Solved

best 7950 gigabyte or xfx

so i decided to use a 7950 in my pc build will be paired with a fx-6300 but after looking at the 7950s on newegg there were 2 that really interested me the gigabyte version with 3 fans is the one im leanin towards because of the extra cooling or the xfx black edition which also comes with crysis 3 on top of the other 3 games offered by amd so onto my question. is crysis 3 worth getting rid of the extra cooling also the xfx version is 45$ more so would it just be best to get the gigabyte then use the 45$ i saved to buy crysis 3 ? and is gigabte a reliable brand this is gonna be my first pc build so i didnt want to have to rma the gpu in the first week
21 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 7950 gigabyte xfx
  1. gigabyte.............
  2. If they still made the HIS IceQx2 I would recommend that, but since they do not the Gigabyte is your best choice
  3. patrick47018 said:
    If they still made the HIS IceQx2 I would recommend that, but since they do not the Gigabyte is your best choice


    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161420
  4. I meant this: http://204.14.213.185/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161429

    That is a pretty good card, but the Gigabyte is better, the only reason I'd get that card is if your case had horrible airflow as that card pushes almost all the hot air out of the case
  5. patrick47018 said:
    I meant this: http://204.14.213.185/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161429

    That is a pretty good card, but the Gigabyte is better, the only reason I'd get that card is if your case had horrible airflow as that card pushes almost all the hot air out of the case


    i dont know how my airflow is i got an old antec server case similar to the antec performance plus but it has a couple differences i dnt know what kind of case it is though but is has lots of room inside so i dont think its gonna have a problem also imma put in a 120mm fan in it on the side panel so it blows directly into the gpu the fan i was looking at has like a 147.37 cfm i think it was
  6. Yeah it'd be good, here is a review and some benchmarks on how it performs as well as overclocking it: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7950-review-benchmark,3207-13.html

    For overclocking I prefer MSI Afterburner: http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm
  7. patrick47018 said:
    Yeah it'd be good, here is a review and some benchmarks on how it performs as well as overclocking it: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7950-review-benchmark,3207-13.html

    For overclocking I prefer MSI Afterburner: http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm


    i read the review and the msi twin frozr 3 caught my attention is it any better then the gigabyte or is the gigabyte a better choice i also noticed the msi is a bit
    more expensive
  8. MSI is a little more expensive the MSI, the Gigabyte and the HIS are all pretty good cards. What are the price differences?
  9. why would anybody over clock any of those cards. not necessary. they'll play through anything stock as long as the processor is good enough.
  10. patrick47018 said:
    MSI is a little more expensive the MSI, the Gigabyte and the HIS are all pretty good cards. What are the price differences?


    msi: 285
    gigabyte: 225
    HIS: 235
  11. swifty_morgan said:
    why would anybody over clock any of those cards. not necessary. they'll play through anything stock as long as the processor is good enough.


    7950 crysis 3 maxed settings 1080p with anti aliasing on i highly doubt youll get a stable 60fps
  12. processors fault.
  13. I get a stable 60FPS on my 7950, I have that discontinued HIS IceQx2. Mine overclocked really well though. I'd get the Gigabyte at those prices, the MSI is ridiculous at 285.
  14. patrick47018 said:
    I get a stable 60FPS on my 7950, I have that discontinued HIS IceQx2. Mine overclocked really well though. I'd get the Gigabyte at those prices, the MSI is ridiculous at 285.


    i didnt know the 7950 was poweful enough to get stable fps on crysis i guess htat makes it a lil bit overkill for my 720p monitor then lol
  15. Best answer
    Yeah my 7950 is actually on a 7970 PCB, which is part of why it overclocks so well and performs so well, but yeah at 720P you will be very happy with a 7950!
  16. patrick47018 said:
    Yeah my 7950 is actually on a 7970 PCB, which is part of why it overclocks so well and performs so well, but yeah at 720P you will be very happy with a 7950!


    should i have to worry about any lag what so ever or will i still have dips in crsis
  17. I didn't notice any lag when I played at 1080P, so you should be set even at stock, but you could do a mild overclock for even better performance
  18. one last question i havent played a game on pc since i was like 7 and that was half life 2 ive always played on consoles how do the graphics compare to consoles now and im not referring to next gen im referring to xbox 360 and ps3
  19. night and day my friend, night and day, the difference is very noticeable
  20. patrick47018 said:
    night and day my friend, night and day, the difference is very noticeable


    ok im assumn the xbox 360 has better raphics then so i should just sell all the pc parts i bouht and just buy crysis 3 for xbox 360 then ok thanks

    jk jk jk i heard the xbox runs games at 720p below low settings and i hear next gen systems arent running at 1080p either i heard there running 720p on high
  21. A lot of 360 games are upscaled to 1080P, current gen is pretty much a gen of 720P, next gen will be 1080P and some 900P(Ryse: Son of Rome is an example). But you'll be happy with PC gaming, I know I am!
Ask a new question

Read More

XFX Gigabyte Graphics