Solved

i5 4430 vs FX 6300 / 8320

Okay, My current planned rig specs are
i5 4430
AsRock H87 Pro 4 for a Motherboard
GTX 760 2GB Reference (I have already procured this one)
8 GB Ram running at 1600 Mhz
Cooler Master K380 for a case
Corsair CX 600 (Getting it from my friend for a mates rate)

The GTX 760 stretched my budget a bit far. I am confused whether as to get an FX 6300 / FX 8320 as they are available for cheaper rates in my country. The main reason for the build is gaming , I atleast wanna get an avg of 30 fps at 1080p with AA turned low or off. What do you guys think? Should I spend extra money on i5 4430 or be contend with FX 6300 / 8320 (If so which one?). Which will serve me better in the long run?
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 4430 6300 8320
  1. I can tell you that the intel 4430 runs almost the same as the FX6300 or even the FX8320,even with lesser cores while also using less power. I would recommend intel as many use intel and I have a old intel desktop that is still working after 10 years of usage. The plus point is that the FX8320 can manual overclock while the i5 can't.
  2. I would go with the FX 8320 and save yourself some money.
  3. I would strongly recommend the i5-4570 for about $10 more than the 4430. The 4570 offers better performance per dollar and both the 4430 and 4570 will be quite a bit faster than the FX-6300. The FX-8350 will be similar to the i5's in gaming for about the same price point. I would say the FX-8350 and i5-4570 are more closely matched with the 4430 being a tiny bit slower.

It's very application-specific as to which is better. The FX-6300 for sure is a little out-classed among the FX-8350 and i5's. I can also tell you first-hand from personal experience, the 4570 is an awesome gaming CPU. ;)

i5 or 8350, you really can't go wrong with either.
  4. Best answer
    I consider OP is in India , looking at the ID.
    If its true , then the FX 8320/FX 8350 will be my pick , as FX 8320 + 970 chipset mobo + 212 EVO will be equally priced to an i5 4430 + b85 mono considering prices ATM in India. Either way , Fx 8320 + 212 EVO + 990FX mobo reaches a h87 + 4430.
    So my pick is the FX 8320 either way.
    If a/an answer/solution/reply helps you/solves your queries , please select it as the solution/best answer for your thread.
  5. CommentariesAnd More said:
    I consider OP is in India , looking at the ID.
    If its true , then the FX 8320/FX 8350 will be my pick , as FX 8320 + 970 chipset mobo + 212 EVO will be equally priced to an i5 4430 + b85 mono considering prices ATM in India. Either way , Fx 8320 + 212 EVO + 990FX mobo reaches a h87 + 4430.
    So my pick is the FX 8320 either way.
    If a/an answer/solution/reply helps you/solves your queries , please select it as the solution/best answer for your thread.

After a lot of thought, i am going for a combo of i5 4570 (I dont plan to overclock) and an asRock H87 Pro 4. The main reason I am not going for the amd combo is because of the higher power consumption associated with it. Yes, I am from India. Thanks for your suggestion :) . Going with a cooler master haf 912 case. Any suggestions for the case?
  6. MEC-777 said:
    I would strongly recommend the i5-4570 for about $10 more than the 4430. The 4570 offers better performance per dollar and both the 4430 and 4570 will be quite a bit faster than the FX-6300. The FX-8350 will be similar to the i5's in gaming for about the same price point. I would say the FX-8350 and i5-4570 are more closely matched with the 4430 being a tiny bit slower.

It's very application-specific as to which is better. The FX-6300 for sure is a little out-classed among the FX-8350 and i5's. I can also tell you first-hand from personal experience, the 4570 is an awesome gaming CPU. ;)

Going with a i5 4570 after a lot of thought. Thanks for your suggestion . It is about 15-18$ more expensive than an i5 4430 in India
  7. If thats the way you choose , no problems.
    IMO , get the BitFenix Merc Alpha. Its a good case , and has a lot of fan mounts , can mount a 120mm rad which will be needed if you want something like a Corsair H60. If you can extend the budget though , I highly recommend the CM HAF XB. Its an awesome looking , mod friend , cool and cheap for the money chassis. I am sure you will love it. Fell in love with mine and gonna mod it soon :)
    Flipkart will be my pick for buying stuff , although Snapdeal is just as good. Both have good looking policies , but Flipkart has a longer , better and friendly service. They took my ASRock Z77 Extreme 3 with no packaging , only the bare mobo and the cables. Also replacement product was given at the same time , when they took the defective one , and on top of that , they gave me even though I had no bill , lol.

