Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Building a gaming PC would like to know if all the components are compatible.

Last response: in Components
Share
September 26, 2013 10:29:45 AM

Hey all,

I am building my first gaming PC and would like to know if all the parts I plan on getting work together and what you think of the set up?


Cooler Master HAF 912 Adv. Midi Tower
Asus Z87-A
Intel Core i7 4770K Quad Core
Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600MHz 8GB
Corsair 120mm Hydro Series H80i
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB OEM
Western Digital 1TB internal Hard Drive
ASUS DVD Writer, DRW-24B5ST -
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Classified CUDA
Corsair TX 850W PSU

If there is any advice or tips please let me know, any feed back is appreciated! Thanks in advance.
a b 4 Gaming
September 26, 2013 10:38:11 AM

your mobo???
m
0
l
September 26, 2013 10:46:04 AM

badboyrog said:
your mobo???


Asus Z87-A didnt see I forgot that! lol
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
September 26, 2013 10:52:33 AM

thats a really good rig for gaming... but you can save some $ with bying a i5-4670K instead
m
0
l
September 26, 2013 11:06:54 AM

badboyrog said:
thats a really good rig for gaming... but you can save some $ with bying a i5-4670K instead



OK thanks a lot for the quick response. So there is no huge substantial difference in terms of gaming between the two processors?
m
0
l

Best solution

September 26, 2013 11:54:00 AM

Friis89 said:
badboyrog said:
thats a really good rig for gaming... but you can save some $ with bying a i5-4670K instead



OK thanks a lot for the quick response. So there is no huge substantial difference in terms of gaming between the two processors?

No, you will not notice any increase in performance regarding the 4770k, check this out for more details http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?it... . By the way, i think this psu is overkill for these specs( if you consider getting the 4670k), unless you are planning to sli in the future and dont want to spend money on new psu.
Share
September 26, 2013 7:23:56 PM

rubidium said:
Friis89 said:
badboyrog said:
thats a really good rig for gaming... but you can save some $ with bying a i5-4670K instead



OK thanks a lot for the quick response. So there is no huge substantial difference in terms of gaming between the two processors?

No, you will not notice any increase in performance regarding the 4770k, check this out for more details http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?it... . By the way, i think this psu is overkill for these specs( if you consider getting the 4670k), unless you are planning to sli in the future and dont want to spend money on new psu.


Thanks for the link, it was helpful. I do not intended on having SLI in the future, which PSU do you recommend? someone had told me that the TX series was better than the CX.
m
0
l
September 27, 2013 4:54:33 AM

rubidium said:
Since your cpu is consuming 100W, your gpu 200W, and some other things will draw up power, then i dont think what so ever that you will need a psu about 650W (especially you mentioned you have no intentions for SLI). Here are some high quality 650w psus, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Thanks a lot for the reply I will look at them, I can save some cash now as well!
m
0
l
November 13, 2013 8:43:26 PM

There's not much difference between the i7 4770K and the i5 4670K with respect to gaming. They'll both perform excellently, and they're both unlocked processors so you can squeeze more juice out of them if you need it.

All in all, it looks like you've got the right idea in terms of the not-so-easily-replaceable hardware (MB, CPU). The H80i will do an excellent job of cooling the Haswell (which runs hot anyway), up to about a ~4.5GHz overclock. The H80i is a thick cooler since it has twice the fans, and twice the radiator as it's younger brother (H60), so make sure you can mount it safely in the case without interfering with anything inside.
m
0
l
!