High RAM Usage

So this PC is 5 months old and nothing have been going wrong - until now. My computer have been randomly restarting and I have located the problem that my RAM usage is too high. So I tried exiting out of every tab and when I got into task manager I see that the memory usage is still 3.85 GB. So now I am confused on why this is happening; also, and I don't know whether this will make a difference, but I also have a 2GB EVGA GTX 660 in addition to a 8 GB corsair vengeance. At the time that i bought the RAM, I thought I would be enough. Any suggestions?

Side Note: I played a lot of games
14 answers Last reply
More about high ram usage
  1. What led you to the conclusion that your computer is restarting from high RAM usage? If that correlation is true, it's not the actual problem, nor is that "random".
  2. trend micro house calls............. do a complete scan.
  3. zyky said:
    What led you to the conclusion that your computer is restarting from high RAM usage? If that correlation is true, it's not the actual problem, nor is that "random".



    Well it usually happens during a game of Smite, and it doesn't happen all the time. Like today it happened when only 2 window of chrome of open and a game of smite. While sometimes i have smite and battlefield 3 open and 3 tabs of chrome and it never happens.
  4. swifty_morgan said:
    trend micro house calls............. do a complete scan.


    No threats found
  5. Does XMP make any difference?
  6. highjack this.

    must be the NSA
  7. Does Windows blue-screen or do you get a kernel panic, or does the system reset with no report of something going wrong? Can you recreate this running something like OCCT to stress the system?
  8. zyky said:
    Does Windows blue-screen or do you get a kernel panic, or does the system reset with no report of something going wrong? Can you recreate this running something like OCCT to stress the system?


    It had multiple errors. It so far had blue screened, restart with no error, and a windows error of saying that there is too much ram usage. I haven't tried using OCCT to stress the system, but i have tried playing multiple games at once but no dice.
  9. There could be so many things that lead to any of those.
    Faulty hardware (cpu, ram, mainboard, video card, power supply, etc)
    Loose/dirty connection
    brownouts / unstable mains
    Poorly written drivers/kernel mode software
    Insufficient cooling
    EM interference
    etc etc.

    Until you can reliably reproduce the problem, it will be extremely hard to diagnose.

    You should probably give more details about your hardware so people can rule out any obvious compatibility problems. It's fairly common for a lot of people to not give enough considering to the power supply they use and that's often the root of the problem for a majority of these cases.
  10. zyky said:
    There could be so many things that lead to any of those.
    Faulty hardware (cpu, ram, mainboard, video card, power supply, etc)
    Loose/dirty connection
    brownouts / unstable mains
    Poorly written drivers/kernel mode software
    Insufficient cooling
    EM interference
    etc etc.

    Until you can reliably reproduce the problem, it will be extremely hard to diagnose.

    You should probably give more details about your hardware so people can rule out any obvious compatibility problems. It's fairly common for a lot of people to not give enough considering to the power supply they use and that's often the root of the problem for a majority of these cases.


    These are my specs:
    Monitor: Acer X223W
    Mouse: Razer Naga
    CPU: Intel i5-3570K
    Motherboard: ASRock Pro4 Z77 ATX
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
    Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 660 2GB SSC
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB
    Power Supply: Corsair 650W
  11. Happened again...
    Windows says system low on ram and shut down every window open. Looked in task manager and found 3.45 GB in use even though all the windows were closed -.-
  12. I actually had this problem when I was booting up. Turned out to be lose processor heatsink.
  13. list all programs running on start up.

    when you did your scans.......... did you shut down system restore?
    did you do the scans in safe mode?
    what programs did you use for scanning?
  14. I've just started having this problem as well. It first started occurring in Battlefield 4, and now my system is using 90+% on boot up. I'll not hijack this thread, but just to say good luck and if I find a solution I'll post here.

    K
Ask a new question

Read More

RAM Computers Memory