Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Switch from NVIDIA dedicated GPU to integrated intel GPU

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 18, 2013 10:24:46 AM

In my rig, I currently have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 graphics card and an intel i7-3770k with onboard graphics. I would like to know if it is possible to easily switch from using the NVIDIA gpu to the intel gpu. The reason why I want to do this is because I want to do some video conversion and the ivy bridge i7 has quick sync so conversion will be significantly faster. Thanks!

More about : switch nvidia dedicated gpu integrated intel gpu

September 18, 2013 10:29:04 AM

Typically this would only be possible if you disconnect your 760
m
0
l

Best solution

September 18, 2013 10:29:53 AM

The BIOS or the nVidia drivers should have the option to switch between the GPU's depending on the load.
Share
Related resources
September 18, 2013 10:34:25 AM

MysteryINC said:
The BIOS or the nVidia drivers should have the option to switch between the GPU's depending on the load.


This.
m
0
l
September 18, 2013 10:46:29 AM

Sure if your bios has that option (auto gpu select or something). You also might be able to try device manager. But you still might have to physically remove the card, if all else fails.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
September 18, 2013 10:53:35 AM

plug the monitor cable to motherboard instead of 760
m
0
l
September 18, 2013 11:13:12 AM

Raheel Hasan said:
plug the monitor cable to motherboard instead of 760


I tried this, it did not work
m
0
l
September 18, 2013 11:14:37 AM

MysteryINC said:
The BIOS or the nVidia drivers should have the option to switch between the GPU's depending on the load.


Thanks for your help. I want to avoid messing with the BIOS if I can avoid it. You mentioned that it would be possible to go into the NVIDIA drivers to change it. How would I go about doing that? Could I just disable the NVIDIA drivers?
m
0
l
September 18, 2013 11:16:32 AM

Normans54 said:

Thanks for your help. I want to avoid messing with the BIOS if I can avoid it. You mentioned that it would be possible to go into the NVIDIA drivers to change it. How would I go about doing that? Could I just disable the NVIDIA drivers?


I've never seen this option before, so I'm skeptical. Maybe MysteryInc can enlighten...
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
September 18, 2013 11:18:48 AM

If system is Optimus compatible, you can use the nVidia Control Panel to decide what game/application uses what GPU.
m
0
l
September 18, 2013 11:27:49 AM

das_stig said:
If system is Optimus compatible, you can use the nVidia Control Panel to decide what game/application uses what GPU.


How can I find out if my system is optimus compatible?
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
September 19, 2013 11:56:39 AM

What motherboard you running ?
m
0
l
!