Solved

Some weird problem with my laptop

Hi
I have a 3 month old hp pavilion g6.It has a 7670m hd gpu
I have been experiencing some wird prob with it.Whenever I am playing any game(be it bioshock infinite or even fifa 13) if i just lift my laptop inbetween my game lags badly!
I have seriously no idea why this has happened
My gpu does seem to overheat while playing games but its a lso a lot more than the ones of my friends(which are 2-3 year old laptops)
Another thing-I am experiencing a draw distance prob in almost every game
I have updated the gpu driver once toi

Please help.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about weird problem laptop
  1. RedDevilGuri said:
    Hi
    I have a 3 month old hp pavilion g6.It has a 7670m hd gpu
    I have been experiencing some wird prob with it.Whenever I am playing any game(be it bioshock infinite or even fifa 13) if i just lift my laptop inbetween my game lags badly!
    I have seriously no idea why this has happened
    My gpu does seem to overheat while playing games but its a lso a lot more than the ones of my friends(which are 2-3 year old laptops)
    Another thing-I am experiencing a draw distance prob in almost every game
    I have updated the gpu driver once toi

    Please help.

    Laptops were never meant to play games whether they are from Alienware or any other big names.
    Because everything is shrinked to their mobile versions(CPU,GPU,BOARDS,RAMS,WI-FI'S etc.)performance reduces dramatically.Just go to the NVIDIA official site and compare say 8400 GS and 8400 MGS or any latest like GTX or GTS series,you will know the answer.Same is what happens to the coolers and heatsinks within.
    If you purchased this laptop for game play,I,unfortunately,have to say you made a mistake.
    But here's a consolation:-try reducing the resolution and every other graphics option by 1.If it runs then go otherwise do it by 2 and do it, the same procedure, unless you get what you asked for.
  2. vdtiwari said:
    RedDevilGuri said:
    Hi
    I have a 3 month old hp pavilion g6.It has a 7670m hd gpu
    I have been experiencing some wird prob with it.Whenever I am playing any game(be it bioshock infinite or even fifa 13) if i just lift my laptop inbetween my game lags badly!
    I have seriously no idea why this has happened
    My gpu does seem to overheat while playing games but its a lso a lot more than the ones of my friends(which are 2-3 year old laptops)
    Another thing-I am experiencing a draw distance prob in almost every game
    I have updated the gpu driver once toi

    Please help.

    Laptops were never meant to play games whether they are from Alienware or any other big names.
    Because everything is shrinked to their mobile versions(CPU,GPU,BOARDS,RAMS,WI-FI'S etc.)performance reduces dramatically.Just go to the NVIDIA official site and compare say 8400 GS and 8400 MGS or any latest like GTX or GTS series,you will know the answer.Same is what happens to the coolers and heatsinks within.
    If you purchased this laptop for game play,I,unfortunately,have to say you made a mistake.
    But here's a consolation:-try reducing the resolution and every other graphics option by 1.If it runs then go otherwise do it by 2 and do it, the same procedure, unless you get what you asked for.



    My friends also play games on laptops but they are not suffering from any such probs.Yes,the heating prob is there but its not this much.
    They are not suffering from any draw distance prob neiter are they suffering from any prob like when my game lags if i lift my laptop!

    And I didnt buy a pc because i stay ina hostel.We have to change blocks every year and there would have been a portability prob for me then!
  3. Best answer
    Ok you will have to your play games on lower settings not because it is a laptop but because your laptop isn't really ment for gaming. A lap top cooler would also probably help if the partsare getting hot because they are working so hard to play BSI, which is a very demanding game, it could result in a damage to the internal components. make sure you have enough memory to support running these games that laptop comes stock with 4gb and is upgradble to 8gb im sure 8gb is recommended for BSI so that may help. Now for the pick up problem it is probably an arroneous occurance unless parts inside are shorting picking up your pc should help it slightly if anything because it improves airflow to components also be sure to keep it on a solid surface carpet and beds will cause the laptop to overheat quickly.
  4. Mizchief-n-Mayhem said:
    Ok you will have to your play games on lower settings not because it is a laptop but because your laptop isn't really ment for gaming. A lap top cooler would also probably help if the partsare getting hot because they are working so hard to play BSI, which is a very demanding game, it could result in a damage to the internal components. make sure you have enough memory to support running these games that laptop comes stock with 4gb and is upgradble to 8gb im sure 8gb is recommended for BSI so that may help. Now for the pick up problem it is probably an arroneous occurance unless parts inside are shorting picking up your pc should help it slightly if anything because it improves airflow to components also be sure to keep it on a solid surface carpet and beds will cause the laptop to overheat quickly.


    I am playing BSI on low settings only.I do have a 8gb ram.But I am suffering from the same prob in cod mw 1 too :\
  5. When it happens check your CPU usage and memory usage it could be background applications causing this
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops GPUs Games Graphics