Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Good budget gaming build

Last response: in Components
Share
September 28, 2013 10:00:40 PM

Hi TomsHardware. I'm looking into a budget gaming pc build. Can you guys evaluate it for me?

CPU: i5 3570k
MOBO: Asrock z77 extreme4 (please offer alternatives that offer similar quality)
CASE: MSI commander
STORAGE: 1tb western digital hdd
GRAPHICS CARD: What could i get for under $150 and still be able to play most games on mid settings?
PSU: corsair 600 watt psu
RAM: 4 gb corsair vengeance
DVD: generic asus drive

Games I plan to play:
Skyrim
HL2
Minecraft
L4D2
Battlefield 3
a b 4 Gaming
September 28, 2013 10:02:03 PM

What is your budget for this build?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
September 28, 2013 10:09:28 PM

The 3570k is not for budget gaming. haha I'd suggest you get the 6350 and a cheap 970 mobo. Then put the money you've saved to a more powerful GPU. It wouldn't be so budget rig anymore. :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
September 28, 2013 10:13:08 PM

adimeister said:
The 3570k is not for budget gaming. haha I'd suggest you get the 6350 and a cheap 970 mobo. Then put the money you've saved to a more powerful GPU. It wouldn't be so budget rig anymore. :) 


Well this is my first time building so I had no idea. thanks!
m
0
l
September 28, 2013 10:15:09 PM

ddbtkd456 said:
What is your budget for this build?


I would like to keep it under ~$550. I already have the case, and i happened to get an extremely cheap ivy bridge pentium. Thats why chose to go with intel.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
September 28, 2013 10:15:55 PM

If you are building a gaming rig on a budget, the AMD route is the best way to go bro. Save all the money you can, then get the most expensive GPU you CAN afford after all the cost cutting. But beware, don't buy an old CPU just to cut cost because it would bottleneck a powerful GPU. But the 6350 will do the job for a single GPU and single monitor setup. And I doubt you'd buy 2 or 3 monitors/GPU because you said you're on a budget. :) 
m
0
l
September 28, 2013 10:24:27 PM

adimeister said:
If you are building a gaming rig on a budget, the AMD route is the best way to go bro. Save all the money you can, then get the most expensive GPU you CAN afford after all the cost cutting. But beware, don't buy an old CPU just to cut cost because it would bottleneck a powerful GPU. But the 6350 will do the job for a single GPU and single monitor setup. And I doubt you'd buy 2 or 3 monitors/GPU because you said you're on a budget. :) 


What is the 6350 comparable to on the intel side?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
September 28, 2013 10:24:36 PM

This will be alot more stable build for you:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($99.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a 57.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($69.98 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-I Epic Edition (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $544.87
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-29 01:24 EDT-0400)

Also please remember to select the best solution so that others may learn from this thread. Thank you for your time.
Share
a b 4 Gaming
September 28, 2013 10:27:36 PM

thedrparzival said:
adimeister said:
If you are building a gaming rig on a budget, the AMD route is the best way to go bro. Save all the money you can, then get the most expensive GPU you CAN afford after all the cost cutting. But beware, don't buy an old CPU just to cut cost because it would bottleneck a powerful GPU. But the 6350 will do the job for a single GPU and single monitor setup. And I doubt you'd buy 2 or 3 monitors/GPU because you said you're on a budget. :) 


What is the 6350 comparable to on the intel side?


Technically? Nothing. Since it is a 6 core. Non-technically, an i5 or equivalent, however it can not be compared since the AMD is a 6-core running 3.4 GHz and an i5 is a quad core, so it wouldn't be a true comparison. The AMD 6-core is an excellent processor for the price however its just the Intel's and AMD's cant be compared technically so it goes by what is available for the performance in your price range, not so much which is better then the other.
m
0
l
September 28, 2013 10:29:16 PM

adimeister said:
If you are building a gaming rig on a budget, the AMD route is the best way to go bro. Save all the money you can, then get the most expensive GPU you CAN afford after all the cost cutting. But beware, don't buy an old CPU just to cut cost because it would bottleneck a powerful GPU. But the 6350 will do the job for a single GPU and single monitor setup. And I doubt you'd buy 2 or 3 monitors/GPU because you said you're on a budget. :) 


Thanks for the info!
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
September 28, 2013 10:30:03 PM

Also please remember to select the best solution so that others may learn from this thread. Thank you for your time.
m
0
l
!