My boot time from power on is 33 seconds. 30 if you only count from when the "Starting Windows" screen logo appears. From after 30/33 secs I can basically start opening programs and doing stuff.
I get the impression this initial boot time is slow? Was much faster before I installed everything non-essential.
- I went through Sean's Win 7 Optimization Guide for SSDs immeidately after installing Win 7 & drivers.
- As far as startup programs go, fairly sure I have no junk there: AVG antivirus tray, Comodo firewall tray, then some Intel/nVidia/sound driver stuff.
- SATA mode is AHCI, many suggest that anything else is slower
- Fast boot option on the mobo does not make a difference (think its only meant to apply to pre-windows loading boot time anyway, which is more or less instant, i.e., it gets to the windows loading screen immediately)
- I've run a MalwareBytes scan, CCleaner etc
I timed it, 50 seconds. And that is an honest real world time, waiting till the meter drops to zero. And fair amount of programs installed (although not all are on the SSD). I'm still used to HDD only systems. My laptop or PC's at work, for example. So to me a 50 sec. boot time seems very snappy.