Solved

What Does Each RAM Spec Mean?

I'm just curious. Been looking at this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231445.

I wanted to know what the specs mean and what will benefit what.

Thanks Guys!
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about ram spec
  1. Best answer
    Real basically these are the 4 basic timings (+ CR (Command Rate/Timing)) that tells the system how many clock cycles it takes the DRAM to perform certain actions, there are numerous other timings also which you can find in the BIOS under advanced or secondary (and sometimes tertiary timings). There are numerous articles available on the net from the basic similar to what I've posted to in depth detail of what each means - the base timings are covered nicely at Wikapedia here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_timings
  2. Tradesman1 said:
    Real basically these are the 4 basic timings (+ CR (Command Rate/Timing)) that tells the system how many clock cycles it takes the DRAM to perform certain actions, there are numerous other timings also which you can find in the BIOS under advanced or secondary (and sometimes tertiary timings). There are numerous articles available on the net from the basic similar to what I've posted to in depth detail of what each means - the base timings are covered nicely at Wikapedia here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_timings


    Thanks for the article that helped a lot! So the X-X-X-XX also rely on the clock speed of the DIM, correct?

    Lol sorry to digress, but I noticed in your sig (1) very similar specs to what I'm getting... What graphics card are you using, if you are, and how's it working for you?
  3. Which one ;) I'm not a gamer, with the 4770K I have a EVGA 660TI superclocked, the 3570K has an Asus 7870 CU, and the 2500K has an Asus 7850 CU, am thinking of upgrading so all will be stepped down, but want to play with the 4770K a bit more first (only had it up and running little over a month, and it's been a very busy month, want to see first if I can get a 4.7 or 4.8 on the Haswell, am thinking a 770 or maybe a 780....then there's the Maxwell line (8xx) that is due first quarter next year
  4. Tradesman1 said:
    Which one ;) I'm not a gamer, with the 4770K I have a EVGA 660TI superclocked, the 3570K has an Asus 7870 CU, and the 2500K has an Asus 7850 CU, am thinking of upgrading so all will be stepped down, but want to play with the 4770K a bit more first (only had it up and running little over a month, and it's been a very busy month, want to see first if I can get a 4.7 or 4.8 on the Haswell, am thinking a 770 or maybe a 780....then there's the Maxwell line (8xx) that is due first quarter next year


    I was talking about the Haswell i7 and the VI Hero. I'm going to save up for Dual-Way 4 GB 770 SLI!
  5. I've run 770 SLI on my Hero, ran fine, it was a pair of EVGA cards, 2GB for a Rock build
  6. Tradesman1 said:
    I've run 770 SLI on my Hero, ran fine, it was a pair of EVGA cards, 2GB for a Rock build


    Oh, that's good to hear! I'm getting 4 GB of probably EVGA or Gigabyte just for future proofing cause I don't really want to be upgrading my graphics card to much!
  7. You should be set for awhile with a pair of those
Ask a new question

Read More

RAM Memory