Graphics Card doesn't fit!

I just got my card today. Its a sapphire hd 7750. I was going to put it into my acer aspire X1420g but it doesn't fit. Am I doing something wrong? Does it actually fit and i'm an idiot?
18 answers Last reply
More about graphics card fit
  1. D_Hickey_99 said:
    I just got my card today. Its a sapphire hd 7750. I was going to put it into my acer aspire X1420g but it doesn't fit. Am I doing something wrong? Does it actually fit and i'm an idiot?


    As in it's too long or it wont go into the slot? The slot should look like the one in the middle on this image..



    Link to image: http://www.pcityourself.com/images/content/choosing/pciDiagram.jpg
  2. DiaSin said:
    D_Hickey_99 said:
    I just got my card today. Its a sapphire hd 7750. I was going to put it into my acer aspire X1420g but it doesn't fit. Am I doing something wrong? Does it actually fit and i'm an idiot?


    As in it's too long or it wont go into the slot?


    I think its too long. The end is getting stuck on the disk drive. I couldn't even get to the point to where I could try to put it in the slot.
  3. D_Hickey_99 said:
    DiaSin said:
    D_Hickey_99 said:
    I just got my card today. Its a sapphire hd 7750. I was going to put it into my acer aspire X1420g but it doesn't fit. Am I doing something wrong? Does it actually fit and i'm an idiot?


    As in it's too long or it wont go into the slot?


    I think its too long. The end is getting stuck on the disk drive. I couldn't even get to the point to where I could try to put it in the slot.


    Yeah, you need a bigger case.
  4. Although your computer has the correct PCIe x16 slot, the small form factor case is the issue. You may need a shorter card.
  5. DiaSin said:
    D_Hickey_99 said:
    I just got my card today. Its a sapphire hd 7750. I was going to put it into my acer aspire X1420g but it doesn't fit. Am I doing something wrong? Does it actually fit and i'm an idiot?


    As in it's too long or it wont go into the slot? The slot should look like the one in the middle on this image..



    Link to image: http://www.pcityourself.com/images/content/choosing/pciDiagram.jpg


    It looks like the third one on my motherboard. Someone on here suggested the card and said it would fit. I guess not.
  6. RealBeast said:
    Although your computer has the correct PCIe x16 slot, the small form factor case is the issue. You may need a shorter card.


    Do you know what kind of card would fit into my pc?
  7. If you do not want to move into a bigger case, I would suggest returning the 7750 and getting something like this. This should fit. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130838
  8. DiaSin said:
    If you do not want to move into a bigger case, I would suggest returning the 7750 and getting something like this. This should fit. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130838


    I got the 7750 for $90. That was sort of the price range that I was stuck with. I guess I am going to have to return it.
  9. D_Hickey_99 said:
    DiaSin said:
    If you do not want to move into a bigger case, I would suggest returning the 7750 and getting something like this. This should fit. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130838


    I got the 7750 for $90. That was sort of the price range that I was stuck with. I guess I am going to have to return it.



    Is this shorter? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102969
  10. DiaSin said:
    D_Hickey_99 said:
    DiaSin said:
    If you do not want to move into a bigger case, I would suggest returning the 7750 and getting something like this. This should fit. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130838


    I got the 7750 for $90. That was sort of the price range that I was stuck with. I guess I am going to have to return it.



    Is this shorter? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102969


    No, that's the one that I just purchased.
  11. D_Hickey_99 said:
    DiaSin said:
    D_Hickey_99 said:
    DiaSin said:
    If you do not want to move into a bigger case, I would suggest returning the 7750 and getting something like this. This should fit. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130838


    I got the 7750 for $90. That was sort of the price range that I was stuck with. I guess I am going to have to return it.



    Is this shorter? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102969


    No, that's the one that I just purchased.



    Ok.. I can't find any pictures of the inside of that model.. Can you take a picture straight on from the side with the side-panel removed? That card is barely longer than the slot, I cannot see why it would not fit.
  12. DiaSin said:
    D_Hickey_99 said:
    DiaSin said:
    D_Hickey_99 said:
    DiaSin said:
    If you do not want to move into a bigger case, I would suggest returning the 7750 and getting something like this. This should fit. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130838


    I got the 7750 for $90. That was sort of the price range that I was stuck with. I guess I am going to have to return it.



    Is this shorter? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102969


    No, that's the one that I just purchased.



    Ok.. I can't find any pictures of the inside of that model.. Can you take a picture straight on from the side with the side-panel removed? That card is barely longer than the slot, I cannot see why it would not fit.


    Yes, its gonna take about 10 min so give me that long lol
  13. You can find plenty of pics on google. It requires a single slot low profile card. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202002

  14. k1114 said:
    You can find plenty of pics on google. It requires a single slot design.



    Ok. That looks like it needs not only single slot but low profile design...This looks like the best fit.. If it turns out it IS low profile, all you have to do is remove the full size bracket, unplug the VGA cable from the PCB and only use the single-width low-profile bracket.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131509
  15. DiaSin said:
    k1114 said:
    You can find plenty of pics on google. It requires a single slot design.



    Ok. That looks like it needs not only single slot but low profile design...This looks like the best fit.. If it turns out it IS low profile, all you have to do is remove the full size bracket, unplug the VGA cable from the PCB and only use the single-width low-profile bracket.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131509


    On the current card or the one you just provided? Also, my card didn't come with a single bracket, it came with a bigger one.
  16. D_Hickey_99 said:
    DiaSin said:
    k1114 said:
    You can find plenty of pics on google. It requires a single slot design.



    Ok. That looks like it needs not only single slot but low profile design...This looks like the best fit.. If it turns out it IS low profile, all you have to do is remove the full size bracket, unplug the VGA cable from the PCB and only use the single-width low-profile bracket.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131509


    On the current card or the one you just provided? Also, my card didn't come with a single bracket, it came with a bigger one.


    On the one I just linked. I suggest returning the double-wide card you bought and getting the one I linked. Its really the only option I can find thats modular enough to fit your case.
  17. DiaSin said:
    D_Hickey_99 said:
    DiaSin said:
    k1114 said:
    You can find plenty of pics on google. It requires a single slot design.



    Ok. That looks like it needs not only single slot but low profile design...This looks like the best fit.. If it turns out it IS low profile, all you have to do is remove the full size bracket, unplug the VGA cable from the PCB and only use the single-width low-profile bracket.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131509


    On the current card or the one you just provided? Also, my card didn't come with a single bracket, it came with a bigger one.


    On the one I just linked. I suggest returning the double-wide card you bought and getting the one I liked. Its really the only option I can find thats modular enough to fit your case.



    Well, its the best thing I guess. Thanks for all your help, and does the card you suggested come with the smaller bracket?
Ask a new question

Read More

Aspire Graphics Cards Sapphire Graphics