HD 7750 DisplayPort not working

TheBrexas

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
My graphic card sapphire hd 7750 has 3 outputs, 1 DVI, 1 mHDMI, 1 DisplayPort. So I have been using my DVI output with an VGA conversor that came with the graphic card with a single monitor working OK until now, but I now have another monitor that I want to use in order to have dual monitors. I got a DisplayPort > DVI conversor and a DVI > VGA in order to be able to plug it (since the new monitor does not have a DVI input), but my computer won't detect the new monitor no matter what, not in Catalyst Control Center neither in Windows' control panel in display options.

I know the new DVI > VGA works because I have tried it with the older monitor. Any ideas? Thanks in advance and excuse my english.

Smawell

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
So basically you're trying to convert a digital signal coming out of the DP>DVI into a analog signal with the DVI>VGA converter. Sadly, this will not work with a DP. However, it will work coming out of your DVI port on the card as it's a DVI-D port that accepts both digital and analog signals. You will need to find some sort of Display port to VGA adapter, make sure it's "active". Either that, or invest in a new monitor with a DVI port. They are surprisingly cheap and getting cheaper. Hope this helps!