Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

BF4 Beta FPS problems

Last response: in Video Games
Share
October 1, 2013 10:08:04 AM

Hello guys :)  I'm having problems. My computer isn't the best but it SHOULD do better than this. In BF4 I get 20-30 FPS on ultra/high and 5-15 on lowest (wich is wierd, any solutions?). So my question is. Is there a problem or is my PC just not good enough? I run BF3 on high/ultra on 40-90 FPS :p 

PC specs:
2GB 7850 Sapphire OC edition (OC)
AMD FX-6100 3.3 GHz
8GB 1600Mhz RAM

More about : bf4 beta fps problems

October 1, 2013 10:15:09 AM

Get the new drivers out for the beta from the AMD website. Besides that, you have to expect issues with beta games.
m
0
l
October 1, 2013 10:18:50 AM

Smawell said:
Get the new drivers out for the beta from the AMD website. Besides that, you have to expect issues with beta games.


This ^

Also, I remember reading somewhere that the beta isn't even the most current version of the game, it was just the one that was approved to be used as the beta.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

October 1, 2013 10:22:00 AM

fudoka711 said:
Smawell said:
Get the new drivers out for the beta from the AMD website. Besides that, you have to expect issues with beta games.


This ^

Also, I remember reading somewhere that the beta isn't even the most current version of the game, it was just the one that was approved to be used as the beta.


Heard this as well. They do this to have a known working version with all components needed for online play. Newer versions still have bugs untested by the devs. Expect the FPS to be totally fine when the game is released. You should get pretty much the same, maybe 5fps lower than you do on BF3
Share
October 1, 2013 10:29:11 AM

Smawell said:
Get the new drivers out for the beta from the AMD website. Besides that, you have to expect issues with beta games.


I have the latest drivers, so it's just badly optimised? :) 
m
0
l
October 1, 2013 10:30:52 AM

Smashing todd said:
Smawell said:
Get the new drivers out for the beta from the AMD website. Besides that, you have to expect issues with beta games.


I have the latest drivers, so it's just badly optimised? :) 


Odds are, yes. It will vary from computer to computer even if someone has the same specs, they might get better FPS just due to a driver version or the programs their running ect. Just wait for the first update or so and your fps will begin to improve.
m
0
l
October 1, 2013 11:56:22 AM

Hi. Had this issue. Did a lot of reading on this the past few hours, so I know a lot about it. First off, it's still the BETA, so we're all experiencing graphic issues. Also, last night their was a Nvidia Graphic Driver released to help BF4 optimisation. If you have that installed, it'll help with the rendering (especially in firefights). Secondly, I recommend you make sure you're overclock is stable (If you ARE Overclocking), and if your not you should be. Also, test with 3DMark to make sure your stable.

Otherwise, just sit tight till Nvidia releases a full driver update. It'll come soon, if you check out the Nvidia forums there are thousands of requests ;) 
m
0
l
October 1, 2013 2:29:03 PM

I'm seeing 95% cpu usage with i5-3350P. Seems like bottleneck, but what does everyone think? I know in 64-person server a powerful cpu is needed, but I thought this quad-core was pretty good. Do I need to upgrade to unlocked cpu?? Seems likely. I'm not sure this is only driver-related.

Win 7 Ultimate
i5-3350P quad-core
GTX 760
8 GB RAM
m
0
l
October 1, 2013 2:35:12 PM

Actually, many people have seen a 95%-99% CPU Usage when playing BF4, your not the only one. Just don't make any big decisions until the full game is released or when a new driver comes out.
m
0
l
October 1, 2013 2:49:23 PM

Spinny99 said:
Actually, many people have seen a 95%-99% CPU Usage when playing BF4, your not the only one. Just don't make any big decisions until the full game is released or when a new driver comes out.


