7950 vs 760 and brands

chumichael129

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Hey, I am currently building a system based on the Q3 2013 of the Builder Marathon Link

I am changing the GPU around a bit, as I am going to run a dual monitor. One of the monitor will be used for gaming while the other one will be used for information, chat and such.

I am going back and forth between the 760 and 7950 due to performance and memory issues. A 7950 will probably run dual better, with 760 as the better performer.

As for the 760, which was the one I was doing some extra research for, I was undecided between the build's EVGA card or the MSI TwinFrozr Gaming OC Link

So if anyone can help me make a choice, or maybe suggest another card, that would be much appreciated.

Solution
I'd get the 7950 because they perform the same, and it is way cheaper. But if I were you, I'd wait for the new amd cards, it will be announced officially this week. But available around next month.
I'd take the 760 for reasons you stated as well as trouble-free multi-card gaming and Lightboost .... and yes, the MSO over the EVGA

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/motion_blur.htm

Might wanna see what happens after AMD releases next round of cards....should impact nVidia pricing and the value of the a 7950 bought today will go in the toilet soon after announcement. I expect AMD will have an answer to most of the multi card issues by XMas as 13.8 and 13.10 drivers are making progress.

chumichael129

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013

I usually look at non rebate prices as I am typically unable to purchase online, as shipping would cost me a fortune, and the rebates aren't valid locally. So yea...

Cryptik

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013

Because OP was asking about performance and brands. I commented on the on the brands part of his question.

rayden248

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

Pretty much every brand is good.

chumichael129

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013

yes, but when it comes to extreme budgeting, the brands have different ways of releasing their cards, usually resulting in up to a 10 fps difference for the similar price

True....but there are also physical differences between the cards.

-Reference cards
-Reference cards with factory overclock
-Reference cards with factory overclock and better coolers (i.e. EVGA SC series)
-Reference cards with factory overclock, better coolers, custom PCBs and beefed up VRM's (i.e. Gigabyte WindForce, MSI TWin Frozr / N Gaming Series, Asus DCII)
-Reference cards with factory overclock, better coolers, custom PCBs, beefed up VRM's and binned GPUS (i.e. Asus DCII TOP)
-Reference cards with factory overclock, better coolers, custom PCBs, beefed up VRM's and additional improvements (i.e. MSI Lightning)

TRENDING THREADS