HD 7950 buggs with League of Legends???

rambo244

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2013
Hey guys this is URGENT!

I'm building a new PC and I have over half the parts already in my possession and I'm waiting for the other half to come..

MY PROBLEM is..: I play a game called LoL (League of Legends) and I did some research to see what the 7950 would run LoL at (fps wise) and I knew it would wreck it.. but i was curious...
I found that many people complain of BUGS and "flickering" and lower rate of FPS... something like 40 fps or 60 at max... I also hear that once in a while the game would lag for a split second..?

When this card should really be running LoL at over 200+ easy...

All of these reports are from months ago, and I havn't been able to find ANYTHING from RECENT as in... nobody has posted anything like this for months now..

Apparently I read somewhere that the new drivers from AMD fixed the problem.. and then LoL had a patch and then the problem re-occured...

I was going to return the card and get another type, maybe a GTX 760 BUT, "they" want %15 restocking fee + ill need to pay for shipping and insurance... to canada..
Together that will be around $50 .. just to get it back to them... which i think is ridiculous
BUT LoL is really all I play right now and I want to become really good and DONT want to have any of those buggs.. or laggs.. or anything of the sort...

Esspecially considering Im building a new PC... why have lag.. and WHY play at 40FPS? WHEN MY CURRENT 6 year old pc runs at 60-63!!!!

Pretty annoying...

SO, do any of you play LoL and have a 7950???? Have you played and had these problems???IF so are the problems gone???? what is your take on it???
ANY HELP IS WELCOME!!

Im pretty panic'd right now... I built this computer which is gana be pretty epic.. esspecially if you compare it to what Ive been using..BUT if this is gana be a problem... Im gana have to sort it out!

Thanks guys!

There are random flickers for split seconds, but you can play at 60FPS @ 1080p easily.
There are also VERY short flickers of green.

Its annoying, but not unplayable. Its the way Riot codes the game, patch upon patch upon broken patch.
For League an Nvidia is better, but not worth what you need to do to swap it.

rambo244

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2013

Gah, so the problem is ongoing huh?...

Hm, I play ALOT of LoL and really dont want to have to deal with that crap :/

You running thr new drivers?

Anybody else out there?

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
I use a 560 Ti and recent patch is making me fluctuate between 50-60 fps. If you encounter this problem after the recent patch, it is a patch problem, not your problem. They need to do some work on this fps issue.

rambo244

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2013
Lol, im playing lol on a 6 year old computer and besides loading in to the game a little slower then others i have no bugs at all... and had non ever..

So what the other dude was saying isnt true... about having buggs due to thwir patches...

Also, you have the 7950's but yet u are seeing the flickerin and green?... yeah its like im downgrading my computer by the sounds of it... :/ mite need to get a ddiffereny card... gosh :/