Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I7 4771 any more secure than other cpus?

Last response: in CPUs
September 29, 2013 9:00:07 AM

I am stuck between the standard 4770 vs 4771. I am leaning towards 4771 only because I read on the site there is a Trusted Technology feature for it that is supposed to make the Bios and OS more secure. How relevant is this as far as cyber attacks goes? Security is EXTREMELY important to me, but like I said, I don't know how much of a failsafe that feature really is. I read up on it and don't understand quite everything about it.

More about : 4771 secure cpus

a b à CPUs
September 29, 2013 9:07:49 AM

both are same except for 4771 has higher clock out of box .....BOTH HAVE SECURITY FEATURES
U WINT SEE THOSE FEATURES in a 4770k
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 29, 2013 9:46:12 AM

I THE NON K VERSION OF 4770k HAS SECURITY FEATURES
m
l
September 29, 2013 9:46:53 AM

So, how efficient is that feature? I don't quite understand everything about it. And I'd like to know if its really beneficial or not.
m
l
September 29, 2013 9:57:02 AM

No, I realized that after I posted it. However, how effiecient is the feature? Is it lagit enough to actually consider it a security improvement?
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
September 29, 2013 10:24:27 AM

I don't think those security enhancement will really matter, maybe once some decent software with this in mind comes. but really thinking about this logically, these are new features and stiff somehow everything can be tight and nicely locked without them, so in my opinion, they don't matter much.

And yes, I7-4770 (non-K) exists, I have one and it has same feature set, Intel decided to remove some feature from K version, because they are probably afraid of it eating into their Xeon area too much with overclock.

I say still - get I7-4771, it's good and overclocking is overrated IMO.
!