Thanks, Spinny! A lot of people with more powerful CPU's? In-game people are saying they are having NO issues with fps with more powerful multi-core cpus.
m
0
l
October 1, 2013 3:21:23 PM

I mean, personally, I have a 3770k overclocked, And I'm having lots of issues (I have a 660ti and am upgrading to a 780 HydroCopper soon). So, I guess my CPU is considered a higher end CPU for gaming. Others have the same issues with this CPU such as my friend with SLI 680 FTW's. It's just all really messed up lol.
m
0
l
October 1, 2013 3:28:48 PM

Spinny99 said:
I mean, personally, I have a 3770k overclocked, And I'm having lots of issues (I have a 660ti and am upgrading to a 780 HydroCopper soon). So, I guess my CPU is considered a higher end CPU for gaming. Others have the same issues with this CPU such as my friend with SLI 680 FTW's. It's just all really messed up lol.


Thanks again! I've been hearing from AMD users that their 7950's are handling it well, but it's weird. Some other AMDers are having same issues. I'm trying an overclock on my locked CPU, but obviously not going to be able to oc too much. Guess I'll just have to accept it until launch, or on the off-chance that a patch will make a sig difference.
m
0
l
October 2, 2013 3:40:10 AM

i purchased my new PC a week ago its not top of the range but im running on ultr with no problems or lagg or anything. and im playing from South Africa on american servers.
i did invest into a case that hides most of the cables and have 6 fans in the case with a fan controlelr to cool

My mate is on ultra but gen 3 processor and is havign these problems, the haswell (gen 4) could make the differance you need for BF4, this is my opinion that haswell helps alot.

I have also read peopel are on 32bit.. YOU HAVE TO BE ON 64BIT!!

intel Haswell I5 with standard heat sink
corsair 1x8GM gaming ram
Asus gaming motherbaord
Asus GTX680 o 2G (havent over clocked this or anythin)
Segate 2TB HDD 7200RPM (dont have a ssd)
m
0
l
October 2, 2013 5:32:33 AM

wesleydn said:
i purchased my new PC a week ago its not top of the range but im running on ultr with no problems or lagg or anything. and im playing from South Africa on american servers.
i did invest into a case that hides most of the cables and have 6 fans in the case with a fan controlelr to cool

My mate is on ultra but gen 3 processor and is havign these problems, the haswell (gen 4) could make the differance you need for BF4, this is my opinion that haswell helps alot.

I have also read peopel are on 32bit.. YOU HAVE TO BE ON 64BIT!!

intel Haswell I5 with standard heat sink
corsair 1x8GM gaming ram
Asus gaming motherbaord
Asus GTX680 o 2G (havent over clocked this or anythin)
Segate 2TB HDD 7200RPM (dont have a ssd)


You realize that Origin doesn't allow most downloads on 32bit now a days. I'm not sure what your point is....
m
0
l
October 2, 2013 5:38:48 AM

jman1968 said:
Spinny99 said:
I mean, personally, I have a 3770k overclocked, And I'm having lots of issues (I have a 660ti and am upgrading to a 780 HydroCopper soon). So, I guess my CPU is considered a higher end CPU for gaming. Others have the same issues with this CPU such as my friend with SLI 680 FTW's. It's just all really messed up lol.


Thanks again! I've been hearing from AMD users that their 7950's are handling it well, but it's weird. Some other AMDers are having same issues. I'm trying an overclock on my locked CPU, but obviously not going to be able to oc too much. Guess I'll just have to accept it until launch, or on the off-chance that a patch will make a sig difference.


Well, some people say AMD's are running together. I mean, it would make sense considering EA partnered with AMD over Nvidia this year, because AMD will be doing the chips for the Xbox One and PS4, because it'll be easier for EA to deal with the same company between PC, Xbox, And PS. That may not be the reason but it's likely a chance that they spent more time optimizing with AMD over Nvidia because of their large partnership.

Although no one probably cares, this is my plan to resolve this (Maybe you want to take a similar path). I've been planning to upgrade my watercooling to a custom loop from a H100i soon, so I figured since my 660ti wasn't doing to well with these next generation (BF4, ect.) games, and if I added another 660ti it wouldn't do much of a difference, why not just upgrade to a 780 HydroCopper. This way I can Watercool my card, and I shouldn't have any issues with VRAM.


m
0
l
October 2, 2013 1:08:04 PM

Spinny99 said:
jman1968 said:
Spinny99 said:
I mean, personally, I have a 3770k overclocked, And I'm having lots of issues (I have a 660ti and am upgrading to a 780 HydroCopper soon). So, I guess my CPU is considered a higher end CPU for gaming. Others have the same issues with this CPU such as my friend with SLI 680 FTW's. It's just all really messed up lol.


