Solved

would my build need an i7 4770k

will my build run the same on a i5 460k as a i7 477k what would be the improvements i would see if i got the i7
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1HVEQ
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build 4770k
  1. Depends on what you are using the system for. Gaming, generally, the i5 is a better choice. Some games take advantage of HT of the i7, but they are few and far between.
  2. If you will be mainly gaming, the i7 only performs un-noticably better, since it has a little more cache. The HT would only be utilized if you are doing a LOT of multitasking or running VM's or other applications that will use all the threads.

    nice build btw
  3. ittimjones said:
    If you will be mainly gaming, the i7 only performs un-noticably better, since it has a little more cache. The HT would only be utilized if you are doing a LOT of multitasking or running VM's or other applications that will use all the threads.

    nice build btw


    thank you and i will bee gaming on it i just wanted to save money but not sacrifice the performance.
  4. Best answer
    Mr abadaba said:
    ittimjones said:
    If you will be mainly gaming, the i7 only performs un-noticably better, since it has a little more cache. The HT would only be utilized if you are doing a LOT of multitasking or running VM's or other applications that will use all the threads.

    nice build btw


    thank you and i will bee gaming on it i just wanted to save money but not sacrifice the performance.


    Than just stick with the i5. It won't be worth it to you to spend the extra $100 on the miniscule performance gain in gaming.
  5. ittimjones said:
    Mr abadaba said:
    ittimjones said:
    If you will be mainly gaming, the i7 only performs un-noticably better, since it has a little more cache. The HT would only be utilized if you are doing a LOT of multitasking or running VM's or other applications that will use all the threads.

    nice build btw


    thank you and i will bee gaming on it i just wanted to save money but not sacrifice the performance.


    Than just stick with the i5. It won't be worth it to you to spend the extra $100 on the miniscule performance gain in gaming.


    ok sounds cool thanks for the help
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel i7 Build Intel i5 CPUs