Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Graphics Card fans spinning at max but no video

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 19, 2013 5:13:45 AM

I recently assembled a new build, specs:
Intel core i7 4770K
Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP
G.Skill 2 x 4 GB Ram 2133 MHz
Corsair CX750M PSU
Gigabyte GTX6702GB-OC

now assembled the build before buying the gpu and it worked perfectly on the integrated graphics, however when i bought the gpu and connected it to the PCIe X16 slot on my mobo and connected the 6 pin cord and the 6+2 pin cord the card spins at max but no video.

Troubleshooting i have gone through:

Disabled integrated graphics in BIOS and set to PCIe slot 1 in mobo, card fans still on max and pc gives 3 beeps not normal one start up beep, cant even get to BIOS, had to reset BIOS and re-enable integrated graphics.
Side note: GPU came without 6 pin and 8 pin to Molex adapter
-Used another PSU power cord and still nothing
-Tried using my other GPU( Sapphire 6950) from another build worked perfectly
-Tried connecting gtx670 to another build , same results
Any suggestions ?
a b U Graphics card
September 19, 2013 5:27:37 AM

You may think this is a stupid question, but you would be surprised how many people make this mistake.. Is the video cable connected to the GPU instead of the motherboard?
m
0
l
September 19, 2013 5:46:52 AM

DiaSin said:
You may think this is a stupid question, but you would be surprised how many people make this mistake.. Is the video cable connected to the GPU instead of the motherboard?

http://imgur.com/j9TOwVd
Yeah i tried to connect via hdmi and tried dvi
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 19, 2013 6:05:20 AM

When you say "Tried connecting gtx670 to another build , same results
Any suggestions ?" do you mean that the GTX 670 worked in the other build or did not work in the other build? If it did not work then RMA the card.

Also check your motherboard manual as to what the 3 beeps mean as each board have there own beep codes while some are standard not all are. Best guess would be Video Hardware failure.
m
0
l
September 19, 2013 6:22:40 AM

bryonhowley said:
When you say "Tried connecting gtx670 to another build , same results
Any suggestions ?" do you mean that the GTX 670 worked in the other build or did not work in the other build? If it did not work then RMA the card.

Also check your motherboard manual as to what the 3 beeps mean as each board have there own beep codes while some are standard not all are. Best guess would be Video Hardware failure.


It didnt work on another build, my mobi manual only states that one single short beep will be heard if no problem is detected on start up
m
0
l
January 4, 2014 1:27:39 PM

Hi, did you find a solution to this problem? I´m having a similar problem, which I haven´t managed to fix.

m
0
l
January 4, 2014 1:33:29 PM

someNew said:
Hi, did you find a solution to this problem? I´m having a similar problem, which I haven´t managed to fix.



RMA'ed the card, was DOA.
m
0
l
January 4, 2014 1:52:49 PM

Thanks for the response. I´ll do the same.
m
0
l
!