Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Asus Z87-Deluxe WiFi Problem

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
September 22, 2013 2:19:32 PM

Hi,

I have very recently built a new Haswell based PC and I am using the Asus Z87-Deluxe as my mainboard. The build went pretty smoothly, however after installing the WiFi/bluetooth drivers to enable the inbuilt Broadcom 802.11ac wireless adapter to function I could only connect to my wireless router with 'Limited' connectivity.

I am running Windows 8 64-bit and understand that various things can cause 'Limited' connection. So I tried all the known solutions available like, disabling the adapter power management option and resetting the TCP/IP stack but this did not solve the issue. After reinstalling the lastest drivers countless times (older drivers caused the WiFi adapter to not pick up wireless signals at all) and reinstalling Windows, the problem was still present so I decided to contact Asus.

An Asus technical adviser suggested that I RMA the motherboard as it might be a faulty wireless adapter. I fitted the replacement board yesterday and fired up the computer to initially find that the wireless worked! However I could only connect to the 2.4 GHz band on my router, the 5GHz band again showed a 'Limited' connection. However, this morning I tried connecting the 2.4GHz radio resulting in the dreaded 'Limited' connection again.

This is a second board with the same problem, so I am unsure if it is a hardware fault or a driver problem. I just wonder if anybody has had this kind of problem with this type of motherboard and if they have any suggestions. Unless it is a problem with my setup which is listed below:

MB: Asus Z87-Deluxe (The lastest 1405 Bios)
CPU: Intel 4770K (@ stock speed)
Cooler: Corsair H100i
Ram: G-Skill 8GB (F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL)
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
SC: Asus Xonar DX2
PSU: Corsair CX750M
OS: Windows 8 64-Bit

Sorry for the long post, but it would be great if anybody has any information or suggestions before I contact Asus again or pick a new board - it just seems strange that two brand new boards could have the same issue!

Cheers,
Drummermandan.
a b * Windows 8
a c 462 V Motherboard
a c 116 Ĉ ASUS
a b å Intel
September 22, 2013 3:17:36 PM

Have you tried updating the router firmware to see if it was a firmware bug. On the wifi card have you checked to see if there newer drivers not from asus but from the chipset that on the wifi card.
m
0
l
September 22, 2013 3:51:07 PM

smorizio said:
Have you tried updating the router firmware to see if it was a firmware bug. On the wifi card have you checked to see if there newer drivers not from asus but from the chipset that on the wifi card.


Thanks for the reply.

I believe the router is functioning properly as I have several other devices that are connected wirelessly to it (phone, laptops and a tablet), some using 2.4GHz band and others on the 5GHz band. All are connected with internet access and rarely drop signal. The firmware of the router is controlled by my ISP (Virgin media) as it is their Wireless Superhub 2 (manufacturer is Netgear).

As for the wireless adapter drivers, I believe I have used all of the ones that are available. I have looked on Broadcom's website and it seems that they do not provide wireless adapter drivers (although I maybe wrong). The adapter is pretty new from what I can gather (uses the newest 802.11ac standard) and it seems that support is limited.

However, if anyone can point me towards newer drivers that would be great. (Drivers from Asus website used - V6.30.95.48 and v6.31.223.1. V10.0.0.251 do not install so I do not think they are compatible)
m
0
l
Related resources
September 23, 2013 7:25:54 AM

Right, I have managed to install a copy of Windows 7 on a different HDD to see whether or not this WiFi issue is confined to Windows 8.

I can confirm that it does appear that it is a Windows 8 issue, or that the drivers for Windows 8 are broken in some way - after installing Windows 7 64-Bit and the latest WiFi drivers, I was able to immediately connect to both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.

It just seems bizarre that drivers would be released if they do not work, unless I am unlucky and only affects my build (but with two identical boards it seems strange). So for now I will have to wait until they release newer drivers, unless there is another reason within in Windows 8 thay maybe responsible? So for people with this board that come across a similar issue and have installed Windows 8, it is unlikely that the adapter is faulty. However, I will post any updates if I find out anything else or have any further problems.
m
0
l
December 6, 2013 5:23:57 AM

Drummermandan87 said:
Right, I have managed to install a copy of Windows 7 on a different HDD to see whether or not this WiFi issue is confined to Windows 8.

