Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How soon do you think Nvidia will drop the price of the gtx 780?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 22, 2013 1:30:32 PM

With AMD's new Flagship GPU (outperforming the titan) priced at around $600 it seems Nvidia will need to adjust the pricing of their current flagship GPU.

Do you think they will wait until the holiday season (November) or immediately slash prices? Let me know what you guys think.

September 22, 2013 1:43:04 PM

Prices on Nvidia are not going down until the release of the AMD 9000 series which is said to out perform the GTX Titan
m
0
l
September 22, 2013 2:18:13 PM

warlock_dthpunch said:
Prices on Nvidia are not going down until the release of the AMD 9000 series which is said to out perform the GTX Titan


That is literally what I just said...
m
0
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
September 22, 2013 2:50:29 PM

They are not going to cut prices until the new Radeon HD cards are released.
m
0
l
September 22, 2013 3:36:52 PM

lol sorry mate for all these answers your getting... i don't think they even read your post!

I'm no expert, but I imagine ATI won't price their cards aggressively. By that I mean they will ask for a price that slides it right into place on the current price/performance ratio ladder.

If they do try to undercut nVidia, I imagine it would take no more than a month for nVidia to change their pricing scheme accordingly. I've heard others say that nVidia won't budge on it's pricing and it's totally up to ATI to how they price their cards.

Long story short, I have no idea. But at a guess I would say 1-4 weeks, as nobody will be putting down $AU850 for a video card without doing a bit of research and seeing that the competitor's card offers much better performance. At the lower end of the scale they can afford to rely a bit on consumer ignorance.
m
0
l
September 23, 2013 11:10:08 AM

AMD will probably place their flagship Gpu in the $500-700 price range and drop the price on the 7990... nvidia will drop their prices after they get thrashed in all the benchmarks....
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
September 23, 2013 5:04:10 PM

warlock_dthpunch said:
AMD will probably place their flagship Gpu in the $500-700 price range and drop the price on the 7990... nvidia will drop their prices after they get thrashed in all the benchmarks....


If amd new flagship cost 700 nvidia will not drop their 780 price :D  . but if they price it at 500 nvidia might drop 780 price. Titan most likely to keep it 1k price tag even if amd new flagship beats it game. Anyway i'snt that amd already dropping price on 7990? Last i heard amd already discontinue them due to low demand
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
September 23, 2013 5:13:28 PM

Turboman750 said:
With AMD's new Flagship GPU (outperforming the titan) priced at around $600 it seems Nvidia will need to adjust the pricing of their current flagship GPU.

Do you think they will wait until the holiday season (November) or immediately slash prices? Let me know what you guys think.



If amd new card indeed beat titan and priced as such nvidia most likely drop their 780 but i bet it won't be right away. Usually when nvidia make price drops it rarely make it into news heads. Maybe they don't want to show that they were reactive to amd pricing. so there might be a shift in 600 and 700 series pricing except titan maybe
m
0
l
!