fx-4130 vs i3 2120 for future gaming

-i have an HD7770 vapor x @1280x720
-i don't know anything about overclocking the cpu, so is it safer\better with one of them ?
-i'm just looking for a better future gaming option like watch dogs, bf4 and specially the witcher 3, and won't be playing any multiplayer online games.
-if it's possible please provide me with some gaming benchmarks :)
12 answers Last reply
More about 4130 2120 future gaming
  1. What is your budget? The FX6300 would be your best buy.
  2. josecc said:
    What is your budget? The FX6300 would be your best buy.

    i'm on a tight budget and can't get the fx-6300, but fx-6100 might be a possible choice if there is a huge difference and it's really worth it
  3. It is worth the difference in price. (its less than 10 dollars)
  4. The 6300 also overclocks to 4.0 easily with no extra voltage needed.
  5. josecc said:
    It is worth the difference in price. (its less than 10 dollars)


    the prices in my country are really insane and the fx-6300 is not an option.
    i can only get one of those FX-4130 or FX-6100 if you say it's really worth the extra money
  6. Avoid those. Can you get the intel i3 at a reasonable price? That would be a better buy. i3 2120 http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1gM4p
  7. josecc said:
    Avoid those. Can you get the intel i3 at a reasonable price? That would be a better buy. i3 2120 http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1gM4p

    the i3 2120 will be just a little bit cheaper because i found a cheaper mother board for it.
    so i should go with the i3 2120 rather than the FX-4100\4130 ?
  8. Yes the i3 will be better that those others.
  9. hussien el attar said:
    josecc said:
    Avoid those. Can you get the intel i3 at a reasonable price? That would be a better buy. i3 2120 http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1gM4p

    the i3 2120 will be just a little bit cheaper because i found a cheaper mother board for it.
    so i should go with the i3 2120 rather than the FX-4100\4130 ?


    What about a FX 4300 or 4350? Can you get one of those? That would be worth it.
  10. 8350rocks said:
    hussien el attar said:
    josecc said:
    Avoid those. Can you get the intel i3 at a reasonable price? That would be a better buy. i3 2120 http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1gM4p

    the i3 2120 will be just a little bit cheaper because i found a cheaper mother board for it.
    so i should go with the i3 2120 rather than the FX-4100\4130 ?


    What about a FX 4300 or 4350? Can you get one of those? That would be worth it.

    i think it's not available in my area but i'll try to find it.

    if i overclocked fx-4130 at a reasonable\safe clock speed would it beat the i3-2120 ?
    but i have no experience in overclocking so is it easy\safe to do it ?
  11. hussien el attar said:
    8350rocks said:
    hussien el attar said:
    josecc said:
    Avoid those. Can you get the intel i3 at a reasonable price? That would be a better buy. i3 2120 http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1gM4p

    the i3 2120 will be just a little bit cheaper because i found a cheaper mother board for it.
    so i should go with the i3 2120 rather than the FX-4100\4130 ?


    What about a FX 4300 or 4350? Can you get one of those? That would be worth it.

    i think it's not available in my area but i'll try to find it.

    if i overclocked fx-4130 at a reasonable\safe clock speed would it beat the i3-2120 ?
    but i have no experience in overclocking so is it easy\safe to do it ?


    It's not too hard, there are even some motherboards like the Asus M5A97 R2.0 that have a tuning feature that allows the software to setup a mild overclock for you.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Option CPUs