Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

will pcie 1.1 bottleneck gtx 770?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 26, 2013 1:55:10 PM

i checked my chipset info, after i recently bought a gtx 770, and after what i understood it had a pcie 1.1 interface, will this severly bottleneck my gpu, or will it just run a little slower but still be able to handle at max settings and that kind of stuff.

sincerely redrei

Best solution

September 26, 2013 2:03:39 PM

PCIe is backward compatible so that PCIe 3.0 card should work on your system. There also shouldn't be a noticeable performance difference.
How about your CPU though?
Share
September 26, 2013 2:06:18 PM

AGx-07_162 said:
PCIe is backward compatible so that PCIe 3.0 card should work on your system. There also shouldn't be a noticeable performance difference.
How about your CPU though?


it is a intel cor 2 quad q9300, but i aren't going to do any multiplayer gaming, so i think it should work fine of what i have understood from other posts...
m
0
l
Related resources
September 26, 2013 2:07:15 PM

i wish i could find how much bandwidth the gtx 770 uses. pcie 3 has about 984 mb/s bandwidth im pretty sure, then pcie 2 is about half that and then pcie 1 is about half as much as pci 2. so it all depends how much bandwidth it needs
m
0
l
September 26, 2013 2:08:50 PM

cjcj11 said:
i wish i could find how much bandwidth the gtx 770 uses. pcie 3 has about 984 mb/s bandwidth im pretty sure, then pcie 2 is about half that and then pcie 1 is about half as much as pci 2. so it all depends how much bandwidth it needs


224 gb/s
m
0
l
September 26, 2013 2:14:49 PM

Redrei said:
cjcj11 said:
i wish i could find how much bandwidth the gtx 770 uses. pcie 3 has about 984 mb/s bandwidth im pretty sure, then pcie 2 is about half that and then pcie 1 is about half as much as pci 2. so it all depends how much bandwidth it needs


224 gb/s


im talking about the amount of data that needs to travel through the pcie slot in order to run at max capacity
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 26, 2013 2:16:25 PM

Waste of time buying that GPU with that CPU. Time for a mobo/CPU swap by the look of it.
m
0
l
September 26, 2013 2:18:08 PM

cookybiscuit said:
Waste of time buying that GPU with that CPU. Time for a mobo/CPU swap by the look of it.


i plan to upgrade my cpu, ram and mobo next year, maybe after the release of kaveri APU, but right no i lack the funds.
m
0
l
a c 100 U Graphics card
September 26, 2013 2:28:07 PM

3-5% max loss on your performance. plug it in and enjoy.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 26, 2013 2:34:41 PM

Redrei said:
cookybiscuit said:
Waste of time buying that GPU with that CPU. Time for a mobo/CPU swap by the look of it.


i plan to upgrade my cpu, ram and mobo next year, maybe after the release of kaveri APU, but right no i lack the funds.

Buy that stuff now and wait for Maxwell, a 770 is going to be severely bottlenecked by that CPU.

m
0
l
September 26, 2013 2:42:50 PM

what motherboard do you have? a question that should be asked is what speed does your 1.1 run at. assuming its x16 but if it runs at x4 (not likely at all) there will be big performance losses. theres always the chance
m
0
l
!