Solved

Need feedback on mid-end gaming pc build (link in post)

LINK http://pcpartpicker.com/user/WesleyWizard/saved/2qHP Anything I should add or tweak :3 thanks!
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about feedback mid end gaming build link post
  1. Looks good I would add a 120-128GB SSD as OS/program drive. I am presuming the PSU size is based on later to go with SLI.
  2. rolli59 said:
    Looks good I would add a 120-128GB SSD as OS/program drive. I am presuming the PSU size is based on later to go with SLI.


    Yeah 770 SLI will be able to handle pretty much everything :P and how much would a SSD cost me?
  3. Best answer
  4. Here's my suggestion:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($179.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($55.25 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($148.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($394.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($95.87 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $1382.00
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-22 20:41 EDT-0400)

    -Better combo on the cpu and motherboard. $60 off! Still a high quality board.
    -Cheaper ram.
    -Added in a SSD.
    -Better quality case.
    -Cheaper psu, still high quality. Enough to handle SLI and overclock.
  5. realchaos said:
    Here's my suggestion:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($179.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($55.25 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($148.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($394.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($95.87 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $1382.00
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-22 20:41 EDT-0400)

    -Better combo on the cpu and motherboard. $60 off! Still a high quality board.
    -Cheaper ram.
    -Added in a SSD.
    -Better quality case.
    -Cheaper psu, still high quality. Enough to handle SLI and overclock.


    I would go with that but I just orderd ALL my parts xD but I wanna stick with the lightnings because they are crazy fast and I think one of the best 770 cards
  6. I would really advise a different case. The Thermaltake one is a low-quality case, it's out of place.
    Try to cancel the order on the case.
  7. realchaos said:
    I would really advise a different case. The Thermaltake one is a low-quality case, it's out of place.
    Try to cancel the order on the case.


    I bought it at bestbuy :P it does not seam to be extream low quality. and I plan on ordering this later http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UE1W9K/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=duncan33303-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004UE1W9K
  8. blikker8 said:
    realchaos said:
    I would really advise a different case. The Thermaltake one is a low-quality case, it's out of place.
    Try to cancel the order on the case.


    I bought it at bestbuy :P it does not seam to be extream low quality. and I plan on ordering this later http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UE1W9K/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=duncan33303-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004UE1W9K


    Thermaltake cases are fine regardless of personal opinions. They make them for every budget and I have come a cross a lot more flimsy cases than theirs.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Build Systems