I can confirm that it does appear that it is a Windows 8 issue, or that the drivers for Windows 8 are broken in some way - after installing Windows 7 64-Bit and the latest WiFi drivers, I was able to immediately connect to both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.

It just seems bizarre that drivers would be released if they do not work, unless I am unlucky and only affects my build (but with two identical boards it seems strange). So for now I will have to wait until they release newer drivers, unless there is another reason within in Windows 8 thay maybe responsible? So for people with this board that come across a similar issue and have installed Windows 8, it is unlikely that the adapter is faulty. However, I will post any updates if I find out anything else or have any further problems.


m
0
l
December 6, 2013 6:07:54 AM

If you didn't write it, my post would be essentially identical. Using Win 8 Pro 64, Asus Z87 Pro and 4770k, I had no wifi connection. I finally located the WiFi drivers which Asus seems to have hidden on the master suite but refers to it as if it had its own dedicated disc. Well that worked! I have a connection but I time out 98% of the time. To call it a crawl would be an insult to professional crawlers.

I did get a hint at an answer. The totally fresh install of Win 9 eventually gave me a warning that the Qualcomm Altheous driver supplied by Asus is incompatible with Win 8. I think it swapped out the driver but I had to do a complete fresh install with another Windows disk in that I had mistakenly bought an update instead of a complete install. (Anyone want an update disk cheap?). The totally fresh install went through the same steps leaving me with a rocket of a computer that just won't communicate with the rest of the world. Maybe the MB has a personality disorder. The new installation of Win 8 Pro has not given me the incompatibility warning. I have been waiting three days for it while I try driver update software, download newer versions from Qualcomm of the WIFI to Go drivers/utilities. I have uninstalled the component in Device Manager, shut down the computer, unplugged it to make certain that there is not one oz of energy saving the old device in memory and restarted it. Good idea; I ended up at the beginning with no internet connectivity. Cannot find a wireless router. Harped on going with Ethernet to the point that I was ready to do so despite this new, highly touted WIFI. Going back to ethernet would seem to me to be the equivalent of placing an Abacus on top of the case if the calculator software no longer functioned.

I completed the build in hours; I can't get decent internet connectivity in DAYS. I also tried every single idea that I could think of and have read the other postings re: the same complaints. I just cannot find any answers except one person found an OLD driver on a UK site that works. Another genious; you think he posted a hyperlink? And, going back doesn't seem to make sense. In fact the Asus disk is far enough "back: and updates don't work either.

I think I am going with the most hi-tech solution - I had previously purchased an Asus ac card for installation on a Sabertooth for a 2011 build I intended to do. Instead, I returned the board, deciding to go with Haswell. I held onto my components which I thought would all be necessary for the Haswell build not expecting the wonderful WIFI to Go. I hope it does GO when I disable it in Device Manager and install the new card. A pretty expensive solution but, worse, I cannot handle these new features using illiterate manuals that have screen shots that are illegible and generally out of date with what is on the screen. Also, why is everything written, except charts, useless. Can't companies like Asus hire a high schooler and have them do a build using the manual to determine what corrections are needed. For example, why are the two brown SATA ports described identically with the six yellow ports? I know that the two use a different controller (Asmedia?) but Asus tells you that it is identical to the yellow ports. Word for word the descriptions are the same yet I cannot connect a HD, SSD or optical drive to them.

Asus Z87 Pro
Intel Haswell 4770k
16GB Vengeance
Evo 212
Corsair TX750M
SSDs: Samsung 840 250GB and OCZ 120GB
HDs: Samsung 2TB; Seagate 2TB; WD Barracuda 3TB
Asus Blue Ray read/write and Asus write (the later which had to be disconnected for lack of SATA ports)
Cool Master HAF 922
Gigabyte GTX 660
47 Fans.
m
0
l
December 6, 2013 7:21:17 AM

I just recently did a build around the Z87-Deluxe. Had major trouble with the built in Wifi too. What was odd was the wifi would cut out right at the adapter, but I could still pickup Bluetooth. I think there is something very buggy with the current drivers. It doesn't seem to be a faulty adapter....although I could be VERY wrong on this.

