Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Asus nvidia geforce gt 630 doesn't seem to work with my gigabyte ga-78lmt usb3 Motherboard

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Gigabyte
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
September 28, 2013 7:49:05 AM

I have purchased a barebones system and transfered my components to it. The old system has a gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 , dual core intel processor (I honestly don't remember which one, just that it was a celeron), and had 4 gigs 1333 ram. I moved the ram, graphics card (gt 630) and hdd(s) to the new build.

The new build is as follows:

Processor: AMD FX 8350 Vishera
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
Ram: 10 gigs 1333Mhz { (1) 4gig stick, and (3) 2gig sticks}
Hdd: 2 (older) Western Digital Caviar Black 1Tb
Cooling: Corsair H60 closed liquid cooling

The old system worked with the asus nvidia geforce gt 630 beautifully. I put it into the new system and nothing but a post beep that lasted about half a second longer than the normal post beep.

I tried switching to an older graphics card that I happen to have laying around (a HIS 1 gig IceQ Ati card) and it worked. When I switched the graphics cards the nvidia still isn't working, just the longer post beep and that's it. It does have a 3 year warranty so I guess that is a good thing.

I would appreciate any help I can get on this. I searched the threads looking for something similar to this but haven't come across anything (or my blind a** missed it). Hoping that the card hasn't gone bad since I have only had it for a month and had bought it primarily for this build and used it in my other rig only for a couple weeks until I purchased and recieved the new build.

Help?

More about : asus nvidia geforce 630 work gigabyte 78lmt usb3 motherboard

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 28, 2013 9:11:56 AM

did u delete amd driver and install Nvidia driver when u installed GT630?
m
0
l
September 28, 2013 9:37:20 AM

Anonymous said:
did u delete amd driver and install Nvidia driver when u installed GT630?


No. I didn't know I had to do that. I'm running a fresh install.
Not sure how to go about doing that but there are plenty of youtube videos on how to do it I'm sure... let me see what i can find out.

Update: reinitialized the installation process and it seems to be working so far.
m
0
l
Related resources
September 28, 2013 10:35:54 AM

Ok... I have uninstalled the ATI radeon 3000 AMD graphics drivers and was able to install the graphics tweak program that came on the disk for the GT630 but still unable to use the card. The motherboard reinstalled the AMD graphics drivers after the 3rd time I restarted the computer.
m
0
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 28, 2013 10:36:42 AM

ogremage1 said:
Anonymous said:
did u delete amd driver and install Nvidia driver when u installed GT630?


No. I didn't know I had to do that. I'm running a fresh install.
Not sure how to go about doing that but there are plenty of youtube videos on how to do it I'm sure... let me see what i can find out.

Update: reinitialized the installation process and it seems to be working so far.


AMD driver doesnt work with GT 630, you should delete first the AMD driver.
Then install Nvidia driver for GT630.
m
0
l
September 28, 2013 10:46:02 AM

Anonymous said:
ogremage1 said:
Anonymous said:
did u delete amd driver and install Nvidia driver when u installed GT630?


No. I didn't know I had to do that. I'm running a fresh install.
Not sure how to go about doing that but there are plenty of youtube videos on how to do it I'm sure... let me see what i can find out.

Update: reinitialized the installation process and it seems to be working so far.


AMD driver doesnt work with GT 630, you should delete first the AMD driver.
Then install Nvidia driver for GT630.


I know and am trying it again....
m
0
l
September 28, 2013 10:52:44 AM

comes up as failed to load dll please install VGA drivers and still won't let me use anything other than onboard graphics

So far (this is the second time I have rebooted) it hasn't shown as reinstalling the ATI graphics yet

I'm still getting the longer post beep. Other than that... nothing
m
0
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 28, 2013 10:56:54 AM

ogremage1 said:
Ok... I have uninstalled the ATI radeon 3000 AMD graphics drivers and was able to install the graphics tweak program that came on the disk for the GT630 but still unable to use the card. The motherboard reinstalled the AMD graphics drivers after the 3rd time I restarted the computer.


