Sign in with
Your question
Solved

i5 3350 vs i5 4430 or -k?

Last response: in CPUs
September 22, 2013 7:35:43 AM

Hi, i am upgrading my PC and what will remain unchanged will be my HDs, my power-supply (550w). I am quite in open-sea, i have an CPU air-cooler and i am think about these two processor that have a good performance and price, but i was thinking about some -k processors that stays around that price (150-180€). My question is: is it worth buying a -k processor for gaming? Thank you!

More about : 3350 4430

a c 126 ) Power supply
a c 265 à CPUs
September 22, 2013 7:47:13 AM

Either cpu is a good gaming chip.

I do like the "K" versions. You will get perhaps 20% more performance by overclocking at a price premium of 5%.

But, for gaming, the graphics is more important. I suggest you divide your cpu+gpu budget 1/3 for the cpu and 2/3 for graphics.

Your 550w psu can power a graphics card as good as a GTX780 or 7970.
a b ) Power supply
a b à CPUs
September 22, 2013 7:47:31 AM

its worth it only if u're willing to overclcock, cuz for that u need a Z77/Z87 mobo also

Best solution

September 22, 2013 7:50:56 AM

Teskin said:
Hi, i am upgrading my PC and what will remain unchanged will be my HDs, my power-supply (550w). I am quite in open-sea, i have an CPU air-cooler and i am think about these two processor that have a good performance and price, but i was thinking about some -k processors that stays around that price (150-180€). My question is: is it worth buying a -k processor for gaming? Thank you!

The only reason i would buy a (k) processor is if i was to overclock, you probs know this but just in case. The (k) at the end of an intel cpu means its unlocked, meaning easy overclocking, i'm not a big fan of overclocks as if you dont know what to do, everything can go wrong, but the (k) doesnt effect the cpu output massively, so if you want to overclock, i would highly suggest getting the (k) models. P.S forgot to mention that the (k) models cost much more than the (non 'k' i guess you could call them) :3
!