Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Building my own custom gaming rig, is this good for the price?

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 25, 2013 7:18:12 PM

Here are the specs,

Case: NZXT Guardian 921 RB ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt

Motherboard: ASRock MB-970EX4

CPU: AMD FX-6300

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB

RAM: Kingston Technology HyperX 8 GB

It's around $700. I like everything except I'm not sure about the GPU, is it a decent one? Any other recommendations for under $190. This is my first PC build, will all of it fit together?
September 25, 2013 7:23:04 PM

The GPU will play most all games comfortably at high settings.

I would change the PSU to an XFX 550w unit as the CX line from Corsair isn't the best.

Everything else looks good.
m
0
l
September 25, 2013 7:43:01 PM

Looks good, might want to throw in a CPU cooler, the Hyper 212 EVO is good and reasonable, do you have a OS
m
0
l
Related resources
September 25, 2013 7:45:50 PM

Tradesman1 said:
Looks good, might want to throw in a CPU cooler, the Hyper 212 EVO is good and reasonable, do you have a OS


Just going to use Win7 Home Premium, and I found one but just didn't include it with the specs, what about the Cooler Master Hyper TX3?
m
0
l
September 25, 2013 7:50:23 PM

Should be fine with that
m
0
l
September 25, 2013 7:51:23 PM

The hyper tx3 isn't great. The Hyper 212 EVO is AMAZING for the price.

But, if you aren't overclocking, the stock cooler will be fine.
m
0
l
September 25, 2013 8:36:49 PM

tiny voices said:
The hyper tx3 isn't great. The Hyper 212 EVO is AMAZING for the price.

But, if you aren't overclocking, the stock cooler will be fine.


Lots of reviews say the stock is loud, so I'm going to get an after market. And I don't plan on overclocking (As of right now)
m
0
l

Best solution

September 25, 2013 8:41:53 PM

LukeMaBoy said:
tiny voices said:
The hyper tx3 isn't great. The Hyper 212 EVO is AMAZING for the price.

But, if you aren't overclocking, the stock cooler will be fine.


Lots of reviews say the stock is loud, so I'm going to get an after market. And I don't plan on overclocking (As of right now)


GEt the hyper 212 evo. It is amazing for what it is and it is basically silent.
Share
!