Solved

Can TP-LINK TD-W8951ND 150Mbps Wireless N ADSL2 Modem Router Work With Fiber Optic Of GTPL Internet Broadband?

Hello, Everyone.
I Am Using BSNL Internet Broadband (Landline ADSL). I Have TP-LINK TD-W8951ND 150Mbps Wireless N ADSL2 Modem Router. And This Router Works Great, I Have No Problem At All. But I Am Not Satisfied With BSNL, That's Why I Am Changing BSNL Internet Broadband To GTPL Internet Broadband (Fibre Optic). So My Question Is Can My TP-LINK TD-W8951ND 150Mbps Wireless N ADSL2 Modem Router Will Work With Fibre Optic Of GTPL Internet Broadband??? Or I Have To Buy Another WIFI Router Which Comfortable With Fiber Optic Of GTPL Internet Broadband??
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about link w8951nd 150mbps wireless adsl2 modem router work fiber optic gtpl internet broadband
  1. Best answer
    mindmoneySucceSS said:
    Hello, Everyone.
    I Am Using BSNL Internet Broadband (Landline ADSL). I Have TP-LINK TD-W8951ND 150Mbps Wireless N ADSL2 Modem Router. And This Router Works Great, I Have No Problem At All. But I Am Not Satisfied With BSNL, That's Why I Am Changing BSNL Internet Broadband To GTPL Internet Broadband (Fibre Optic). So My Question Is Can My TP-LINK TD-W8951ND 150Mbps Wireless N ADSL2 Modem Router Will Work With Fibre Optic Of GTPL Internet Broadband??? Or I Have To Buy Another WIFI Router Which Comfortable With Fiber Optic Of GTPL Internet Broadband??


    An ADSL modem/router will not work with a non-ADSL system, be it cable or fiber. Just like a cable modem will not work with ADSL, or a fiber modem cannot connect to cable broadband.
    After the Modem.....all routers should work. The different modems do the translation from whatever system they use (cable/ADSL/fiber) to regular ethernet.
    But no, you cannot use your existing modem/router combination with another system.
  2. You can probably use just the router portion of the modem/router, but that would depend on what settings you can disable internally. You will still need to get a modem for the fiber service, however. As USAFret mentioned, they are not compatible.
  3. StormNexus said:
    You can probably use just the router portion of the modem/router, but that would depend on what settings you can disable internally. You will still need to get a modem for the fiber service, however. As USAFret mentioned, they are not compatible.


    I would think probably you cannot use just the router portion. Where would it get its input from? A standalone router has a WAN port, to receive the signal from the standalone modem. On a modem/router combo, that interface is all on the inside. There probably would not be a visible WAN port.

    I'd have to look at it to see, though.
  4. You can use the router portion by putting it in bridge mode and then disabling the DHCP.
  5. So did it work ? Curious to know, since I too have the same modem/router.
  6. USAFRet said:
    mindmoneySucceSS said:
    Hello, Everyone.
    I Am Using BSNL Internet Broadband (Landline ADSL). I Have TP-LINK TD-W8951ND 150Mbps Wireless N ADSL2 Modem Router. And This Router Works Great, I Have No Problem At All. But I Am Not Satisfied With BSNL, That's Why I Am Changing BSNL Internet Broadband To GTPL Internet Broadband (Fibre Optic). So My Question Is Can My TP-LINK TD-W8951ND 150Mbps Wireless N ADSL2 Modem Router Will Work With Fibre Optic Of GTPL Internet Broadband??? Or I Have To Buy Another WIFI Router Which Comfortable With Fiber Optic Of GTPL Internet Broadband??


    An ADSL modem/router will not work with a non-ADSL system, be it cable or fiber. Just like a cable modem will not work with ADSL, or a fiber modem cannot connect to cable broadband.
    After the Modem.....all routers should work. The different modems do the translation from whatever system they use (cable/ADSL/fiber) to regular ethernet.
    But no, you cannot use your existing modem/router combination with another system.


    Hello I am in same situatin.I want to ask you that if I use same model with GTPL's Default modem which they are providing i have register my mac adderess of router to GTPL and their executive also tele mac address which was correct. But i am facing problem DNS Server is not responding.I also set in IPV4 DNS
    my router's MAC address but no effect. help to solve this problem thanks..
  7. alerttech said:
    You can use the router portion by putting it in bridge mode and then disabling the DHCP.


    Hey. I have a similar modem+router To link WD 8961nd ..even I have switched to a cable network now.. Can you please elaborate the steps..

    Thanks in advance..:)
Ask a new question

Read More

Broadband Routers WiFi and Home Networking Wireless Network TP-Link Internet