Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

New to building computers need advise.

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 22, 2013 1:43:59 AM

Hello, I currently running a AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad_Core proccesor 3.60ghz
8GB RAM DDR3
MSI HD 7770 GPU
Dynex 520 watt Power supply
A960+ mother board
My computer doesn't satisfy me... my birthdays coming up i want to upgrade my computer to a what you would call a computer that would run anything i would throw at it. im currently looking at these items in my price range will these items make my computer that good?
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W.
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H mother board.
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge Quad 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo)
would this be enough to run anything i throw at it? or would i need a better graphics card or what every i need what should i get?
September 22, 2013 2:25:54 AM

Do you want your PC to run anything maxed out or at a playable frame rate?
m
0
l
September 22, 2013 2:27:13 AM

Are you going to use the extra feautures of the UD5H? If no, then go with the UD3H. Also yes, you need better GPU than 7770 to play newest games on high/max settings. You can also tell what's your budget so that we can choose suitable parts for your pocket. :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
September 22, 2013 3:48:41 AM

sando99 said:
Are you going to use the extra feautures of the UD5H? If no, then go with the UD3H. Also yes, you need better GPU than 7770 to play newest games on high/max settings. You can also tell what's your budget so that we can choose suitable parts for your pocket. :) 


as i said im new to computers i dont even know about the extra features.. um my budget right now is 500$ all those items add up to that price so if i get these items all i want to know how much better will my computer be will i be able to run arma 3 at say medium graphics with 60+ fps? right now i get 15-30 fps arma 3 low graphics
which is terrible..
m
0
l
September 22, 2013 3:51:06 AM

Which store you prefer to buy from?
m
0
l
September 22, 2013 4:11:36 AM

sando99 said:
Which store you prefer to buy from?


newegg.com is a really great website with amazing bundles and deals.
m
0
l
September 22, 2013 4:18:10 AM

VENAXIS said:
Do you want your PC to run anything maxed out or at a playable frame rate?
just playable would be nice!

m
0
l
September 22, 2013 4:19:53 AM

sando99 said:
Which store you prefer to buy from?


and thank you for telling me about the UD3H saved lots of money!
m
0
l
September 22, 2013 4:44:58 AM

No problem. :)  I have the same board and it's rock solid. You can keep your RAM, PSU, HDD, Case and buy this:



Here you have no overclocking option, but you have good board, i5 and a good video card (you also get free Batman Arkham Origins). You can add SSD later. If it's too expensive you can replace the card with GTX 650 Ti Boost.

P.S: There is also a option with Haswell i3 + GTX 760 but I think that i3 will bottleneck GTX760, but I'm not sure about that.
m
0
l
September 22, 2013 4:51:07 AM

sando99 said:
No problem. :)  I have the same board and it's rock solid. You can keep your RAM, PSU, HDD, Case and buy this:



Here you have no overclocking option, but you have good board, i5 and a good video card (you also get free Batman Arkham Origins). You can add SSD later. If it's too expensive you can replace the card with GTX 650 Ti Boost.



Looks great will do! (= but ive been told that the dynex 520 watt psu was total garbage. and ive seen it on amazon for 11$ when i paid 60 for it with best buy.. are you sure my psu is able to handle all this?
m
0
l

Best solution

September 22, 2013 5:07:21 AM

Wow, totally forgot about that cra*py PSU, lol. Alrighty then:



Very quality PSU (it will be enough if you decide to put i5/i7 + powerful GPU later), one of the best price/performance video cards, and that Haswell i3 = older i5.
Share
!