Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is my new Gaming PC compatible ? And is it good for gaming ?

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 15, 2013 9:22:42 AM

I'm planning to get a new gaming PC for Christmas and wanted to know if all the components are compatible and if the PC in general is good.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
GPU: Asus Gtx 770 2GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
PSU: Corsair CX500M
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Case fans: 4x Scythe Gentle Typhoon
Fan Controller : Scythe Kaze Master
Soundcard (not sure if its good): Asus Xonar DG 24-bit 96 KHz
a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
September 15, 2013 9:26:46 AM

Get better psu.
Corsair RM is good.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

WD black you do not need. You have SSD. Take seagate barracuda or WG blue.

Look cheap deals here. http://promotions.newegg.com/neemail/latest/index-landi...

And why are you building old 1155 build? Get new 1150 4670k http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i54670k + Gigabyte X-D3H but 87 chpiset. This mobo.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz87...

m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
September 15, 2013 9:35:54 AM

I agree with AXL get a Corsair RM 750 instead. The CX series is sort of low-end and 500 watts on that system would be close to it's limit.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
September 15, 2013 9:36:16 AM

I would suggest that you wont invest in a sound card if youre not planning on producing or creating anything with it but investing the money in better mobo or at least a newer chipset.
Ohh and yes get a better PSU at least 600W if youre planing on keeping this build for a while.
m
0
l
September 15, 2013 9:39:33 AM

wtalk2 said:
I agree with AXL get a Corsair RM 750 instead. The CX series is sort of low-end and 500 watts on that system would be close to it's limit.

hmm what about a Sea Sonic M12II-620Bronze ?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
September 15, 2013 9:40:57 AM

AxlFone said:
Get better psu.
Corsair RM is good.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

WD black you do not need. You have SSD. Take seagate barracuda or WG blue.

Look cheap deals here. http://promotions.newegg.com/neemail/latest/index-landi...


I don't think its worth taking the plunge for a RM series PSU. I say get a XFX 650W PSU whihc will still leave OCing headroom.
About HDD , I totally agree. I would prefer drooping SSD to 128GB 840 EVO and HDD to 1 TB WD Blue.
Cheap deals can be found on PCPartPicker.

If anyone's solution/answer/reply helps you , please select it as the solution/best answer for your thread/post.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
September 15, 2013 9:50:19 AM

I do think this guy do have all best parts in build. But he wants to save on PSU.
If you want some brnze psu get desent one. Like this.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-rbr1...
Then you can SLI with any card in market today.
No way Id put in my high end pc any cheap psu. It is last place where I do want to save.

And samsung evo 128GB is really slow. Better pick is pro or any bigger MLC chip SSD like sandisk ultra plus. That is cheap and fast enough.
Id suggest get 256GB
Share
September 15, 2013 9:57:04 AM

AxlFone said:
I do think this guy do have all best parts in build. But he wants to save on PSU.
If you want some brnze psu get desent one. Like this.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-rbr1...
Then you can SLI with any card in market today.
No way Id put in my high end pc any cheap psu. It is last place where I do want to save.

And samsung evo 128GB is really slow. Better pick is pro or any bigger MLC chip SSD like sandisk ultra plus. That is cheap and fast enough.
Id suggest get 256GB


It's not that i want to save its just i made a thread like this on another website and they said that 650-750 watts was too much so ya didn't know what else to choose. Atm the Sea Sonic M12II-620Bronze seems like a good choice.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
September 15, 2013 10:11:16 AM

AxlFone said:
I do think this guy do have all best parts in build. But he wants to save on PSU.
If you want some brnze psu get desent one. Like this.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-rbr1...
Then you can SLI with any card in market today.
No way Id put in my high end pc any cheap psu. It is last place where I do want to save.

And samsung evo 128GB is really slow. Better pick is pro or any bigger MLC chip SSD like sandisk ultra plus. That is cheap and fast enough.
Id suggest get 256GB


The 840 EVO is fast , and 75-90% 840 Pro most cases even though if not MLC. Sandisk Ultra Plus is MLC ?
The PSU said is cheap anyways. I mean , its got 4x12V rails meaning 250W per rail which might be troublesome in most cases. I would recommend this XFX ProSeries 850W which is cheaper , better and durable than your Rosewill PSU and will easily power up dual 780s and OCed i5 with average stuff.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
September 15, 2013 10:17:18 AM

Quote:
It's not that i want to save its just i made a thread like this on another website and they said that 650-750 watts was too much so ya didn't know what else to choose. Atm the Sea Sonic M12II-620Bronze seems like a good choice.

Sure It is notworst psu in market :)  But if you have time to look good deals then Rosewill is good choice. 650w capstone is awesome psu.
Now 750w non modular was cheaper than 650w
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-caps...

Price go up so fast in a week that is hard to tell what is good buy in nextweek :) 
Hope you get good build :)  and good luck with building it :)  lol
m
0
l
!