Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best 120/144Hz 24" monitor for the buck! 300$ budget!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 21, 2013 2:08:31 PM

So the title says it all, I need a 120 or 144 Hz screen for my gaming build : http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Moustafaelsawy/saved/1Rmg.

I will be ordering it via a friend in the US (so all US websites can be used) and have him bring it when he comes visits me. (Dubai) So the purchase date is about mid December.

Do you think I should get a 120Hz for my build, or I should just go for the 144Hz? It will be used mainly for gaming and some normal use.

Should I repost this thread at the start of december (perhaps new models come out?) or again there wont be any difference?

Thanks, your opinions are appreciated.
Related resources
a b C Monitor
September 21, 2013 2:29:17 PM

FED ex is probably more expensive than UPS, but I'm no expert on shipping methods. Yes it supports 3D but only with a NVidia graphics card.
m
l
September 22, 2013 9:49:12 AM

swilczak said:
FED ex is probably more expensive than UPS, but I'm no expert on shipping methods. Yes it supports 3D but only with a NVidia graphics card.

Is there a version of that with a built in camera? Just wondering before I put my order!

m
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 133 C Monitor
September 22, 2013 10:32:08 AM

swilczak said:

To add to the 3D support, it requires you to buy the Nvidia 3D Vision 2 kit to work with 3D. It does not have a built in emitter and doesn't come with glasses.
m
l
September 22, 2013 10:48:56 AM

bystander said:
swilczak said:

To add to the 3D support, it requires you to buy the Nvidia 3D Vision 2 kit to work with 3D. It does not have a built in emitter and doesn't come with glasses.

Yeah dont think ill be buying that, is there another screen that comes with a built-in camera?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 133 C Monitor
September 22, 2013 11:16:55 AM

Moustafa_Elsawy said:
bystander said:
swilczak said:

Yeah dont think ill be buying that, is there another screen that comes with a built-in camera?

I don't know of any monitors that have built in cameras. That is a laptop thing, and you can buy webcams separately, or are you meaning to say built in emitter?
m
l

Best solution

a b C Monitor
September 22, 2013 11:21:47 AM

The only monitor I've ever seen with a built in camera was an Apple monitor that was around $1000. You can buy a pretty good camera separately for $20.
!