I ultimately had to run a hard line to the computer....sigh...
m
0
l
December 9, 2013 9:31:54 AM

Funny. I have no Bluetooth despite installing the drivers which, I believe are grouped with the WI-FI to Go. I now installed an Asus AC1750 which had no problem locating the new card after I disabled the built in WI-FI. I guess they should refer to this feature as Asus Pro's "My Wi-Fi Got Up and Went." What a was to time, money, etc. I spent a few hours on the build making sure everything was perfect and cleanly wired and spent double that time with the wi-fi to end up not using it. Asus knows that once you finish your build it is unlikely that you are going to go through a return procedure especially when there appears to be a problem with the hardware OR drivers. In fact, have we found ANYONE that uses the To Go so that they can tell us what they did in order to get their's to work. Perhaps we all made the same mistake in the build!?
m
0
l
December 9, 2013 9:33:24 AM

AND NOTICE, NOT ONE WORD FROM ASUS. THIS IS SUPPOSEDLY A DECENT MB USED ON HASWELL BUILDS. THE FEATURE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SIGNIFICANT SELLING POINT. YET WITH ALL THE FAILURES, NOT ONE WORD FROM THE MANUFACTURER.
m
0
l
December 9, 2013 1:16:42 PM

We paid for the "bling" I guess...lol?!
m
0
l
a b * Windows 8
a c 101 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b å Intel
December 9, 2013 1:31:56 PM

Drummermandan87 said:
Hi,

I have very recently built a new Haswell based PC and I am using the Asus Z87-Deluxe as my mainboard. The build went pretty smoothly, however after installing the WiFi/bluetooth drivers to enable the inbuilt Broadcom 802.11ac wireless adapter to function I could only connect to my wireless router with 'Limited' connectivity.

I am running Windows 8 64-bit and understand that various things can cause 'Limited' connection. So I tried all the known solutions available like, disabling the adapter power management option and resetting the TCP/IP stack but this did not solve the issue. After reinstalling the lastest drivers countless times (older drivers caused the WiFi adapter to not pick up wireless signals at all) and reinstalling Windows, the problem was still present so I decided to contact Asus.

An Asus technical adviser suggested that I RMA the motherboard as it might be a faulty wireless adapter. I fitted the replacement board yesterday and fired up the computer to initially find that the wireless worked! However I could only connect to the 2.4 GHz band on my router, the 5GHz band again showed a 'Limited' connection. However, this morning I tried connecting the 2.4GHz radio resulting in the dreaded 'Limited' connection again.

This is a second board with the same problem, so I am unsure if it is a hardware fault or a driver problem. I just wonder if anybody has had this kind of problem with this type of motherboard and if they have any suggestions. Unless it is a problem with my setup which is listed below:

MB: Asus Z87-Deluxe (The lastest 1405 Bios)
CPU: Intel 4770K (@ stock speed)
Cooler: Corsair H100i
Ram: G-Skill 8GB (F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL)
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
SC: Asus Xonar DX2
PSU: Corsair CX750M
OS: Windows 8 64-Bit

Sorry for the long post, but it would be great if anybody has any information or suggestions before I contact Asus again or pick a new board - it just seems strange that two brand new boards could have the same issue!

Cheers,
Drummermandan.


Did the late November driver update for Windows 8 fix the issue?

m
0
l
December 15, 2013 8:21:28 PM

Ok, I'm having the same or very similar problem with my Z87-deluxe. When I first powered up the system in September, the wireless worked for about 24 hours (while I was doing my own stability testing) then it crapped out. This is on a Win7-64 BTW. I tried updating & backdating drivers neither of which worked.

Then I tried booting Ubuntu from a thumbdrive thinking the Windows drivers were messed up. That didn't help either.

Finally I contacted Asus support. To their credit, they were quite responsive and I ended up pulling the motherboard out and sending it in under the RMA process they have.

It came back in a couple weeks and worked for about 5 weeks. Now it crapped out again and I'm back to hardwiring except now, when the system comes out of sleeping, it won't connect to the ethernet device either. If I get into the device manager and disable the I217-V ethernet connection, then reenable it, the hardwire will start working again.

But the wireless seems completely dead, although Win7 thinks it's functioning property.

Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm back in contact with Asus using my original RMA number to see what they'll say. I'll post a response here when I get it. (I already told them I'm not excited about tearing my system apart again).

