Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

GTA iv lag(micro stuttering) during night

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 23, 2013 3:39:26 AM

Hi , i have core i3 3210 3.2 GHz processor, Powercolor AMD Radeon HD5450
2 GB Graphics card, 4 GB ram. Win 7 and Xp SP 1 and 3 respectively.
I play GTA IV with medium - high settings smoothly while it is morning in
the game. But when it is night there is some stuttering in the gameplay.
Especially at some places like my safe house in Alonquin and near my first safe house and other places. The game runs well in Bohan. Can you tell me
why it is happening and can you please post a solution.
I trust Toms hardware. Thank you.
a b U Graphics card
September 23, 2013 3:47:38 AM

The HD5450 it's not enough for GTAIV, you should upgrade your video card to something better :)  and probably use more RAM
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
September 23, 2013 3:57:34 AM

gta 4 isn't fully optimized yet for lower end computers. Yes like the previous comment a 5450 will allow you to play the game, but just barely and im surprised that you don't lag the whole time. The amount of ram you have atm is just fine (especially if you are only running 32 bit OS). Only thing you can really try is to make sure overdrive is turned on through catalyst and lower the settings, or buy a better card.
Share
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 23, 2013 10:23:45 AM

HillBillyAsian said:
gta 4 isn't fully optimized yet for lower end computers. Yes like the previous comment a 5450 will allow you to play the game, but just barely and im surprised that you don't lag the whole time. The amount of ram you have atm is just fine (especially if you are only running 32 bit OS). Only thing you can really try is to make sure overdrive is turned on through catalyst and lower the settings, or buy a better card.

Hey man thanks for posting your answer.But can you tell me how i
can use more ram. And is turning over drive on safe for my pc.
I am a new guy so i am not so familiar with how these works.
Hope you will not mind this silly Question.
I use 32 bit OS . I want to know why it is happening at night and near some places like Packie's house etc. And it is not a complete lag but it is micro stuttering . I play smoothly for 3 sec and then the screen freezes and in about 1/4 th of a sec it again runs smoothly . And if i disable my windows event log , my internet also disconnects . Please help. And i read my graphics card review , it is the latest powercolor graphics card and many people report that they play GTA IV smoothly on med settings . And one more question , is my processor good?
m
0
l
September 23, 2013 10:30:25 AM

Metalrenok said:
The HD5450 it's not enough for GTAIV, you should upgrade your video card to something better :)  and probably use more RAM

I want to know that is it good for other games . I play Fifa 13, Pes 2013 , Far Cry 3 , James Cameron's Avatar the game , Sleeping dogs, Assasin's Creed III , Medal of Honor Warfighter, Elder Scrolls
V Skyrim , 007 blood stone , Crysis 2 etc on high to very high settings . My computer repairer said that this is a good card .
Anyway thank you very much for a suggestion
m
0
l
September 23, 2013 10:32:35 AM

HillBillyAsian said:
gta 4 isn't fully optimized yet for lower end computers. Yes like the previous comment a 5450 will allow you to play the game, but just barely and im surprised that you don't lag the whole time. The amount of ram you have atm is just fine (especially if you are only running 32 bit OS). Only thing you can really try is to make sure overdrive is turned on through catalyst and lower the settings, or buy a better card.

I have another thing to inform , my grandmother is passing through a surgery costing about 1500$ ( 1 lakh Rupees) so i need a solution that dosent involve much money. ?Thank you


m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 23, 2013 10:41:39 AM

it's a everyday card, its not even a entry level gaming card trust me, i have one in my living room pc and it can barely play league of legends in team fights. those other games are older and optimized, but gta 4 has always had issues with lower end cards. Overdrive should automatically be turned on in your catalyst unless you turned it off. As for your cpu its enough for now not many games utilize more then 2 cores atm so its fine. But trust me getting a radeon 7770 or 7790 (entry level gaming graphics card) you will notice a HUGE increase for not that much money. You could drop settings down to low and make sure your drivers are up to date for a no cost way to see if that helps.
m
0
l
September 23, 2013 11:03:42 PM

