Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Budget wise board for Core i5 4430

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
September 25, 2013 9:21:09 AM

I want to build a new computer rig, i want a Core i5 4430 processor and Asus HD7770DC graphic card. Now, my question is what should be the best but budget wise motherboard for this? And i think it does need a Z87 chip set (i think Z87 was intended to 'K' series processor) if it requires Z87 please explain it to me :)  i will use that rig for multimedia (image/video processing ) and programming.



Board Choices :


Asus P8H77M-LE Intel H77/A/V/L/DDR3 [PHP 3,950]

MSI B85M-P33 [PHP 3,530]

MSI Z87-G43 [PHP 6,530]

** [PHP Price in the Philippines]
a b V Motherboard
September 25, 2013 9:56:33 AM

Z87 offers the overcloking capability for the k series and also some more high end options like sli support(note that almost every decent motherboard supports crossfire), bundled wifi cards, etc

i suggest asus h87 plus
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-h87plus

Note that i5 4430 belongs to the LGA 1150 socket type which is not backwards compatible with the LGA 1155 socket.

So Q77/H77/Z77 motherboards are not compatible with the 4th generation intel cpus like the i5 4430

if this motherboard doesn't fit you, search for motherboards with lga 1150 socket, preferably without the z87 chipset which will be useless for your cpu
m
0
l
September 25, 2013 10:11:34 AM

tonyzet said:
Z87 offers the overcloking capability for the k series and also some more high end options like sli support(note that almost every decent motherboard supports crossfire), bundled wifi cards, etc

i suggest asus h87 plus
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-h87plus

Note that i5 4430 belongs to the LGA 1150 socket type which is not backwards compatible with the LGA 1155 socket.

So Q77/H77/Z77 motherboards are not compatible with the 4th generation intel cpus like the i5 4430

if this motherboard doesn't fit you, search for motherboards with lga 1150 socket, preferably without the z87 chipset which will be useless for your cpu


Thanks for your response...
here is the board that available on my place http://www.msi.com/product/mb/H87M-G43.html
is that board will work good for my rig??
m
0
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
September 25, 2013 10:14:21 AM

Yes it will, but note that the form factor of the motherboard is M-ATX, so your case has to be compatible with that type of form
m
0
l
September 25, 2013 10:17:47 AM

tonyzet said:
Yes it will, but note that the form factor of the motherboard is M-ATX, so your case has to be compatible with that type of form


it's a M-TX?? As much as possible i want an ATX.. Does asus h87 plus is ATX?? And also what should be the memory should i buy? i want an 8GB ram
m
0
l
a c 261 V Motherboard
September 25, 2013 10:22:15 AM

Pick the B85 based motherboard. It has all the good features except cpu overclocking. Cheaper too
The H77 is socket 1155 and is not compatible with haswell.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
September 25, 2013 10:22:17 AM

Yes asus form factor is ATX
(it also comes with m-atx form so watch out during order!)
My personal favourite ram kit is Corsair Vengeance 2X4GB
m
0
l
September 25, 2013 10:31:21 AM

geofelt said:
Pick the B85 based motherboard. It has all the good features except cpu overclocking. Cheaper too
The H77 is socket 1155 and is not compatible with haswell.


Is this an ATX or m-TX? and also i think my processor is not haswell

tonyzet said:
Yes asus form factor is ATX
(it also comes with m-atx form so watch out during order!)
My personal favourite ram kit is Corsair Vengeance 2X4GB



Guys thanks for your response here is the difference between the price of the two boards you had mentioned.

MSI H87M-G43 [PHP 5,030] > MSI B85M-P33 [PHP 3,530]

which should i chose? what is the difference between the two? help me guys :( 

about the memory.. if corsair is not available which kingston memory can replace the ram you have mentioned above?
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
September 25, 2013 10:34:53 AM

RAM - Find kingston hyperx series
MOBO - I suggest the h87 model if you plan to pur more than 16gb of ram in your pc, otherwise go with the cheaper
m
0
l
September 25, 2013 10:39:54 AM

tonyzet said:
RAM - Find kingston hyperx series
MOBO - I suggest the h87 model if you plan to pur more than 16gb of ram in your pc, otherwise go with the cheaper


in terms of performance which is the best between the two?
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
September 25, 2013 10:43:45 AM

The differences will not be noticable, as it is mostly "hardware sugar".
m
0
l
September 25, 2013 10:44:57 AM

tonyzet said:
The differences will not be noticable, as it is mostly "hardware sugar".


so the two has equal support from the graphic card and the processor i had chosen?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
September 25, 2013 10:47:26 AM

The h87 chipset will utilize some aspects of yor hardware better than the b85 chipset.
For more check here :

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Z87-H87-H81-Q...

Its up to your needs and requirements from your machine...
Share
September 25, 2013 10:54:01 AM

tonyzet said:
The h87 chipset will utilize some aspects of yor hardware better than the b85 chipset.
For more check here :

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Z87-H87-H81-Q...

Its up to your needs and requirements from your machine...


thanks! now i know what board i should buy :) 
m
0
l
a c 261 V Motherboard
September 25, 2013 11:16:20 AM

M-ATX is a smaller(and usually less expensive) motherboard than ATX.
It will fit any ATX case. It only has 4 expansion slots vs. 7 for ATX.
Past the graphics card how many expansion slots might you need?
for most of us, that is n one.
m
0
l
October 22, 2013 10:11:59 AM

its been a month since i created this thread and still i can't find an ASUS H87M-Plus on my place... is it ok if i go with Asus Z87-A?? Any thoughts?
m
0
l
!