so should i go for 7850? or any other better card in the budget

Abhi Singh

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
i am going to upgrade my graphic card soon so i am going for 7850 for the following reasons

1.) my budget is 200$
2.) my power supply will support it ( it is cooler master thunder 500W)
3.) and i have no budget probs for 7870 but my power supply wont support it will it? if it can please let me know
so any other g card or this card is good?

and yeah i wanna play the games which are coming in oct nov dec like arkham orgins , ac4 watch dogs , and etc etc so is it a good choice?

Solution

Coolermaster quality can be iffy. But, since it has been working for you so far, I would be less concerned.
Since the psu has only a single pcie connector, that would limit you to a 7850 or a GTX660. Yes, you could use a molex to 6 pin adapter but I always wonder if that is such a good idea. A psu will usually include all the connectors it can adequately deliver power to.
If you use such an adapter and find that you have insufficient power, you will see graphics artifacts or similar problems. If a psu is low quality, you might want to change it out regardless.

Abhi Singh

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013

But will it support my power supply or will it blast the my cpu? the power supply is cooler master thunder 500W

Coolermaster quality can be iffy. But, since it has been working for you so far, I would be less concerned.
Since the psu has only a single pcie connector, that would limit you to a 7850 or a GTX660. Yes, you could use a molex to 6 pin adapter but I always wonder if that is such a good idea. A psu will usually include all the connectors it can adequately deliver power to.
If you use such an adapter and find that you have insufficient power, you will see graphics artifacts or similar problems. If a psu is low quality, you might want to change it out regardless.

Solution