Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Asus GTX 760 Display is too large for my screen

Tags:
  • Screen Resolution
  • Viewsonic
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
  • Hardware Issue
  • Gtx
  • Geforce
  • Nvidia
  • Asus
  • Resolution
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 28, 2013 3:16:29 PM

I have a 24 inch viewsonic screen that was displaying 1920x1200 before i bought my GTX 760, after installation my desktop is cut off by around an inch on each side leaving the start bar and other things off screen. I cannot figure out how to fix this without stretching the screen and leaving it all distorted and blurry.

(All drivers and windows updates were installed, computer restarted multiple times)

More about : asus gtx 760 display large screen

a b U Graphics card
September 28, 2013 3:56:33 PM

Did this occur after installing a specific driver? If yes, open start menu type devmgmt.msc, open device manager open display adapters, double click on your gtx 760, then drivers tab, and try roll back driver option, this will unisntall last installed driver, maybe this will fix the problem, hope it will help.
m
0
l
September 28, 2013 4:31:23 PM

rubidium said:
Did this occur after installing a specific driver? If yes, open start menu type devmgmt.msc, open device manager open display adapters, double click on your gtx 760, then drivers tab, and try roll back driver option, this will unisntall last installed driver, maybe this will fix the problem, hope it will help.


no it was this way before and after the drivers

m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 28, 2013 4:39:18 PM

Did you install the drivers from nvidia or windows auto updates? If win, then try installing them from nvidia. Maybe try adjusting resolution before doing this, i doubt this is the problem but give it a try.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 156 U Graphics card
a c 77 Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
September 28, 2013 4:45:13 PM

I had this issue once before when I put in an old GeForce 8500 GT into my mom's old computer so that she could use her 52" Sony Bravia as a monitor (after I gave up on using an ASUS AH3450). I installed a new motherboard and dropped in my old Core2Duo 1.8GHz. I gave her my old Palit GeForce 8500 GT 1GB card and the outsides of the display (including the taskbar) couldn't be seen at 1280x720 or 1920x1080. There is a setting in the nVidia control panel that allows you to manually reduce the size of the display to fit the actual screen. I've had this problem with 2 straight nVidia cards (the other being a PNY 8400 GS PCI). For some reason, ATi has no such problems. Try it out, it should fix the problem (since it did for me...lol). Cheers!
Share
a b U Graphics card
September 28, 2013 4:56:15 PM

Avro Arrow said:
I had this issue once before when I put in an old GeForce 8500 GT into my mom's old computer so that she could use her 52" Sony Bravia as a monitor (after I gave up on using an ASUS AH3450). I installed a new motherboard and dropped in my old Core2Duo 1.8GHz. I gave her my old Palit GeForce 8500 GT 1GB card and the outsides of the display (including the taskbar) couldn't be seen at 1280x720 or 1920x1080. There is a setting in the nVidia control panel that allows you to manually reduce the size of the display to fit the actual screen. I've had this problem with 2 straight nVidia cards (the other being a PNY 8400 GS PCI). For some reason, ATi has no such problems. Try it out, it should fix the problem (since it did for me...lol). Cheers!

Ah, got it. You mean the nvidia control panel, display, adjust desktop size and position, then by trying to switch between aspect ratio and fullscreen? Hope this will help the op anyway if this is what you meant. Nice one :p 

m
0
l
September 28, 2013 5:02:34 PM

Avro Arrow said:
I had this issue once before when I put in an old GeForce 8500 GT into my mom's old computer so that she could use her 52" Sony Bravia as a monitor (after I gave up on using an ASUS AH3450). I installed a new motherboard and dropped in my old Core2Duo 1.8GHz. I gave her my old Palit GeForce 8500 GT 1GB card and the outsides of the display (including the taskbar) couldn't be seen at 1280x720 or 1920x1080. There is a setting in the nVidia control panel that allows you to manually reduce the size of the display to fit the actual screen. I've had this problem with 2 straight nVidia cards (the other being a PNY 8400 GS PCI). For some reason, ATi has no such problems. Try it out, it should fix the problem (since it did for me...lol). Cheers!



Yeah ive done this for the time being, however it leaves everything blurry and hurts my eyes, need a solution to fix it there must be some way to have it work correctly
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 28, 2013 5:12:56 PM

Is your monitor connected through VGA cable?

EDIT: ok it seems that i wont be here when you read this, so if its connected through VGA cable, check out this link it may help you http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/clock_phase.php , best of luck with fixing this issue.
m
0
l
September 28, 2013 5:38:28 PM

As long as the display smaller the performance will be higher because the card use less energy.
m
0
l
September 28, 2013 6:05:49 PM

rubidium said:
Is your monitor connected through VGA cable?


its an HDMI, not sure if thats what you mean
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 28, 2013 6:24:56 PM

BradenGK said:
rubidium said:
Is your monitor connected through VGA cable?


its an HDMI, not sure if thats what you mean

Can you say to me what do you do exactly when you are on the control panel?
m
0
l
!