-Jim
m
0
l
December 16, 2013 6:58:59 AM

Bit of an update with my Deluxe board. I have been running a hard line to the board for over a month now, but have been using a Bluetooth connected keyboard all the while. I have not seen any interruptions with it's connection in this time frame. However, I have not tried connecting to the internet via the adapter. I rolled back the drivers to what came with the mother board, but also updated the BIOS to the latest version. Seems to work....for now at least.
m
0
l
December 16, 2013 8:38:32 PM

oOSlushyOo said:
However, I have not tried connecting to the internet via the adapter. I rolled back the drivers to what came with the mother board, but also updated the BIOS to the latest version. Seems to work....for now at least.


Just to make sure I understand - you haven't tried the wireless connection since hardwiring, right? What's working is the hardwired cat5 connection. Do I have that right?

m
0
l
December 17, 2013 12:45:17 PM

Correct, I have not tried the wireless connection since hardwiring. But, I have seen 0 problems with the adapters Bluetooth connectivity.
m
0
l
December 20, 2013 7:32:05 AM

Drummermandan87 said:
Hi,

I have very recently built a new Haswell based PC and I am using the Asus Z87-Deluxe as my mainboard. The build went pretty smoothly, however after installing the WiFi/bluetooth drivers to enable the inbuilt Broadcom 802.11ac wireless adapter to function I could only connect to my wireless router with 'Limited' connectivity.

I am running Windows 8 64-bit and understand that various things can cause 'Limited' connection. So I tried all the known solutions available like, disabling the adapter power management option and resetting the TCP/IP stack but this did not solve the issue. After reinstalling the lastest drivers countless times (older drivers caused the WiFi adapter to not pick up wireless signals at all) and reinstalling Windows, the problem was still present so I decided to contact Asus.

An Asus technical adviser suggested that I RMA the motherboard as it might be a faulty wireless adapter. I fitted the replacement board yesterday and fired up the computer to initially find that the wireless worked! However I could only connect to the 2.4 GHz band on my router, the 5GHz band again showed a 'Limited' connection. However, this morning I tried connecting the 2.4GHz radio resulting in the dreaded 'Limited' connection again.

This is a second board with the same problem, so I am unsure if it is a hardware fault or a driver problem. I just wonder if anybody has had this kind of problem with this type of motherboard and if they have any suggestions. Unless it is a problem with my setup which is listed below:

MB: Asus Z87-Deluxe (The lastest 1405 Bios)
CPU: Intel 4770K (@ stock speed)
Cooler: Corsair H100i
Ram: G-Skill 8GB (F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL)
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
SC: Asus Xonar DX2
PSU: Corsair CX750M
OS: Windows 8 64-Bit

Sorry for the long post, but it would be great if anybody has any information or suggestions before I contact Asus again or pick a new board - it just seems strange that two brand new boards could have the same issue!

Cheers,
Drummermandan.


RealBeast said:
Drummermandan87 said:
Hi,

I have very recently built a new Haswell based PC and I am using the Asus Z87-Deluxe as my mainboard. The build went pretty smoothly, however after installing the WiFi/bluetooth drivers to enable the inbuilt Broadcom 802.11ac wireless adapter to function I could only connect to my wireless router with 'Limited' connectivity.

I am running Windows 8 64-bit and understand that various things can cause 'Limited' connection. So I tried all the known solutions available like, disabling the adapter power management option and resetting the TCP/IP stack but this did not solve the issue. After reinstalling the lastest drivers countless times (older drivers caused the WiFi adapter to not pick up wireless signals at all) and reinstalling Windows, the problem was still present so I decided to contact Asus.

An Asus technical adviser suggested that I RMA the motherboard as it might be a faulty wireless adapter. I fitted the replacement board yesterday and fired up the computer to initially find that the wireless worked! However I could only connect to the 2.4 GHz band on my router, the 5GHz band again showed a 'Limited' connection. However, this morning I tried connecting the 2.4GHz radio resulting in the dreaded 'Limited' connection again.

