Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

100% cpu usage warnings

Last response: in CPUs
Share
September 17, 2013 9:02:53 AM

I have an i7-860 @ 2.8. When i play certain games or do certain tasks a message from norton pops up saying warning, high cpu usage. It hapens when i play

More about : 100 cpu usage warnings

Best solution

a b à CPUs
September 17, 2013 9:06:34 AM

Get rid of Norton and download Anti-Malwarebytes. It's free, or a $25 lifetime license.
Share
September 17, 2013 9:07:35 AM

Uninstall Norton, problem solved.

In all seriousness though, what sort of "tasks" does Norton flag up during? I suppose these days even an 860 will get maxxed now and again.

There's also a "silent mode" within Norton, I believe you can activate it by right clicking the icon in the bottom right task bar, so I'd suggest when playing games to turn silent mode on, and then when you want notifying of stuffs, turn it back on.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 179 à CPUs
September 17, 2013 9:08:45 AM

Mikeykeyz said:
I have an i7-860 @ 2.8. When i play certain games or do certain tasks a message from norton pops up saying warning, high cpu usage. It hapens when i play


Most of that CPU usage is probably coming from Norton itself. It's useless
m
0
l
a c 220 à CPUs
September 17, 2013 9:13:10 AM

John Bauer said:
Get rid of Norton and download Anti-Malwarebytes. It's free, or a $25 lifetime license.


Malwarebytes is NOT an anti-virus.
Good free option is Avast.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
September 17, 2013 9:19:40 AM

Novuake said:
John Bauer said:
Get rid of Norton and download Anti-Malwarebytes. It's free, or a $25 lifetime license.


Malwarebytes is NOT an anti-virus.
Good free option is Avast.


You're right, it's not good to run by itself. I personally run Webroot and Anti-malware bytes.
m
0
l
!