Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

No Video Please Help. Cpu and gpu fans spin.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 26, 2013 7:59:02 PM

Before you refer me i went through the checklist.
So i rerouted some cables on my gaming pc and then it booted fine. I looked and one of my fans was not spinning. So i hooked it up with some weird passthrough adapter that i hadnt used before long story short i created a bad circuit and the computer wouldnt spin up just came on for for an instant.

After that i removed the fans and the gpu and cpu fan spins up.
But i have no video. Im using a asus M5a97 motherboard. those are numbers i found on it i cant find the box anymore.
It has no onboard graphics card and im using a nvidea geforx gii-550 graphics card.

Soo After possibly creating a short in my fan circuit i get fans spinning (cpu and gpu) but cannot get video.
Tried using another slot, tried vga and hdmi still no signal.
Have reseated ram and tried using a single stick.
Have checked connections i may have stretched one of the connectors too far but the cable is what looks messed up and it just goes to my front usb port, power buttons on a seperate cable.

I dont have a speaker for my motherboard so i dont know about the beeps, looking into borrowing one from a friend.

Any advise would be appreciated.
a c 204 4 Gaming
September 26, 2013 8:02:30 PM

I don't know what a "Vihookdeo" is .... and not sure that the result of yoiur mishap was .... could you explain a bit ?

"the gpu and cpu fan spins up" and what doesn't happen ?

what components are we dealing with ?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
September 26, 2013 8:12:37 PM

have you tried clearing the cmos???
m
0
l
Related resources
September 26, 2013 8:13:14 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
I don't know what a "Vihookdeo" is .... and not sure that the result of yoiur mishap was .... could you explain a bit ?

"the gpu and cpu fan spins up" and what doesn't happen ?

what components are we dealing with ?


I hit submit too early cause i thought it would give me a preview. I have updated it with the rest of the information
m
0
l
September 26, 2013 8:15:16 PM

smorizio said:
have you tried clearing the cmos???


I have not, Would removing and reseating the battery do it?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
September 26, 2013 8:19:41 PM

it easyer to pull power from the wall and move the cmos jumper.
m
0
l
September 26, 2013 8:26:15 PM

Removed and reseated cmos battery. Waited about a minute with it off before putting it back on, still no video.

I also should mention my mobo has a the green light lit up on it.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
September 26, 2013 8:29:20 PM

check that the cpu power cable is connected. try unpluging all of the fans to see if one has a dead short. check for burnt parts on your mb. if you have too take your mb out of the case and see if with one stick of ram the gpu and power it post.
m
0
l
September 26, 2013 8:41:25 PM

smorizio said:
check that the cpu power cable is connected. try unpluging all of the fans to see if one has a dead short. check for burnt parts on your mb. if you have too take your mb out of the case and see if with one stick of ram the gpu and power it post.

Thanks for the quick replys. The power cables definetly in gpu, cpu, and mobo. I had went down to one stick a little after the issue started, I have all fans not plugged directly into the motherboard unplugged, ill go about unplugging those just incase.

Im wondering if the cpu is actually getting power i definetly stretched that cable just a bit but i dont think i put any strain on it its two four pin connectors do you know of a way i can test those i can get access to a multimeter.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
September 26, 2013 9:00:04 PM

on a power supply if it working the blacks are grounds. the others would have 3.3 5 or 12v on them if the unit working. on your mb see if there any other fault led on. some mb have post it leds. if not see if a friend or a shop can toss in a post it card to see if your rig posting or you took out the power supply or the mb.
m
0
l
October 14, 2013 9:05:15 AM

smorizio said:
on a power supply if it working the blacks are grounds. the others would have 3.3 5 or 12v on them if the unit working. on your mb see if there any other fault led on. some mb have post it leds. if not see if a friend or a shop can toss in a post it card to see if your rig posting or you took out the power supply or the mb.


I took the power supply to a shop and had it tested they said all the voltages were good. So i called asus after getting a 4 pin speaker, was getting no post beeps. Sent it in for an rma. Waiting for it to come back. Sorry for the late reply
m
0
l
!