This is a second board with the same problem, so I am unsure if it is a hardware fault or a driver problem. I just wonder if anybody has had this kind of problem with this type of motherboard and if they have any suggestions. Unless it is a problem with my setup which is listed below:

MB: Asus Z87-Deluxe (The lastest 1405 Bios)
CPU: Intel 4770K (@ stock speed)
Cooler: Corsair H100i
Ram: G-Skill 8GB (F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL)
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
SC: Asus Xonar DX2
PSU: Corsair CX750M
OS: Windows 8 64-Bit

Sorry for the long post, but it would be great if anybody has any information or suggestions before I contact Asus again or pick a new board - it just seems strange that two brand new boards could have the same issue!

Cheers,
Drummermandan.


Did the late November driver update for Windows 8 fix the issue?



I had the "same" setup and the "same" experience as The Drum. I believe my firmware update was October, however, it was the latest available through Asus. NOTHING WORKED to properly activate the To Go modem. For the first few days, I had NO CONNECTION AVAILABLE and Limited Condition, and then I had a connection which was the same speed as in that old Xerox commercial in which reams of documents are copied by scribes. I spent a week on Wi-Fi , not believing that it was possible that I could not determine the fix. (I was confident that it was not a hardware issue. I also ignored my Universal Truth - That if you reach a dead end during a build, call someone that knows the answer. The problem here was it was an Asus only issue re: the unknow modem and I didn't want to deal with customer support who was going to take the easy way out - RMA the board, so I can have the same problem with the new board since it didn't seem to be a hardware issue).

I did so many things that i cannot attempt to list them, except for what eventually worked, as follows:

1. Right click on the Wi-Fi icon in your tray and then select Modify Adapters (or equivalent command). Mine is a Qualcom while you show yours as Broadcom. Interesting? Right click on it, and Disable it. If Uninstall is an option, use that. So now you are left without a modem.

2. Reboot.

3. Insert your Z87 MB disc. I know you already selected Install Asus (or equivalent command). Instead, now select only the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi command. You might have assumed that your "drivers" were properly installed with the general installation that gave you a checkbox list of what you wanted installed. Somehow the singular selection is different and you get different screens. I really cannot recall what they are but just follow the easy steps.

4. Next, reboot your computer after removing the Asus Disc. You should end up with the modem being located. Again I cannot recall but you may have to right click on it (see above) and Enable it.

5. That fixed the issue for me. While you might assume that Asus provided you with an installation button for all the selected drivers in their list, that does not appear to be the case with the modem. I then went back through each topic, such as the Intel Storage Technology for SSD. Make certain that each of the subcategories from that general installation is really installed and activated.

One remaining issue - now you are thrilled about having this new modem which appears to be an 801.ac installed, your router is still going to bog down your new computer's Interent use. If you had a decent dual channel 801n modem, you have not gained any speed. Also, as I transfer files across my private network, I note those messages that the transfer will take a day. The router's limitations apparently raises its ugly head again. I guess we were short $200 for the router, and about $50 if you need to pick up some internal/external hard drive cards. IF I COULD FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE THE BROWN SATA ports (whatever the name of the controller is), I would be set. So far I can't find much information. The Asus Manual is mum on the subject. They merely copy the same language from the yellow SATA port section. With the brown ports I could hook up my already installed 2nd optical drive and add a 6th HD. (1) OCZ 120 to boot; (1) Built-in SATA Memory card reader; (1) 3TB HD; (2) 2TB HD; (1) Samsung 840 to load with a few of the biggest and slowest loading programs such as Acrobat, Libre Office Dev. version; AVG, Malwarebyte, multitude of cloud storage programs (I pay for 2 unlimited ones but I just can't decide how to limit it to one with all the tablets and iphones, laptop, 3 desktops. Pay for Carbonite and Bit Casa. Still have difficulty with conceptualizing mirroring, incremental backups, moving files to a copy drive rather than right clicking them etc. They seem to have duplicate functions - why do you have the option to MOVE your folder rather than right click the folder and leave it where it is? And how can some of the other apps still use FILES rather than folders?

Can someone explain to me how I can use the Marvell controller SATA ports for a hard drive? for an optical drive? In the BIOS those SATA drives do not even appear (at least in regard to boot-up priority. I can at least understand the conclusion that they cannot be used for boot-ups (?) but how do you make use of them.

