Solved

Whats the difference between 7950 and 7970?

I don't know what the difference is besides the price. I will be gaming with ARMA 3 and BF4. Which one should I get?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about whats difference 7950 7970
  1. The HD 7970 has more cores... That's really the main difference.
  2. Best answer
    Vincent Politan said:
    I don't know what the difference is besides the price. I will be gaming with ARMA 3 and BF4. Which one should I get?


    The difference is in the GPU. They both have the same amount of GDDR5 memory and the same memory bus, but the 7970 has 2048 cores whereas the 7950 has 1792. This gives the 7970 a pretty decent edge in terms of performance over the 7950. I would recommend the 7970, you can get them for very cheap right now as well (~$300).
  3. Drew010 said:
    Vincent Politan said:
    I don't know what the difference is besides the price. I will be gaming with ARMA 3 and BF4. Which one should I get?


    The difference is in the GPU. They both have the same amount of GDDR5 memory and the same memory bus, but the 7970 has 2048 cores whereas the 7950 has 1792. This gives the 7970 a pretty decent edge in terms of performance over the 7950. I would recommend the 7970, you can get them for very cheap right now as well (~$300).


    This is my build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ukLK I just don't think I will be able to build it. When I go to build it on cyber pc it charges me 250$ to upgrade from 7950 to 7970. Can you build one on a website for me or give me the name of a website where I can have a similar build for around 1200$?
  4. Vincent Politan said:
    Drew010 said:
    Vincent Politan said:
    I don't know what the difference is besides the price. I will be gaming with ARMA 3 and BF4. Which one should I get?


    The difference is in the GPU. They both have the same amount of GDDR5 memory and the same memory bus, but the 7970 has 2048 cores whereas the 7950 has 1792. This gives the 7970 a pretty decent edge in terms of performance over the 7950. I would recommend the 7970, you can get them for very cheap right now as well (~$300).


    This is my build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ukLK I just don't think I will be able to build it. When I go to build it on cyber pc it charges me 250$ to upgrade from 7950 to 7970. Can you build one on a website for me or give me the name of a website where I can have a similar build for around 1200$?


    Why don't you just build it yourself? Are you scared that you'll mess it up, or are you just willing to pay someone else to do it for you?
  5. Drew010 said:
    Vincent Politan said:
    Drew010 said:
    Vincent Politan said:
    I don't know what the difference is besides the price. I will be gaming with ARMA 3 and BF4. Which one should I get?


    The difference is in the GPU. They both have the same amount of GDDR5 memory and the same memory bus, but the 7970 has 2048 cores whereas the 7950 has 1792. This gives the 7970 a pretty decent edge in terms of performance over the 7950. I would recommend the 7970, you can get them for very cheap right now as well (~$300).


    This is my build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ukLK I just don't think I will be able to build it. When I go to build it on cyber pc it charges me 250$ to upgrade from 7950 to 7970. Can you build one on a website for me or give me the name of a website where I can have a similar build for around 1200$?


    Why don't you just build it yourself? Are you scared that you'll mess it up, or are you just willing to pay someone else to do it for you?


    I am scared to mess it up, are there any places that will do it that isn't way overpriced. I just don't want to break anything and end up having to buy a new one, when I could just get it built for the same amount.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Graphics Cards Components GPUs