Fellas, I have a real unusual issue.
At first I thought it was a wireless issue but after trying my housemate's ethernet cable last night, I have doubts.
About 2 out of ten tries to connect to steam network will successfully connect.
Once I'm in a game (counterstrike), I cannot see any servers in the list to connect to..
but sometimes they pop up... then disappear.
When I'm plyaing Payday 2, I rarely get to enter a lobby... and if I do, half the time I lose connection.
Keep in mind, all websites work flawlessly, as do torrents etc.
Steps tried fixing:
* Port forwarding (router)
* Fire disabled (router)
* Router firmware upgraded to latest
* Power cycled NBN box, router & PC
* Port blocking in ISP account disabled
* All software is disabled ie. firewalls and antivirus inc. Windows firewall
* Upgraded to the latest wireless card drivers
* I've tried doing everything possible as mentioned on Steam forums, such as refreshing
things, deleting... reinstalling.. verifying files etc etc etc..
* My ethernet is disabled, only one network device is active (wireless)
I did a full re-installation of steam. I started to think it was my user profile - but after creating a new one the same thing happened. It was suggested on another forum that I switch my Windows Firewall to default, tried that, and then same thing even after disabling again. I'm really out of ideas - can someone help?
I'm still having connection issues. Last night I connected after about 7 times trying.
But it seems it's not the only thing that it affects, it also affect the games running via Steam. So connecting in games through steam is a a massive hassle as it hardly works.