We need to form an International Convention on Manual Writing and Translation. Groups of people should have to handle a build using the Manuals, recording the questions and comments made to the tech people who will need to be bused in.

I keep staring at the HAF 922, ready to close it up. Is the cable maintenance sufficient? Will the back side of the case ever close with all those cables stuffed back there? Is there anything else left to do, as I find some issue in the Asus installation disk every day. Do I use the Optimal settings in the BIOS and call it a day for now, and overclock further on a later date? Is there any more Enabling or Disabling I need to do? I found that some defaults seemed to set set in a manner that didn't seem to be recommended by the software's on-screen comments. Do I move on to the theater-like hook up and worry about new or different issues later. What if someone explains how to make use of the Marvel SATA ports the moment after I stuff the cables into the case.
m
0
l
January 8, 2014 7:05:46 AM

i had the same issue but with win 7 64 bit. It was not a hardware issue, everything appered to be working fine, even the bluetooth my solution was very simple although it took a few hours to figure out. its similar to cmlevy's solution.

step 1: go to device manager and uninstall the drivers for the antenna

step 2: hardwire your internet connection (if not possible then use a different computer to download the files in the the following steps and transfer them)

step 3: go to asus.com select support, then find your model manually. once you get to the z87 mobos you'll notice there are several different versions of the deluxe. ensure you select the proper one as i assume they have different antenna manufacturers since some people have stated they have broadcom some said qualcom. mine is the z87 deluxe/dual, after that i scrolled down to the wireless folder downloaded the most recent divers (which were actually broadcom drivers according to the installation)

step 4: open the folder you just downloaded unzip it and select the wifi folder, then the proper os the choices are windows 7, windows 8 and windows 8.1 once you've done this select the cd folder the run the setup.exe inside then restart your computer when promted

and thats it, because you are hardwired in you will probably have to tell windows to connect to the wireless network you want (i did) it appears to be working fine now and as been for sometime im assuming that the exact correct drivers needed arent included on the disc that came with the mobo because i havent had any issues since doing this.
m
0
l
March 12, 2014 9:36:39 PM

Same problem on same setup, but i can connect to 2.4Ghz Wifi AP and work without problems. 5Ghz Wifi AP cause same problems: "Limited" status of connection and nothing working (i cant ping my router).

Solutions that you do not help for me.
m
0
l
March 14, 2014 6:48:31 PM

alkaline808 said:
i had the same issue but with win 7 64 bit. It was not a hardware issue, everything appered to be working fine, even the bluetooth my solution was very simple although it took a few hours to figure out. its similar to cmlevy's solution.

step 1: go to device manager and uninstall the drivers for the antenna

step 2: hardwire your internet connection (if not possible then use a different computer to download the files in the the following steps and transfer them)

step 3: go to asus.com select support, then find your model manually. once you get to the z87 mobos you'll notice there are several different versions of the deluxe. ensure you select the proper one as i assume they have different antenna manufacturers since some people have stated they have broadcom some said qualcom. mine is the z87 deluxe/dual, after that i scrolled down to the wireless folder downloaded the most recent divers (which were actually broadcom drivers according to the installation)

step 4: open the folder you just downloaded unzip it and select the wifi folder, then the proper os the choices are windows 7, windows 8 and windows 8.1 once you've done this select the cd folder the run the setup.exe inside then restart your computer when promted

and thats it, because you are hardwired in you will probably have to tell windows to connect to the wireless network you want (i did) it appears to be working fine now and as been for sometime im assuming that the exact correct drivers needed arent included on the disc that came with the mobo because i havent had any issues since doing this.


Thanks so much for this, it solved my problem!
m
0
l
March 16, 2014 10:32:40 AM

Philbert579 said:
alkaline808 said:
i had the same issue but with win 7 64 bit. It was not a hardware issue, everything appered to be working fine, even the bluetooth my solution was very simple although it took a few hours to figure out. its similar to cmlevy's solution.

