Help me identify this cable!

What is this cable (see link for pic)? One end is a standard 1/8inch speaker jack, and the other end looks like a wireless transmitter/receiver. Also, the other side of the 'wireless' end has a 3M adhesive sticker on it.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about identify cable
  1. Could be bluetooth. No inscriptions on it, huh?
  2. Someone on the forum suggested that it is an infrared transmitter cable, and I think that may be right. I remember buying a TV tuner card 10 years ago with an infrared remote. My guess is it goes to that. Thanks for the thoughts!
  3. Best answer
    It looks like an infrared receiver to me.

    IR Blaster for communicating with the remote control.
  4. And mystery solved: This was part of the Hauppage TV tuner I bought years ago. The cable was indeed part of the IR signal relay for the remote control:
Ask a new question

Read More

Cable Components