Thanks again! I've been hearing from AMD users that their 7950's are handling it well, but it's weird. Some other AMDers are having same issues. I'm trying an overclock on my locked CPU, but obviously not going to be able to oc too much. Guess I'll just have to accept it until launch, or on the off-chance that a patch will make a sig difference.


Well, some people say AMD's are running together. I mean, it would make sense considering EA partnered with AMD over Nvidia this year, because AMD will be doing the chips for the Xbox One and PS4, because it'll be easier for EA to deal with the same company between PC, Xbox, And PS. That may not be the reason but it's likely a chance that they spent more time optimizing with AMD over Nvidia because of their large partnership.

Although no one probably cares, this is my plan to resolve this (Maybe you want to take a similar path). I've been planning to upgrade my watercooling to a custom loop from a H100i soon, so I figured since my 660ti wasn't doing to well with these next generation (BF4, ect.) games, and if I added another 660ti it wouldn't do much of a difference, why not just upgrade to a 780 HydroCopper. This way I can Watercool my card, and I shouldn't have any issues with VRAM.




Do you know anything about messing with the GPU buffered frame rates in Nvidia control panel? Would that potentially make a difference? I have an i5 3350 quad-core, and I didn't think that would be necessary. Any suggestions?
m
0
l
October 2, 2013 2:46:26 PM

It's not. I wouldn't mess with it if I were you.
m
0
l
October 3, 2013 3:03:11 PM

NONE OF YOU KNOW ANYTHING. AMD chipsets are not working. i5 low end do not work. Expect the patch release, will fix this. This is an AMD issue. All 6000 models are not working only the highest end 8 core is working right now. MAke the correlation: 10000000 AMD users cant play while i7's and i5's are doing fine mostly.
m
0
l
October 3, 2013 4:31:57 PM

Physiks said:
NONE OF YOU KNOW ANYTHING. AMD chipsets are not working. i5 low end do not work. Expect the patch release, will fix this. This is an AMD issue. All 6000 models are not working only the highest end 8 core is working right now. MAke the correlation: 10000000 AMD users cant play while i7's and i5's are doing fine mostly.


Ummm... get out if you can't stay calm. And man, I have an Intel i5-3570k and I can't play the game at all with the low fps. so NO it is not an AMD issue.
m
0
l
October 3, 2013 4:39:46 PM

Physiks said:
NONE OF YOU KNOW ANYTHING. AMD chipsets are not working. i5 low end do not work. Expect the patch release, will fix this. This is an AMD issue. All 6000 models are not working only the highest end 8 core is working right now. MAke the correlation: 10000000 AMD users cant play while i7's and i5's are doing fine mostly.


Your completely wrong. I don't feel like wasting my time explaining why. I just lost all my respect for you ;)  Low end i5's do work, but with lots of stutters. AMD Chipsets work with the earlier drivers. Thanks for your ignorant post.
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 9:15:25 AM

Smawell said:
fudoka711 said:
Smawell said:
Get the new drivers out for the beta from the AMD website. Besides that, you have to expect issues with beta games.


This ^

Also, I remember reading somewhere that the beta isn't even the most current version of the game, it was just the one that was approved to be used as the beta.


Heard this as well. They do this to have a known working version with all components needed for online play. Newer versions still have bugs untested by the devs. Expect the FPS to be totally fine when the game is released. You should get pretty much the same, maybe 5fps lower than you do on BF3

will 4 Giga of ram effect in performance on that kind of card? with a processor i3-3220?..4 Giga normal ram..not DDR5 nor DDR3
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 11:57:17 AM

I have FX 6100 and 7870, stutters, freezes, fps drops, lag. 2-8 averaging fps EVERYTHING ON LOW.
Did you fix it? You have same problem?
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 7:44:26 PM

i5 2500k @ 4.4, HD 7970 @ 1150. Played great Tuesday and Wednesday, took Thursday off, and today (Friday) I can't play. Ultra was running completely smooth other than small server lag at times, then today maybe 3 fps on ultra, and around 10-12 on low. Tried messing with Punkbuster as some of the servers say there's a known issue causing server problems, but nothing worked. Chatted with some other gamers who were saying something about CPU threads getting crushed. I uninstalled the game, and just did a fresh install so we'll see what happens.