step 1: go to device manager and uninstall the drivers for the antenna

step 2: hardwire your internet connection (if not possible then use a different computer to download the files in the the following steps and transfer them)

step 3: go to asus.com select support, then find your model manually. once you get to the z87 mobos you'll notice there are several different versions of the deluxe. ensure you select the proper one as i assume they have different antenna manufacturers since some people have stated they have broadcom some said qualcom. mine is the z87 deluxe/dual, after that i scrolled down to the wireless folder downloaded the most recent divers (which were actually broadcom drivers according to the installation)

step 4: open the folder you just downloaded unzip it and select the wifi folder, then the proper os the choices are windows 7, windows 8 and windows 8.1 once you've done this select the cd folder the run the setup.exe inside then restart your computer when promted

and thats it, because you are hardwired in you will probably have to tell windows to connect to the wireless network you want (i did) it appears to be working fine now and as been for sometime im assuming that the exact correct drivers needed arent included on the disc that came with the mobo because i havent had any issues since doing this.


Thanks so much for this, it solved my problem!


This worked for me also, so much thanks to alkaline808 for posting this. I *really* wanted to WiFi to work and all Asus could do is send me another stupid RMA number. You'd think someone there would know to install the drivers like alkaline808 said. <ugh>
m
0
l
March 25, 2014 2:48:25 AM

alkaline808 said:
i had the same issue but with win 7 64 bit. It was not a hardware issue, everything appered to be working fine, even the bluetooth my solution was very simple although it took a few hours to figure out. its similar to cmlevy's solution.

step 1: go to device manager and uninstall the drivers for the antenna

step 2: hardwire your internet connection (if not possible then use a different computer to download the files in the the following steps and transfer them)

step 3: go to asus.com select support, then find your model manually. once you get to the z87 mobos you'll notice there are several different versions of the deluxe. ensure you select the proper one as i assume they have different antenna manufacturers since some people have stated they have broadcom some said qualcom. mine is the z87 deluxe/dual, after that i scrolled down to the wireless folder downloaded the most recent divers (which were actually broadcom drivers according to the installation)

step 4: open the folder you just downloaded unzip it and select the wifi folder, then the proper os the choices are windows 7, windows 8 and windows 8.1 once you've done this select the cd folder the run the setup.exe inside then restart your computer when promted

and thats it, because you are hardwired in you will probably have to tell windows to connect to the wireless network you want (i did) it appears to be working fine now and as been for sometime im assuming that the exact correct drivers needed arent included on the disc that came with the mobo because i havent had any issues since doing this.


jjbbrewer said:
Philbert579 said:
alkaline808 said:
i had the same issue but with win 7 64 bit. It was not a hardware issue, everything appered to be working fine, even the bluetooth my solution was very simple although it took a few hours to figure out. its similar to cmlevy's solution.

step 1: go to device manager and uninstall the drivers for the antenna

step 2: hardwire your internet connection (if not possible then use a different computer to download the files in the the following steps and transfer them)

step 3: go to asus.com select support, then find your model manually. once you get to the z87 mobos you'll notice there are several different versions of the deluxe. ensure you select the proper one as i assume they have different antenna manufacturers since some people have stated they have broadcom some said qualcom. mine is the z87 deluxe/dual, after that i scrolled down to the wireless folder downloaded the most recent divers (which were actually broadcom drivers according to the installation)

step 4: open the folder you just downloaded unzip it and select the wifi folder, then the proper os the choices are windows 7, windows 8 and windows 8.1 once you've done this select the cd folder the run the setup.exe inside then restart your computer when promted

and thats it, because you are hardwired in you will probably have to tell windows to connect to the wireless network you want (i did) it appears to be working fine now and as been for sometime im assuming that the exact correct drivers needed arent included on the disc that came with the mobo because i havent had any issues since doing this.


Thanks so much for this, it solved my problem!


This worked for me also, so much thanks to alkaline808 for posting this. I *really* wanted to WiFi to work and all Asus could do is send me another stupid RMA number. You'd think someone there would know to install the drivers like alkaline808 said. <ugh>


I had the same issue with the Asus Z87 Deluxe. Following a fresh install of Window 8.1 Pro, my WiFi was working correctly. However, it stopped working after I installed motherboard drivers from the DVD supplied with the Asus motherboard.

After reading the above, I was able to get my WiFi working again by simply right-clicking, 'Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter' in device Manager and selecting, 'Update Driver Software....' WiFi now works without any issues.
m
0
l
April 30, 2014 10:02:18 AM

Did you connect your wifi go adaptor?...
m
0
l
!