Sign in with
Your question

£615 PC build for Multi-seat gaming

Last response: in Components
September 24, 2013 1:36:44 PM

I have £615 available to buy parts from any reliable UK site.
I want to game with my brother using just the one PC.
I need to buy one monitor and a keyboard and mouse as well as all the other components. I don't need a DVD drive, i don't need any OS.
I also have a couple of questions:

1. Would it be better to have an FX 6300 or an 8320 for multi seat gaming - i know they are basically the same except for the extra cores.

2. One graphics card or two - i could get one HD 7950 3GB or two graphics cards. Which is better for multi-seat gaming?

3. Whats the best motherboard (taking into account the above) for about £115?

Thank you.
September 24, 2013 1:48:17 PM

What games are you planning on playing?

Personally I've never seen or heard of having multiple people gaming on a single desktop PC, at least not on two separate games with separate monitors and keyboards.

As far as I know there isn't a way within windows to assign one keyboard/mouse/monitor as one "group" and a second keyboard/mouse/monitor as another group and having it keep the input/output separate between the two. I suppose it could be doable if using a hypervisor/virtual machines, but I don't know how well the GPU would handle two different 3d games at once.
Related resources
September 25, 2013 1:27:58 AM

Im planning on playing lots of games - battlefield, the witcher, skyrim
September 25, 2013 7:35:16 AM

menetlaus said:
What games are you planning on playing?

Personally I've never seen or heard of having multiple people gaming on a single desktop PC, at least not on two separate games with separate monitors and keyboards.

As far as I know there isn't a way within windows to assign one keyboard/mouse/monitor as one "group" and a second keyboard/mouse/monitor as another group and having it keep the input/output separate between the two. I suppose it could be doable if using a hypervisor/virtual machines, but I don't know how well the GPU would handle two different 3d games at once.

i could post a list of specs for you?
September 25, 2013 1:20:30 PM

Guys, i really need to know if i should go for the extra cores or not, im on a really tight budget.
October 24, 2013 7:08:48 AM

i've tried it with this spec using softxpand 2011
procie A10-6800k
mobo msi a85xma-e35
RAM 4gb 1600 kingston
work pretty well with pes 2014 and i dont use any discreet gpu to play, the problem is the sofxpand doesnt notice my gamepad cause im using ps2 pad with ps2 to usb
!