Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Here it is! Any suggestions?

Last response: in Systems
Share
October 1, 2013 1:03:00 AM

CPU: I7-4770K
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler
MotherBoard: Asus MAximus VI Formula
Memory: (2x) Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDr3-1866
Storage: Corsair Neutron Series GTX 120GB 2.5" SSD & Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM HDD
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB
Power Supply: Corsair 760W 80 PLUS PLATINUM ATX12V
Optical Drive: Asus DVD/CD Writer
Case: Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1IONo

There's a link to PC partpicker in case you need more info! Hope i did good!

More about : suggestions

a b Ĉ ASUS
October 1, 2013 1:42:20 AM

How about bit saving?
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($169.99 @ Microcenter)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 760 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($275.66 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 760 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($275.66 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($95.87 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1667.10
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-01 04:37 EDT-0400)

You really do not want noise that corsair H100 makes.
You really do not need platinum PSU gold is enough.
This MoBo is good enough.
Bigger SSD is better. Same thing with HDD.
Two GTX 760 in SLI are faster than one GTX 780. Still cheaper?
I did trow in 4GB versions. But 2GB are cheaper. so..
If you want that corsair case.. Fractal was cheap now so..

m
0
l
October 1, 2013 2:23:31 AM

Very very nice! you here to show off or what? nah just kidding.
Be sure to get the corsair 1600 mhz or you want to overclock ram?

Which is not advised, the fact that the box states a higher then 1600mhz does not mean its automaticly better.

If you really want the best you can get for around the same price RAM with CL8, something like 8-9-9-24 or 8-8-8-24 etc. etc.

Should be atleast CL9 and lower is better.

Also use 2 x 8 gb so you can upgrade in the future.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
October 1, 2013 5:41:37 AM

DragonChase said:
Very very nice! you here to show off or what? nah just kidding.
Be sure to get the corsair 1600 mhz or you want to overclock ram?

Which is not advised, the fact that the box states a higher then 1600mhz does not mean its automaticly better.

If you really want the best you can get for around the same price RAM with CL8, something like 8-9-9-24 or 8-8-8-24 etc. etc.

Should be atleast CL9 and lower is better.

Also use 2 x 8 gb so you can upgrade in the future.


If 1600MHz memory. Then maybe Cl 7 2*4GB sticks.
I think G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 Cl 7 , 8 , 8, 8 24 is pretty good?

If go for 16GB ram. 2*8GB sticks then Cl 9 is maybe best choice. (easy to find)

G.Skill RipJawsZ is one four stick kit 1600MHz Cl 7
m
0
l
October 1, 2013 7:05:55 AM

AxlFone said:
DragonChase said:
Very very nice! you here to show off or what? nah just kidding.
Be sure to get the corsair 1600 mhz or you want to overclock ram?

Which is not advised, the fact that the box states a higher then 1600mhz does not mean its automaticly better.

If you really want the best you can get for around the same price RAM with CL8, something like 8-9-9-24 or 8-8-8-24 etc. etc.

Should be atleast CL9 and lower is better.

Also use 2 x 8 gb so you can upgrade in the future.


If 1600MHz memory. Then maybe Cl 7 2*4GB sticks.
I think G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 Cl 7 , 8 , 8, 8 24 is pretty good?

If go for 16GB ram. 2*8GB sticks then Cl 9 is maybe best choice. (easy to find)

G.Skill RipJawsZ is one four stick kit 1600MHz Cl 7


CL8 will do as well, i would still go 2 x 4 with a bit higher CL, just dont do CL 10 for sure.
CL 8 should be easy to find as well, and the one you showed CL7 shouldnt be that hard to find in dual kit as well or as 2 seperate 8gb's.

You also might wanna consider as recommended by someone else a dual nvidia 760.

Although i would prefer your setup, 780 is fine.

I would like to mention Nvidia is going to cut prices because of AMD's release this month, both AMD and Nvidia will drop prices on good GPU's.
I am guessing you could save atleast a 100 dollars of the current price.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
October 1, 2013 7:51:16 AM

Quote:
You also might wanna consider as recommended by someone else a dual nvidia 760.

Yeah. Look some review
http://www.lanoc.org/review/video-cards/6602-gtx-760-sl...
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_760_sl...
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/graphics/display/gefor...

Quote:
Although i would prefer your setup, 780 is fine.

Actually it is not. it is not fast as 760 in sli. And it is more expensive.

Quote:
I would like to mention Nvidia is going to cut prices because of AMD's release this month, both AMD and Nvidia will drop prices on good GPU's.
I am guessing you could save atleast a 100 dollars of the current price.


It is good if price will drop. But we will find out soon enough are they dropping.
GTX 680 is still really expensive card.. :)  And if 780 price will drops 100$ how much will 760 price will drop? :) 




Share
!