Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is it possible to use a nvidia and amd cards at the same time?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 26, 2013 5:01:57 PM

I just received a low profile amd gpu and had already owned a nvidia gpu (mid way). I will temporarily be using a single monitor and will be running it off of the nvidia card. Will it work?

btw the amd card is a radeon hd 5570 and the nvidia a gtx 650 card.

More about : nvidia amd cards time

September 26, 2013 5:03:36 PM

Yes, as long as the AMD and Nvidia drivers play nice together, shouldn't have any problems!
m
0
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a b À AMD
September 26, 2013 5:17:22 PM

It will work. But why you need to add that radeon to your system? Is it to drive more monitors? Afaik 650 alone should be able to handle up to 4 monitor
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b À AMD
September 26, 2013 5:26:45 PM

Swervingwall5 said:
I just received a low profile amd gpu and had already owned a nvidia gpu (mid way). I will temporarily be using a single monitor and will be running it off of the nvidia card. Will it work?

btw the amd card is a radeon hd 5570 and the nvidia a gtx 650 card.


It will work with Windows 7 and Windows 8. It will not work with Windows Vista
m
0
l
September 26, 2013 7:06:09 PM

renz496 said:
It will work. But why you need to add that radeon to your system? Is it to drive more monitors? Afaik 650 alone should be able to handle up to 4 monitor


Well I'm talking performance wise, will it boost my performence?

m
0
l

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
a b À AMD
September 26, 2013 11:59:06 PM

Swervingwall5 said:
renz496 said:
It will work. But why you need to add that radeon to your system? Is it to drive more monitors? Afaik 650 alone should be able to handle up to 4 monitor


Well I'm talking performance wise, will it boost my performence?



It will not. Usually radeon user add nvidia card to their system so they can turn on physx acceleration feature that can only be run using nvidia gpu albeit they need hacked geforce driver because nvidia intentionally block gpu accelerated physx being use in such way. For nvidia user there is no benefit to add radeon gpu into their system unless they want to use more monitor that their primary gpu can support
Share
December 28, 2013 12:47:41 AM

renz496 said:
Swervingwall5 said:
renz496 said:
It will work. But why you need to add that radeon to your system? Is it to drive more monitors? Afaik 650 alone should be able to handle up to 4 monitor


Well I'm talking performance wise, will it boost my performence?



It will not. Usually radeon user add nvidia card to their system so they can turn on physx acceleration feature that can only be run using nvidia gpu albeit they need hacked geforce driver because nvidia intentionally block gpu accelerated physx being use in such way. For nvidia user there is no benefit to add radeon gpu into their system unless they want to use more monitor that their primary gpu can support


yes alright,
I'm currenly a AMD user (6870) and I'm thinking about buying a Nvidia 660, can I use my AMD to enable for example TressFX for my Tomb Raider game ??
By the way I'm using a triple monitor setup (2 monitors and 1 cloned TV) with my primary monitor and TV on my AMD and my secondary on my onboard intel hd graphics
And does anybody has experience with a nvidia shield console in this kind of setup ??

Thanks in advance,
Dennis
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b À AMD
December 28, 2013 3:14:09 AM

laandennis said:
renz496 said:
Swervingwall5 said:
renz496 said:
It will work. But why you need to add that radeon to your system? Is it to drive more monitors? Afaik 650 alone should be able to handle up to 4 monitor


Well I'm talking performance wise, will it boost my performence?



It will not. Usually radeon user add nvidia card to their system so they can turn on physx acceleration feature that can only be run using nvidia gpu albeit they need hacked geforce driver because nvidia intentionally block gpu accelerated physx being use in such way. For nvidia user there is no benefit to add radeon gpu into their system unless they want to use more monitor that their primary gpu can support


yes alright,
I'm currenly a AMD user (6870) and I'm thinking about buying a Nvidia 660, can I use my AMD to enable for example TressFX for my Tomb Raider game ??
By the way I'm using a triple monitor setup (2 monitors and 1 cloned TV) with my primary monitor and TV on my AMD and my secondary on my onboard intel hd graphics
And does anybody has experience with a nvidia shield console in this kind of setup ??

Thanks in advance,
Dennis


tress FX did not need specific hardware to work. it is gpu accelerated but it will work on amd and nvidia graphic card.
m
0
l
June 2, 2014 3:12:41 AM

renz496 said:
Swervingwall5 said:
renz496 said:
It will work. But why you need to add that radeon to your system? Is it to drive more monitors? Afaik 650 alone should be able to handle up to 4 monitor


Well I'm talking performance wise, will it boost my performence?



It will not. Usually radeon user add nvidia card to their system so they can turn on physx acceleration feature that can only be run using nvidia gpu albeit they need hacked geforce driver because nvidia intentionally block gpu accelerated physx being use in such way. For nvidia user there is no benefit to add radeon gpu into their system unless they want to use more monitor that their primary gpu can support


Most AMD's cards are running better, it's just because games like ARMA are making there game for Nvidia, while the bigger games makes it for Both AMD and Nvidia
m
0
l
!