Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

My first build, will it work?

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 20, 2013 6:02:43 AM

I've have seem to come to a conclusion on my first build. A build for some gaming at max settings and video editing possibly.

Case : Corsair Obsidian 650d
PSU: corsair 750w
CPU: i5 4670k
Mobo: ASrock extreme9/ac z87 chipset
Gpu: gigabyte gtx 760 4gb
Ram: corsair vengeance 8gb (2x4gb)
Heatsink: corsair h100i
Storage: 1tb hdd sata and 128gb ssd sata3
Drive: asus blu ray drive
Monitors: dual asus 21.5" up to 1920x1080

I want to get into overclocking, so maybe that factors in the build.

Is my PSU powerful enough? Will I be happy with my build?

More about : build work

Best solution

September 20, 2013 6:19:09 AM

The psu should be more than enough, and your other choices look good. I hope you're not planning to stretch your games across both monitors, though - that would put the bezel gap right in the middle.
Share
September 20, 2013 9:56:44 AM

MauveCloud said:
The psu should be more than enough, and your other choices look good. I hope you're not planning to stretch your games across both monitors, though - that would put the bezel gap right in the middle.


what is bezel?
m
0
l
Related resources
September 20, 2013 9:59:53 AM

Cyler12 said:
MauveCloud said:
The psu should be more than enough, and your other choices look good. I hope you're not planning to stretch your games across both monitors, though - that would put the bezel gap right in the middle.


what is bezel?


The edge of the monitor. You cant really play across 2 monitors as you will be looking right at the crack between them. You need ODD numbers of monitors.
m
0
l
September 20, 2013 10:05:29 AM

tiny voices said:
Cyler12 said:
MauveCloud said:
The psu should be more than enough, and your other choices look good. I hope you're not planning to stretch your games across both monitors, though - that would put the bezel gap right in the middle.


what is bezel?


The edge of the monitor. You cant really play across 2 monitors as you will be looking right at the crack between them. You need ODD numbers of monitors.

Makes sense, thank you didn't know the lingo. Might invest in a third monitor later but for now I plan to game on one
m
0
l
September 20, 2013 3:49:18 PM

If I wanted to add another Gigabyte GTX 760 4gb, why would I want to do that and could my power supply handle it?
m
0
l
!