HillBillyAsian said:
it's a everyday card, its not even a entry level gaming card trust me, i have one in my living room pc and it can barely play league of legends in team fights. those other games are older and optimized, but gta 4 has always had issues with lower end cards. Overdrive should automatically be turned on in your catalyst unless you turned it off. As for your cpu its enough for now not many games utilize more then 2 cores atm so its fine. But trust me getting a radeon 7770 or 7790 (entry level gaming graphics card) you will notice a HUGE increase for not that much money. You could drop settings down to low and make sure your drivers are up to date for a no cost way to see if that helps.

thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to buy it. Will 7770 do good for other games? . And is 5450 good for the upcoming games like
Gta V , Fifa 14 , Pes 2014 etc beacuse i have to suggest my friend which one to buy . Thanks for your help. Can you suggest from where i should buy it. Internet or stores?

m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 23, 2013 11:14:52 PM

Arghyadeep Chatterjee said:
HillBillyAsian said:
it's a everyday card, its not even a entry level gaming card trust me, i have one in my living room pc and it can barely play league of legends in team fights. those other games are older and optimized, but gta 4 has always had issues with lower end cards. Overdrive should automatically be turned on in your catalyst unless you turned it off. As for your cpu its enough for now not many games utilize more then 2 cores atm so its fine. But trust me getting a radeon 7770 or 7790 (entry level gaming graphics card) you will notice a HUGE increase for not that much money. You could drop settings down to low and make sure your drivers are up to date for a no cost way to see if that helps.

thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to buy it. Will 7770 do good for other games? . And is 5450 good for the upcoming games like
Gta V , Fifa 14 , Pes 2014 etc beacuse i have to suggest my friend which one to buy . Thanks for your help. Can you suggest from where i should buy it. Internet or stores?



you have to realize that the 5450 is almost 3 generations old, and odds are unless everything is set to low the games wouldnt be worth playing with such low fps. Buying a 7750,7770,7790 is all dependent where you live, shop around online to see if you can find a good deal (like one on sale) or check local shops if they have used video cards for sale for cheap.
m
0
l
September 25, 2013 5:11:40 AM

HillBillyAsian said:
Arghyadeep Chatterjee said:
HillBillyAsian said:
it's a everyday card, its not even a entry level gaming card trust me, i have one in my living room pc and it can barely play league of legends in team fights. those other games are older and optimized, but gta 4 has always had issues with lower end cards. Overdrive should automatically be turned on in your catalyst unless you turned it off. As for your cpu its enough for now not many games utilize more then 2 cores atm so its fine. But trust me getting a radeon 7770 or 7790 (entry level gaming graphics card) you will notice a HUGE increase for not that much money. You could drop settings down to low and make sure your drivers are up to date for a no cost way to see if that helps.

thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to buy it. Will 7770 do good for other games? . And is 5450 good for the upcoming games like
Gta V , Fifa 14 , Pes 2014 etc beacuse i have to suggest my friend which one to buy . Thanks for your help. Can you suggest from where i should buy it. Internet or stores?



you have to realize that the 5450 is almost 3 generations old, and odds are unless everything is set to low the games wouldnt be worth playing with such low fps. Buying a 7750,7770,7790 is all dependent where you live, shop around online to see if you can find a good deal (like one on sale) or check local shops if they have used video cards for sale for cheap.

Thanks for a solution

m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 25, 2013 5:40:50 AM

What power supply do you have?
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 11:06:49 PM

I bought it but still the same problem. It lags during night only at certain places. Otherwise it is fine . Please help
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 8, 2013 4:51:29 AM

Sounds like the game is loading?
m
0
l
October 11, 2013 2:13:37 PM

DISBALE WINODWS EVENT HANDLER service . it should do the trick . by the way , turn off VSYNC & lower the view distance & turn off the night shadows too you wont notice & need it at all .
m
0
l
!