Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

athlon 2 x4 vs pentium g3220 for gaming rig ?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
September 17, 2013 12:22:13 AM

i want to ask if the Athlon 2 x4 is good to play some new games on medium settings? and if yes what video card (gpu) i can buy in order to not bottleneck ? i want to build a low budget gaming pc. i dont know if i will build this month or after 4 months. i have 2 builds in my plan to show you
i live in europe and the prices is on euros:
INTEL
cpu: intel g3220 ( 60,90)
gpu:gigabyte geforce 550 ti (139)
mobo:Gigabyte H81M-DS2(59,90)
psu:CORSAIR vs sereis 450 watt(40,69)
ram:p atriot 4 gb 2x2 dual channel 1333mhz (47,42)
TOTAL (347,91)

AMD
cpu:amd athlon 2 x4 750k(75)
gpu:asus 6670(92,25)
mobo:ASUS F2A55-M LK2 (59,50) or ASUS A85XM-A(72,90)
psu:CORSAIR vs series 450 watt(47,42)
ram:CORSAIR XMS 3 4GB 2X2 DUAL CHANNEL 1600MHZ(44,05)
TOTAL with asus F2A55-M LK2 (318,22)
TOTAL with asus A85XM-A(331,22)
which one is better?if you have some other build write it






More about : athlon pentium g3220 gaming rig

a b à CPUs
September 17, 2013 12:56:32 AM

It's hard to find side by side reviews, but in general, the Pentium has almost 30% better single threaded performance and about half the power consumption, whilst the 750K has about 10% better multi-threaded performance:-
http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/28/AMD_Athlon_X4_750K_...

For a budget gaming rig, to be honest, I'd stretch to at least a 7750 as a baseline rather than a 6670.
Score
0
September 17, 2013 1:24:25 AM

BSim500 said:
It's hard to find side by side reviews, but in general, the Pentium has almost 30% better single threaded performance and about half the power consumption, whilst the 750K has about 10% better multi-threaded performance:-
http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/28/AMD_Athlon_X4_750K_...

For a budget gaming rig, to be honest, I'd stretch to at least a 7750 as a baseline rather than a 6670.


it will bottleneck with my cpu
Score
0
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
September 17, 2013 1:35:28 AM

If you really have that low of a budget just get a apu, an apu is basically a athlon with dedicated graphics you can get a quad core richland apu for about 150 bucks which you can overclock and then just get a micro atx motherboard
Score
0
September 17, 2013 2:21:53 AM



actually i have searched for amd apu they have good graphics but not so good to play battlefield 4 and gta v and other games in the future .I am not so low budget but i want to balance my pc components, so i cant get athlon or pentium g3230 with gtx 780 the graphic card will not perform as well as in i5 3330 this what i am talking about bottleneck if you want more about see this video which will explain you everything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGdo75gasaQ
Anyway i am thinking for not so high end graphic card for athlon so i think is better to take the 6670 the 7750 is my maximum for this budget
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 17, 2013 2:33:19 AM

If it's any help, I had an i3-530 OC'd to 3.9GHz that was roughly the same speed as a modern 3.1-3.2GHz Haswell i3, which with 2 cores or fewer is probably on par with a 3.3GHz Haswell Pentium G3430. Originally I had a 6670 with it, but upgraded to a 5770 (bought 2nd hand and roughly on par with a 7750) and ran it at 1920x1080 with AA on. It didn't bottleneck many GPU limited games, in fact the balance was just about perfect in games like Bioshock Infinite, (eg, 60fps on 7750 vs 35-40fps on 6670 (both "Medium" quality preset)), etc.

Battlefield 4 SP will be like Battlefield 3 SP - you can probably get away with a dual-core single-player, but the large multi-player maps will soak up at least 4 cores. Have you thought about a better CPU (eg, Haswell i3 or i5-3350P / i5-3470) and then bargain hunting for a 2nd hand 5770/6770 GPU on Ebay? Some were going dirt cheap recently. Just a thought.
Score
0
September 17, 2013 3:15:09 AM

BSim500 said:
If it's any help, I had an i3-530 OC'd to 3.9GHz that was roughly the same speed as a modern 3.1-3.2GHz Haswell i3, which with 2 cores or fewer is probably on par with a 3.3GHz Haswell Pentium G3430. Originally I had a 6670 with it, but upgraded to a 5770 (bought 2nd hand and roughly on par with a 7750) and ran it at 1920x1080 with AA on. It didn't bottleneck many GPU limited games, in fact the balance was just about perfect in games like Bioshock Infinite, (eg, 60fps on 7750 vs 35-40fps on 6670 (both "Medium" quality preset)), etc.

Battlefield 4 SP will be like Battlefield 3 SP - you can probably get away with a dual-core single-player, but the large multi-player maps will soak up at least 4 cores. Have you thought about a better CPU (eg, Haswell i3 or i5-3350P / i5-3470) and then bargain hunting for a 2nd hand 5770/6770 GPU on Ebay? Some were going dirt cheap recently. Just a thought.


i thought for i5 2500 senond generation but it was over 200 us dollars on ebay and amazon.
thanks for your answer but my question is for amd athlon 2 x4 750k vs intel pentium g3220

Score
0
a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
September 17, 2013 3:29:13 AM

if you just want a straight up answer and not recommendations just go for the amd you will have 4 cores which will give you far better performance for anything running the frostbite engine and the 6770 would not be to bad but if you can I would just get the 550 ti it will have better performance than the 6670 my friend had one he didn't like it so I sold him my old htpc video card which was the 550 ti and he got a 20-25% difference in fps when he players first person shooters
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 17, 2013 3:48:16 AM

Go for the Athlon x4 CPU and a better GPU, a Radeon HD 7770 will run most games at high settings.
Score
0

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
September 17, 2013 12:22:10 PM

I would go for Haswell Pentium+7750(don't get 550ti).The extra cores of Athlon are good to have but most games still use only 2 cores so pentium will give more performance.That and the fact that you can get a better gpu with pentium compared to Athlon seals the deal in the favour of Pentium.
Share
September 18, 2013 10:19:03 AM

mohit9206 said:
I would go for Haswell Pentium+7750(don't get 550ti).The extra cores of Athlon are good to have but most games still use only 2 cores so pentium will give more performance.That and the fact that you can get a better gpu with pentium compared to Athlon seals the deal in the favour of Pentium.


i will go with intel pentium 3420 it support 1600mhz ram speed something that g3220 dont have and 7770 ghz edition maybe and in the future i will get i5 4th generation
Score
0
!