Solved

Moving to a SSD, no windows7 cd or activation code. How can I legally get windows from this drive to my other?

I bought a SSD as the HDD im using is showing signs of failing (crashing when opening certain files, loud, etc). But I don't have my Windows 7 activation code or disk anymore. How can I instal windows 7 on the other drive?
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about moving ssd windows7 activation code legally windows drive
  1. You can find your key by using a program like this magic jelly bean:
    http://pcsupport.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=pcsupport&cdn=compute&tm=6&f=00&su=p504.6.342.ip_&tt=4&bt=0&bts=5&zu=http%3A//www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

    And as for windows 7 disc post your version(home premium, professional...ect.) and if its 32-bit or 64-bit and i can find the windows 7 iso(disc) for you.
  2. Waffleyz said:
    I bought a SSD as the HDD im using is showing signs of failing (crashing when opening certain files, loud, etc). But I don't have my Windows 7 activation code or disk anymore. How can I instal windows 7 on the other drive?


    Anonymous said:
    You can find your key by using a program like this magic jelly bean:
    http://pcsupport.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=pcsupport&cdn=compute&tm=6&f=00&su=p504.6.342.ip_&tt=4&bt=0&bts=5&zu=http%3A//www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

    And as for windows 7 disc post your version(home premium, professional...ect.) and if its 32-bit or 64-bit and i can find the windows 7 iso(disc) for you.


    Ultimate x64
  3. Best answer
    Waffleyz said:
    Waffleyz said:
    I bought a SSD as the HDD im using is showing signs of failing (crashing when opening certain files, loud, etc). But I don't have my Windows 7 activation code or disk anymore. How can I instal windows 7 on the other drive?


    Anonymous said:
    You can find your key by using a program like this magic jelly bean:
    http://pcsupport.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=pcsupport&cdn=compute&tm=6&f=00&su=p504.6.342.ip_&tt=4&bt=0&bts=5&zu=http%3A//www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

    And as for windows 7 disc post your version(home premium, professional...ect.) and if its 32-bit or 64-bit and i can find the windows 7 iso(disc) for you.


    Ultimate x64


    Here is a direct link to the iso when you click it you will start downloading it:
    http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24395.iso

    Here is the tool to make your windows 7 iso a bootable USB drive image to install:
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Windows 7 CD-Rom Hard Drives SSD