)
  15. May be better off going with a FX-6300 - cheaper and more than fast enough for most games.

    Better/cheaper PSU: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9
  16. RazerZ said:
    This built is a lot more powerful and is around the same price.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($154.99 @ Canada Computers)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($124.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Memory: Kingston Value 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($23.99 @ Amazon Canada)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.50 @ Vuugo)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($204.99 @ NCIX)
    Case: BitFenix Merc Beta (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ NCIX)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($54.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.79 @ DirectCanada)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.99 @ NCIX)
    Total: $806.21
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-16 18:26 EDT-0400)


    We dont exactly have enough to go over 740$ Thats kinda why im where i am...

    @Someone Somewhere, Isnt the I5 4430 still more powerfull then the amd? (I honestly don't like amd, Never really have.)

    Sorry if i seem like a pain in the A$$ but, I just like Intel, Should i go with a fx 8320? Wouldn't it be bottlenecked then by the GpU?
  17. Xyloriuphon said:
    RazerZ said:
    This built is a lot more powerful and is around the same price.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($154.99 @ Canada Computers)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($124.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Memory: Kingston Value 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($23.99 @ Amazon Canada)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.50 @ Vuugo)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($204.99 @ NCIX)
    Case: BitFenix Merc Beta (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ NCIX)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($54.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.79 @ DirectCanada)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.99 @ NCIX)
    Total: $806.21
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-16 18:26 EDT-0400)


    We dont exactly have enough to go over 740$ Thats kinda why im where i am...

    @Someone Somewhere, Isnt the I5 4430 still more powerfull then the amd? (I honestly don't like amd, Never really have.)

    Sorry if i seem like a pain in the A$$ but, I just like Intel, Should i go with a fx 8320? Wouldn't it be bottlenecked then by the GpU?



    Go with a FX 8320 if you want to overclock or do any type of editing ( video, photo, etc). Neither of the CPUs will bottle neck the GPU.
  18. Nothing wrong with AMD's chips, other than power. For gaming the FX-6300 is a great choice; few games now or in the near future will be held back, especially if OCed. Intel does get better at the high end though.

    Depends what you're going to do with it. AMD's chips can be OCed, but only the K-SKU Intel chips can and you need a more expensive MB.

    I'd suggest this:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.87 @ DirectCanada)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Memory: Kingston Value 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($23.99 @ Amazon Canada)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.50 @ Vuugo)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($204.99 @ NCIX)
    Case: BitFenix Merc Beta (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ NCIX)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($48.99 @ NCIX)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.79 @ DirectCanada)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.99 @ NCIX)
    Total: $710.09
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-18 06:50 EDT-0400)
  19. RazerZ said:
    Xyloriuphon said:
    RazerZ said:
    This built is a lot more powerful and is around the same price.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($154.99 @ Canada Computers)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($124.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Memory: Kingston Value 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($23.99 @ Amazon Canada)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.50 @ Vuugo)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($204.99 @ NCIX)
    Case: BitFenix Merc Beta (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ NCIX)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($54.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.79 @ DirectCanada)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.99 @ NCIX)
    Total: $806.21
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-16 18:26 EDT-0400)


    We dont exactly have enough to go over 740$ Thats kinda why im where i am...

    @Someone Somewhere, Isnt the I5 4430 still more powerfull then the amd? (I honestly don't like amd, Never really have.)

    Sorry if i seem like a pain in the A$$ but, I just like Intel, Should i go with a fx 8320? Wouldn't it be bottlenecked then by the GpU?



    Go with a FX 8320 if you want to overclock or do any type of editing ( video, photo, etc). Neither of the CPUs will bottle neck the GPU.


    Yeah where not doing any Video editing, Just gaming... Not anything high though, This is alot better then my i5 660 with a gt 620 (oc'd 630) (My system can play almost anything, just not well.)

    Thanks for the suggestions guys! I will take a look, I just am not that big with the amd's, Were not planning to overclock the cpu, Just the gpu,
Ask a new question

Read More

Bottleneck Cases RAM Systems Hard Drives