Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Razer kraken pro mic picking up everything in the headset

Last response: in Components
Share
September 18, 2013 1:21:08 PM

My new Razer Kraken Pro headset mic is sending everything i do on the computer to the ones im takling to on teamspeak or skype. If i play a song on iTunes or is in game or on YouTube the one im takling to can hear everything, and me very low. I have an Asus g55vw. Any tips would be helpful!
September 18, 2013 1:52:55 PM

Doing some quick research (ie i googled it) and this seems to be a common problem.

Here. This is straight from the Razer website.
m
0
l
September 18, 2013 1:53:53 PM

I just don`t get it.

There are only two ways that would happen.
First of all in windows the headset should be setup as a default communications device.

If someone can here what music you are playing it means you are running a set of speakers playing music ect.
At the same time.

If you are and your intention is to hear Teamspeak chat, and in game sounds, or playing music. Without them hearing it.
Then set the device from default communication device to default device in windows.

In windows 7 right click on the speaker icon next to the time.
Select playback devices.
Right click on headphones, set as default device.
m
0
l
Related resources
September 18, 2013 2:20:42 PM

Shaun o said:
I just don`t get it.

There are only two ways that would happen.
First of all in windows the headset should be setup as a default communications device.

If someone can here what music you are playing it means you are running a set of speakers playing music ect.
At the same time.

If you are and your intention is to hear Teamspeak chat, and in game sounds, or playing music. Without them hearing it.
Then set the device from default communication device to default device in windows.

In windows 7 right click on the speaker icon next to the time.
Select playback devices.
Right click on headphones, set as default device.


Sorry. But i can't seem to find the headset icon yuo're talking about. And i'm not having any other speakers on either. it's only the headset that is on, and of some strange reason the microphone picks up everything i do on the computer..
m
0
l
September 18, 2013 2:22:42 PM

John Bauer said:
Doing some quick research (ie i googled it) and this seems to be a common problem.

Here. This is straight from the Razer website.


i've too checked all over razer and it doesn't really say much about my problem..
m
0
l
September 18, 2013 2:31:24 PM

kjetta95 said:
John Bauer said:
Doing some quick research (ie i googled it) and this seems to be a common problem.

Here. This is straight from the Razer website.


i've too checked all over razer and it doesn't really say much about my problem..


This is off of the website:

The microphone is overly sensitive and picks up sounds other than my voice. How can I fix this?
Here are a few suggestions that may help: Be sure the microphone is fully extended when in use. If you try to use the mic in the stored position you will pick up sounds from your speakers.
Ensure ""Listen to this device"" is not selected under Control Panel >Sound > Recording > Properties > Listen
Check your sensitivity levels are not set to max or boosted too much. Control Panel >Sound > Recording > Properties > Levels
Insure that only one voice chat application is in use while in-game
Check that you are configured to use the proper microphone. Control Panel >Sound > Recording > Select proper Microphone > Set Default Device/Communications Device

"Insure your computer supports the combined audio jack, if not use the included splitter."

What about this?
m
0
l
September 18, 2013 2:54:17 PM

John Bauer said:
kjetta95 said:
John Bauer said:
Doing some quick research (ie i googled it) and this seems to be a common problem.

Here. This is straight from the Razer website.


i've too checked all over razer and it doesn't really say much about my problem..


This is off of the website:

The microphone is overly sensitive and picks up sounds other than my voice. How can I fix this?
Here are a few suggestions that may help: Be sure the microphone is fully extended when in use. If you try to use the mic in the stored position you will pick up sounds from your speakers.
Ensure ""Listen to this device"" is not selected under Control Panel >Sound > Recording > Properties > Listen
Check your sensitivity levels are not set to max or boosted too much. Control Panel >Sound > Recording > Properties > Levels
Insure that only one voice chat application is in use while in-game
Check that you are configured to use the proper microphone. Control Panel >Sound > Recording > Select proper Microphone > Set Default Device/Communications Device

"Insure your computer supports the combined audio jack, if not use the included splitter."

What about this?


Yeah. I went trough this one too a couple days ago because it was closest to my problem, but it didn't help either:( 
m
0
l
September 19, 2013 3:54:49 AM

Hold on, that means the mic is in the line in port.
Not in the mic port.of the back of the computer if plugged in there.

If you do not get Default communications device in playback devices.
But line in is activated.

You plugged the mic into the wrong port.



m
0
l
September 19, 2013 5:56:03 AM

Shaun o said:
Hold on, that means the mic is in the line in port.
Not in the mic port.of the back of the computer if plugged in there.

If you do not get Default communications device in playback devices.
But line in is activated.

You plugged the mic into the wrong port.





I have a laptop Asus g55vw..
m
0
l
December 1, 2013 7:57:35 PM

I have been experiencing the exact same problem since I bought my new gaming headset. The mic is really quiet so I had to turn the boost up to 30db, which caused a little static and made the microphone too sensitive to ambient noise. Like you if I played music whilst in a voice chat my friends could hear me and it would cause a bad echo; they could also hear their own voices being picked up through my mic.

After doing some recording tests with music playing I finally figured it out, and now I know why I had no issue with my old USB headset. I had the jacks plugged into the front of my computer for ease of use and since I've got my surround speakers plugged in the back (5.1 channel). Once I unplugged those and connected my headset jacks (speakers and mic) at the rear of my PC I got no static and my music stopped being picked up through my mic.

It's a pain I can't have my speakers and headset plugged in at the same time, but it's works now so that's good. Hope that helps because I've seen this problem all over the internet and have been unable to find a solution outside of the obvious changes and alterations to sound settings in Windows and through my sound card manager.
m
0
l
!