As for motherboard , get something from Gigabyte , as they seem to be reasonable in replacement cases. ASRock has poor teams , who didnt even replace my motherboard in the first attempt , saying they tested it and it worked , although it wasn't. In the end , replaced it for a Giagbyte mobo due to customer's patience reaching the climax. ASUS and MSI , I cant say.
  8. bharathitman said:
    MEC-777 said:
    I would strongly recommend the i5-4570 for about $10 more than the 4430. The 4570 offers better performance per dollar and both the 4430 and 4570 will be quite a bit faster than the FX-6300. The FX-8350 will be similar to the i5's in gaming for about the same price point. I would say the FX-8350 and i5-4570 are more closely matched with the 4430 being a tiny bit slower.

Going with a i5 4570 after a lot of thought. Thanks for your suggestion . It is about 15-18$ more expensive than an i5 4430 in India

Good choice. ;)

When comparing two CPU's of the same brand and family (core i5's) it is valid to compare clock speeds. When comparing the 4430 to the 4570, there is quite a difference, relatively speaking.

4430 - 3ghz base and 3.2ghz turbo (+200)

4570 - 3.2ghz base and 3.6ghz turbo (+400) Cost + $10 over 4430 (US/Canada)

4670 - 3.4ghz base and 3.8ghz turbo (+400) Cost + $30-40 over 4570 (US /Canada)

Based on the above information alone, you can see why the 4570 makes a lot of sense to someone who isn't going to OC and doesn't have money to burn. lol.

For curiosity sake, here's a basic comparison between the 4570 and 8350. CPU-world 4570 vs 8350
  9. CommentariesAnd More said:
    If thats the way you choose , no problems.
    IMO , get the BitFenix Merc Alpha. Its a good case , and has a lot of fan mounts , can mount a 120mm rad which will be needed if you want something like a Corsair H60. If you can extend the budget though , I highly recommend the CM HAF XB. Its an awesome looking , mod friend , cool and cheap for the money chassis. I am sure you will love it. Fell in love with mine and gonna mod it soon :)
    Flipkart will be my pick for buying stuff , although Snapdeal is just as good. Both have good looking policies , but Flipkart has a longer , better and friendly service. They took my ASRock Z77 Extreme 3 with no packaging , only the bare mobo and the cables. Also replacement product was given at the same time , when they took the defective one , and on top of that , they gave me even though I had no bill , lol.

As for motherboard , get something from Gigabyte , as they seem to be reasonable in replacement cases. ASRock has poor teams , who didnt even replace my motherboard in the first attempt , saying they tested it and it worked , although it wasn't. In the end , replaced it for a Giagbyte mobo due to customer's patience reaching the climax. ASUS and MSI , I cant say.

I was looking for a full atx single motherboards on the cheap. As rock fit my budget, I know as rock is kinda shady but Gigabyte was way too expensive (the full atx one was 10900 + tax). That too it had only cross fire support. The asrock motherboard, I got it for 7300 + tax . I shall checkout the cases you mentioned, btw how is HAF 912 from CM?
  10. bharathitman said:
    CommentariesAnd More said:

I was looking for a full atx single motherboards on the cheap. As rock fit my budget, I know as rock is kinda shady but Gigabyte was way too expensive (the full atx one was 10900 + tax). That too it had only cross fire support. The asrock motherboard, I got it for 7300 + tax . I shall checkout the cases you mentioned, btw who is HAF 912 from CM?

What do you mean ? If your asking who has it , IDK. If its about who sells it , Flipkart and Snapdeal seem to have it.
  11. ASRock make very good motherboards. Every bit as good as MSI and Gigabyte, based on all the reviews out there...
  12. CommentariesAnd More said:
    bharathitman said:
    CommentariesAnd More said:

I was looking for a full atx single motherboards on the cheap. As rock fit my budget, I know as rock is kinda shady but Gigabyte was way too expensive (the full atx one was 10900 + tax). That too it had only cross fire support. The asrock motherboard, I got it for 7300 + tax . I shall checkout the cases you mentioned, btw who is HAF 912 from CM?

What do you mean ? If your asking who has it , IDK. If its about who sells it , Flipkart and Snapdeal seem to have it.

Sorry, it was a typo, I mean to say how is it
Ask a new question

Read More

i5 4430 fx 6300 fx 8320 Intel i5 CPUs