Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Can't Decide Lenovo vs Asus

Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
Share
September 26, 2013 1:50:41 AM

hi, i'm planning to buy a new laptop at the end of the year and i'm considering these 2 laptops

Lenovo Z400 (nontouch)
I7 3612QM 2.1GHZ IVY
4GB RAM,
1TB HDD,
NVIDIA GT 740M 2GB

Asus K56CB (XX274H )
I7-3537u
8GB RAM/
1TB HDD/
GT740 4GB/

Lenovo one is 14" while Asus one is 15.6", and the games i wanted to play include Skyrim, HoN and some mmorpg/garena stuff. any thoughts? i'm really confused because asus has AWSM look while afair Lenovo's processor is more powerful because it's quad

More about : decide lenovo asus

a b D Laptop
September 26, 2013 2:29:48 AM

SengenSoma5 said:
hi, i'm planning to buy a new laptop at the end of the year and i'm considering these 2 laptops

Lenovo Z400 (nontouch)
I7 3612QM 2.1GHZ IVY
4GB RAM,
1TB HDD,
NVIDIA GT 740M 2GB

Asus K56CB (XX274H )
I7-3537u
8GB RAM/
1TB HDD/
GT740 4GB/

Lenovo one is 14" while Asus one is 15.6", and the games i wanted to play include Skyrim, HoN and some mmorpg/garena stuff. any thoughts? i'm really confused because asus has AWSM look while afair Lenovo's processor is more powerful because it's quad


Go for the lenovo as it obviously has a better processor.looks can be deceiving sometimes.what important is the components inside.no doubt the asus looks better but performance wise go for the lenovo.
m
0
l
September 26, 2013 2:37:46 AM

kookie3010 said:
SengenSoma5 said:
hi, i'm planning to buy a new laptop at the end of the year and i'm considering these 2 laptops

Lenovo Z400 (nontouch)
I7 3612QM 2.1GHZ IVY
4GB RAM,
1TB HDD,
NVIDIA GT 740M 2GB

Asus K56CB (XX274H )
I7-3537u
8GB RAM/
1TB HDD/
GT740 4GB/

Lenovo one is 14" while Asus one is 15.6", and the games i wanted to play include Skyrim, HoN and some mmorpg/garena stuff. any thoughts? i'm really confused because asus has AWSM look while afair Lenovo's processor is more powerful because it's quad


Go for the lenovo as it obviously has a better processor.looks can be deceiving sometimes.what important is the components inside.no doubt the asus looks better but performance wise go for the lenovo.


what about the graphic card? i didn't know GT 740m has a 4GB variant. will that be much of a compromise?
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b D Laptop
September 26, 2013 2:40:37 AM

SengenSoma5 said:
kookie3010 said:
SengenSoma5 said:
hi, i'm planning to buy a new laptop at the end of the year and i'm considering these 2 laptops

Lenovo Z400 (nontouch)
I7 3612QM 2.1GHZ IVY
4GB RAM,
1TB HDD,
NVIDIA GT 740M 2GB

Asus K56CB (XX274H )
I7-3537u
8GB RAM/
1TB HDD/
GT740 4GB/

Lenovo one is 14" while Asus one is 15.6", and the games i wanted to play include Skyrim, HoN and some mmorpg/garena stuff. any thoughts? i'm really confused because asus has AWSM look while afair Lenovo's processor is more powerful because it's quad


Go for the lenovo as it obviously has a better processor.looks can be deceiving sometimes.what important is the components inside.no doubt the asus looks better but performance wise go for the lenovo.


what about the graphic card? i didn't know GT 740m has a 4GB variant. will that be much of a compromise?


Its not really a big compromise.if u are not running multiple monitor or playing games at really high res 2gb is decent.what important is the core speed and bandwith.
Share
a b D Laptop
a b Ĉ ASUS
September 26, 2013 2:54:02 AM

Lenovo, has a stronger CPU, but up the memory to 8GB.
m
0
l
September 26, 2013 2:56:12 AM

so as long as i don't use multiple monitors (which i don't), i'll be fine with 2GB? what about HDMI to external TV? will that affect anything?
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
September 26, 2013 3:00:23 AM

Yes u will be fine.Connecting.it.to an external tv wont change anything
m
0
l
September 26, 2013 3:08:27 AM

Thanks again! i'll think i'm going to stick with the Lenovo one now. thank you very much for your help! :D 
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
September 26, 2013 3:10:20 AM

SengenSoma5 said:
Thanks again! i'll think i'm going to stick with the Lenovo one now. thank you very much for your help! :D 


No problem.hope u will enjoy ur lenovo.
m
0
l
November 20, 2013 7:12:18 AM

Reliability-wise, go for Lenovo ONLY if you can get THINKPAD series. Otherwise, go for ASUS as they are built very well for quality and error-less. Other series of LENOVO (Other than Thinkpad) are pretty much in comparison to ACER/DELL quality.

I, myself just purchased ASUS K56CB-XX262D (GT740M-2GB) with DOS OS. I installed Windows 7 Ultimate x86 with DriverPackSolution13 to install the drivers, and they failed me (caused blue-screen error couple times) before i gave p and personally emailed Asus customer support (just happened on 18/11/13), in less than 12 hours got the replies and problem solved. Now, i'm happily using ASUS K56CB 24 hours non-stop so far with no overheat yet. Audio is loud and clear (Sonic Master audio)
m
0
l
November 20, 2013 9:32:51 PM

arfandy said:
Reliability-wise, go for Lenovo ONLY if you can get THINKPAD series. Otherwise, go for ASUS as they are built very well for quality and error-less. Other series of LENOVO (Other than Thinkpad) are pretty much in comparison to ACER/DELL quality.

I, myself just purchased ASUS K56CB-XX262D (GT740M-2GB) with DOS OS. I installed Windows 7 Ultimate x86 with DriverPackSolution13 to install the drivers, and they failed me (caused blue-screen error couple times) before i gave p and personally emailed Asus customer support (just happened on 18/11/13), in less than 12 hours got the replies and problem solved. Now, i'm happily using ASUS K56CB 24 hours non-stop so far with no overheat yet. Audio is loud and clear (Sonic Master audio)


thank you for your input. i still haven't bought the lenovo one yet. so even the idepad series is just on par with acer/dell quality? it's just that i am still unsure of transitioning to a larger screen. since i own a 14" asus k43sj right now. but i must admit the k56cb is a relatively slimmer one than Lenovo. i might have to find more reviews for Lenovo then
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
November 21, 2013 12:22:27 AM

which is better ASUS G46VW-BSI5N06 or IDEAPAD Z500
59-380480
m
0
l
November 21, 2013 4:15:17 AM

Couple weeks ago i decided to buy Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E431 14" display. Then end up with Asus K56CB instead (with the same price as Thinkpad Edge E431). Other than slightly better angle of view (15" vs 14"), i must say the weight isn't that much different. As far as google result shows, Lenovo Ideapad and other non-Thinkpad series are pretty much on par with Acer Aspire/Dell Inspiron series but slightly better quality than HP laptops. While Asus, all types of their laptops are carefully inspected before being ship out (probably this is the main reason the price is almost similar to Thinkpad series)
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
November 22, 2013 11:12:24 AM

go for asus better cooling system...and it has better performance ,i am also facing same problem which to chose but its between sony vaio fit 15 and lenovo z500 both have 740gm ,and 4gb variant is no big deal...in my country asus model is not avail ...good luck
m
0
l
!