ok, since you installed your card GT630. Download from Nvidia website the latest gpu driver for gt630, and install it. Once you had installed. You can now delete Amd driver in control panel and delete also all the files that belongs to AMD from drive C: (program files). or use AMD Clean Up Utility.
m
0
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 28, 2013 11:07:36 AM

ogremage1 said:
comes up as failed to load dll please install VGA drivers and still won't let me use anything other than onboard graphics

So far (this is the second time I have rebooted) it hasn't shown as reinstalling the ATI graphics yet

I'm still getting the longer post beep. Other than that... nothing


i check your mother board, its AMD integrated gpu, not intel. so you dont have to delete it.
just install Nvidia driver. Go to Bios Setting. North Bridge (choose PCI-E as your primary graphics adapter)
save and exit.
m
0
l
September 28, 2013 3:58:43 PM

I went into the device manager and the only graphics I have on there are ATI Radeon 3000 for the intigrated graphics. I have installed the device drivers for the graphics card and it still doesn't show in the device manager. This tells me that the motherboard isn't even recognizing it at being installed. I am beginning to think this is more of a hardware issue than the settings or drivers. The device driver disk, when installed, states that it is installed but when I try to find it in the system or work with the divers disk it keeps coming up with the message, "failed to load dll please install VGA drivers" on restart.

I'll try to download the latest drivers for the GT630 and install them but, like I stated earlier, I am starting to think this is a hardware issue.

Update: I just downloaded and tried to install the latest drivers but when it starts to install the drivers it goes through the detecting compatible device process and then states "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware." I have a screenshot but don't know how to put it on here for you to see.
m
0
l

Best solution

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 29, 2013 3:21:41 AM

ogremage1 said:
I went into the device manager and the only graphics I have on there are ATI Radeon 3000 for the intigrated graphics. I have installed the device drivers for the graphics card and it still doesn't show in the device manager. This tells me that the motherboard isn't even recognizing it at being installed. I am beginning to think this is more of a hardware issue than the settings or drivers. The device driver disk, when installed, states that it is installed but when I try to find it in the system or work with the divers disk it keeps coming up with the message, "failed to load dll please install VGA drivers" on restart.

I'll try to download the latest drivers for the GT630 and install them but, like I stated earlier, I am starting to think this is a hardware issue.

Update: I just downloaded and tried to install the latest drivers but when it starts to install the drivers it goes through the detecting compatible device process and then states "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware." I have a screenshot but don't know how to put it on here for you to see.


Did you go to BIOS of your motherboard? you can check everything there.
Cable should be connected from GPU socket to monitor socket. If still doesnt work.
maybe your mobo doesnt support Nvidia gpu, or its not multi GPU. or its only design for Amd Gpu.
I suggest, get another motherboard and cpu for your GT630.
Share
September 30, 2013 6:28:25 AM

Anonymous said:
ogremage1 said:
I went into the device manager and the only graphics I have on there are ATI Radeon 3000 for the intigrated graphics. I have installed the device drivers for the graphics card and it still doesn't show in the device manager. This tells me that the motherboard isn't even recognizing it at being installed. I am beginning to think this is more of a hardware issue than the settings or drivers. The device driver disk, when installed, states that it is installed but when I try to find it in the system or work with the divers disk it keeps coming up with the message, "failed to load dll please install VGA drivers" on restart.

I'll try to download the latest drivers for the GT630 and install them but, like I stated earlier, I am starting to think this is a hardware issue.

Update: I just downloaded and tried to install the latest drivers but when it starts to install the drivers it goes through the detecting compatible device process and then states "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware." I have a screenshot but don't know how to put it on here for you to see.


Did you go to BIOS of your motherboard? you can check everything there.
Cable should be connected from GPU socket to monitor socket. If still doesnt work.
maybe your mobo doesnt support Nvidia gpu, or its not multi GPU. or its only design for Amd Gpu.
I suggest, get another motherboard and cpu for your GT630.



LOL I have done what you have said. Still doesn't work... Thank you for your patience and assistance. I agree with getting another motherboard (I don't want to get rid of the processor) but I bought this for a budget build and it is cheaper for me to get another graphics card than to get another main system board and processor.(go figure) I checked the GT630 on another motherboard and it works great on it so I think I will just sell it and use the older ATI graphics card until the new 7770 card I bought on Amazon comes in. (boy do I have quite a bit of stuff to sell on craigs list now... LOL)
m
0
l