Edit: Fresh install did nothing.
m
0
l
October 5, 2013 6:33:50 PM

People, I think it just down to the fact that it is a BETA version. The optimization isn't quite the best. I know people with 1500 dollar rigs and they have the exact same issues we do, and some don't.
Conclusion: Your rig 'probably' is NOT the problem while the optimization of the BETA is.

What might help some of you is:
-Updating to beta graphics card drivers
-Disabling origin in-game
-Giving BF4.exe a high priority in task manager

And what helped me (I think it did a little) is closing your web-browser after successful launch.
Obviously try to stress your pc as least as possible and close unnecessary programs.

These thing MIGHT help, sometimes they do and sometimes not, it's just optimized very badly.

So be careful and think twice before upgrading your pc components!
m
0
l
October 6, 2013 8:26:04 PM

jman1968 said:
I'm seeing 95% cpu usage with i5-3350P. Seems like bottleneck, but what does everyone think? I know in 64-person server a powerful cpu is needed, but I thought this quad-core was pretty good. Do I need to upgrade to unlocked cpu?? Seems likely. I'm not sure this is only driver-related.

Win 7 Ultimate
i5-3350P quad-core
GTX 760
8 GB RAM


yep, I see 100% CPU usage if I clock my I5-3570k at 3.4GHz or 4.7GHz with no change in fps!
I get 50-70fps with a single 7950 (1GHz) with some sudden drops to 5fps. Settings on Ultra with 2x MSAA, 1080p

Crossfire doesn't work, it crashes reporting low memory, or directX error, even when there's stilll 4GB free (I've got 8GB).
m
0
l
October 7, 2013 12:29:21 PM

figgyfosta said:
i5 2500k @ 4.4, HD 7970 @ 1150. Played great Tuesday and Wednesday, took Thursday off, and today (Friday) I can't play. Ultra was running completely smooth other than small server lag at times, then today maybe 3 fps on ultra, and around 10-12 on low. Tried messing with Punkbuster as some of the servers say there's a known issue causing server problems, but nothing worked. Chatted with some other gamers who were saying something about CPU threads getting crushed. I uninstalled the game, and just did a fresh install so we'll see what happens.

Edit: Fresh install did nothing.


Hi,

Anyone with any update on fix here?

3570k 4.4GHz / 7970GHZ 1170/1550 / 13.10 Beta 2

Experienced the exact same thing as Figgy did. Played well in the beginning and then suddenly thursday last week I started getting really low fps. Tried closing the browser. by minimizing the BF4 window.. May have helped a little, although not as a fix.

Today I'm experiencing a strange stuttering consistently, even though I play at low and avg fps in the 70's. I'm still having the massive framedrops which causes it to be unplayable, but even when I have OK frames i stills sorta lags :( 

m
0
l
October 7, 2013 4:28:58 PM

It wasn't very stable, I too experienced irregular lag issues, sometimes I had them and sometimes I did not.

NOTE that if you open origin today it should come op with an update, this update increases FPS stability greatly.

I myself unfortunately did not have the opportunity to test it out myself, but of what I've heard from my friends, there are NO fps issues anymore for them since this very update!
m
0
l
October 8, 2013 7:55:39 PM

See, with my very modest laptop (i5-3210m @ 2,5GHz + Intel HD4000) I get 30 FPS out of the Low settings. I updated the Punkbuster manually, and added to most recent drivers to my 4000, and it's a reasonable performance, although I'm quite impressed that I need to run it on LOw, while on BF3 I'd get the same frame rates with Medium settings...

Do you guys think the full game will be easier or harder to run for my laptop? I heard textures aren't fully implemented yet into the Beta, nor the "Alpha" (Xbox/PS3) build, and that shadows are being tested heavily because even higher-end computers weren't able to cope with the Levolution and it's effects.

(What I mean by higher end being say, 3570K with GTX760 and 8GB RAM, which isn't the best but certainly not the worst, since I'm getting "playable" FPS out of an HD4000 Integrated Graphics...)
m
0
l
!