Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Looking for Intel socket mobo with AMD Crossfire!

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
September 28, 2013 1:53:42 PM

Hey guys!
I'm thinking of selling my current AMD processor and going to an Intel one. I've got a 7970 Vapor-x graphics card, and in the future I might decide to buy it a friend to crossfire them.

So I'm looking for a mobo that has an Intel socket and will support crossfire with two PCI-e x16 slots for graphics cards. I'm planning to overclock the new CPU, and buying a cooler for it. However I'm not a serious overclocker.

The budget is around 200€ for the mobo, but I'd take a cheaper one that offers all requested features, or a more expensive one, if it's worth it.
a b V Motherboard
September 28, 2013 1:58:46 PM

Depends I need to know your processor socket type for the Intel.
m
0
l
September 28, 2013 2:16:27 PM

ddbtkd456 said:
Depends I need to know your processor socket type for the Intel.


I haven't yet decided which processor I'm getting exactly, but it's definately a 1150 or 1155 socket one
EDIT: actually since my computer is more for gaming than anything else, I'm probably gonna go with an i5-4670 that has a 1150 socket
EDIT 2: so I've read some forum reviews and people say the i7-4770 is better at gaming and more future proof than any i5... back to square one
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
September 28, 2013 2:40:11 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $114.99
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-28 17:41 EDT-0400)
This will do i7 or i5 as long as it is 1150 (Socket type)

Otherwise this one will do the 1155 socket types:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $114.99
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-28 17:38 EDT-0400)

Either of these boards have USB 3.0 usb headers (for front USB 3.0 on newer cases), cross-fire and SLI ready and are both able to overclock, either socket you get i would get one of these 2 boards. Hope these helps and please remember to select the best solution so that others may learn from this thread.
Share
September 28, 2013 2:48:50 PM

ddbtkd456 said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $114.99
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-28 17:41 EDT-0400)
This will do i7 or i5 as long as it is 1150 (Socket type)

Otherwise this one will do the 1155 socket types:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $114.99
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-28 17:38 EDT-0400)

Either of these boards have USB 3.0 usb headers (for front USB 3.0 on newer cases), cross-fire and SLI ready and are both able to overclock, either socket you get i would get one of these 2 boards. Hope these helps and please remember to select the best solution so that others may learn from this thread.


Great prices, exactly what I asked for! And I've got an ASRock in my pc right now, so no sudden changes!
Thanks mate, best solution is yours!
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
September 28, 2013 3:14:40 PM

Xickle said:
ddbtkd456 said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $114.99
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-28 17:41 EDT-0400)
This will do i7 or i5 as long as it is 1150 (Socket type)

Otherwise this one will do the 1155 socket types:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $114.99
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-28 17:38 EDT-0400)

Either of these boards have USB 3.0 usb headers (for front USB 3.0 on newer cases), cross-fire and SLI ready and are both able to overclock, either socket you get i would get one of these 2 boards. Hope these helps and please remember to select the best solution so that others may learn from this thread.


Great prices, exactly what I asked for! And I've got an ASRock in my pc right now, so no sudden changes!
Thanks mate, best solution is yours!


I fully trust ASrock and ASUS since, ASrock is a company that broke off of ASUS company, there basically the same thing. I would fully recommend either of these brands for future motherboards.
m
0
l
!