Sign in with
Your question
Solved

840 Pro vs Non Pro REAL WORLD USAGE

Last response: in Storage
September 29, 2013 3:46:50 PM

Hello guys, im almost done picking out parts for my pc i only need an SSD. Id like to know if i will notice the difference between the Pro vs non Pro. I know about TLC and MLC and all of that, but to a user whos coming from a non ssd laptop from 2008, is the pro going to be significantly faster than the non pro for its 47$ higher price point?

Im only going to be using it as a boot drive and store all my frequently used programs/games in there. So all of those fancy benchmarks you see out there dont really help me.. :/ 
a b D Laptop
a b G Storage
September 29, 2013 3:55:05 PM

For your uses, you won't see any appreciable differences.

Mark
m
l

Best solution

a c 271 D Laptop
a c 798 G Storage
September 29, 2013 3:58:52 PM

JoseyMG said:
Hello guys, im almost done picking out parts for my pc i only need an SSD. Id like to know if i will notice the difference between the Pro vs non Pro. I know about TLC and MLC and all of that, but to a user whos coming from a non ssd laptop from 2008, is the pro going to be significantly faster than the non pro for its 47$ higher price point?

Im only going to be using it as a boot drive and store all my frequently used programs/games in there. So all of those fancy benchmarks you see out there dont really help me.. :/ 

Going from an HDD to an SSD, the difference will be a 900% increase vs a 903% increase. You will not notice.

Or split the difference and get the 840 EVO.
!