Sign in with
Your question
Solved

7850 system requirements

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 17, 2013 10:15:51 AM

the system configuration of sapphire 7850 is as below:
PCI Express Based PC is Required with One X16 Lane Graphics Slot, 2 x 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express Power Connector, 1024 MB Minimum of System Memory, Installation Software Requires CD-ROM Drive, DVD playback Requires DVD Drive, Blu-ray/ HD DVD Playback Requires Blu-ray/ HD DVD Drive, For An AMD CrossFireX System, a Second Same AMD Radeon Graphics Card, An AMD CrossFireX Ready Motherboard and One AMD CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect Cable per Graphics Card (Optional) are Required

i dint understand the whole thing except tht it requires a gig of ram
please help me understand this... thank you

Best solution

September 17, 2013 10:40:17 AM

Okay, you need a 2.0 or 3.0 x16 PCI express slot, (long ones on the MB, the MB info will tell you) Your PSU must provide 75W of power in a PCI express Power cable, which are the powercables for the GPU, if your PSU has 6+2 pin It'ss work if you pull two away, Yes, 1gb RAM, The thing with DVD drives is Games and Music cd:s you wan't to play and the drive for the unit itself, and finally The CrossfireX These are if you want to use two GPUs (only 2 7850s will work, if you have space, enough PSU) connected together.

Hope I covered it all, and hope it helps!
September 17, 2013 10:44:29 AM

DireMe said:
Okay, you need a 2.0 or 3.0 x16 PCI express slot, (long ones on the MB, the MB info will tell you) Your PSU must provide 75W of power in a PCI express Power cable, which are the powercables for the GPU, if your PSU has 6+2 pin It'ss work if you pull two away, Yes, 1gb RAM, The thing with DVD drives is Games and Music cd:s you wan't to play and the drive for the unit itself, and finally The CrossfireX These are if you want to use two GPUs (only 2 7850s will work, if you have space, enough PSU) connected together.

Hope I covered it all, and hope it helps!

got it thanks! :) 
m
l
September 17, 2013 10:47:09 AM

No worries!
m
l
!